Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Bears Mom says thanks to everyone! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=7337)

idream September 14th, 2004 07:14 PM

Bears Mom says thanks to everyone!

I think I need to make this posting and thank all the kind people on this forum that supported me during the loss of my Bear. I have to be honest...the tears still don't stop. I know many of you know the feeling of getting up in the morning and looking for him or getting his feed ready..every time I hear a dog bark..I think I better go let him in...it's been rough, and thanks to everyone, I'm not sure I'm ready for another pet..when I lost my Spicer..my cat of 18 years I said I wouldn't get another cat..and I haven't..someday I might but we still had Bear and I wanted him to have all my love..right till the end. If that makes any sense! This place has been great all your words have been so thoughtful! My kids took it well, they knew it was his time and were more worried about how I would take it. I have his ashes being prepared in a couple of weeks and will keep him with me forever. Thanks for the messages and I'll keep checking in...maybe someday I'll have a another family member to share with you all!
Thanks for all the best wishes and hugs I really needed them!
Jeannie

Bugsy September 14th, 2004 07:58 PM

Hi Jeannie

I'm so glad you came back... :)

I keep trying to type something to make you feel better ...
and then delete it because I know nothing will make it better. Just know that your pain is so deep because you
loved him soooo much. He was very lucky to be so loved.

chico2 September 14th, 2004 09:26 PM

Jeannie,I too know nothing will make you fel much better right now...I remember when my 19yr old cat Sammy had to be put down,I thought I saw him and heard him all the time and around every corner.I have a little of his hair in my heart-locket always around my neck.
Mornings were worse,fortunately I had 2 other cats that needed me,needed to be fed,but it was two dishes instead of three...... :(
It sometimes takes a long time to realize your loving dog/cat is really gone,but when it sinks in,you'll be thankful you did the right thing for him.Your tears will dry with time and Bear is not suffering anymore,you can take a little solace in the end of his pain.
Please keep in touch...Anita

heeler's rock! September 14th, 2004 10:56 PM

Oh Jeannie.....I am so sorry....I wish I could say I know what it's like to lose a pet you loved so dearly, but I haven't gone through that yet.....my dog Red is getting older, and slower, and I know her time will come to an end one day....she is my best friend and losing her will be the hardest thing...I'm glad for pets.ca because everyone here lends an ear, shoulder, whatever to help ease the pain.....your dog was very lucky to have you to love him as much as you did.....he's smiling down on you always.... :o

Lucky Rescue September 15th, 2004 09:26 AM

It's normal to grieve over the loss of such a long time friend and we understand.:(

I also swore I wouldn't get any more cats or dogs after I lost my 14 yr old dog and 20 year old cat within two weeks and know just how you feel.

I hope the memories of all the good times you had with Bear, and the knowledge that you gave him everything will comfort you.