Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost black cat, Calgary NW (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69027)

chrisf March 18th, 2010 09:06 PM

Lost black cat, Calgary NW

1 Attachment(s)
Large black domestic long-haired cat lost in Edgemont Calgary. Teeto is a 5-year old neutered male. Very friendly and vocal. He has a small, but distinctive white spot on his front right paw.

Last seen March 15th. We are moving to Halifax on May 1st.

Please call Chris at 403-461-2936 with any information.

14+kitties March 18th, 2010 09:18 PM

So he's an outdoor cat? And black to boot.
How long has he been lost? What have you done to find him? Have you put up posters all around your neighbourhood? Have you put his litter box outside along with food and an article of clothing that smells like you or the member in the household he is the closest to? Have you gone out very early in the morning - 5ish - with a bag of his favourite treats and a flashlight to look under, in, on top of everything you can imagine a cat hiding under, in or on top of? Even trees. Have you asked your neighbours to be on the lookout for him? To check their sheds, garages, garbage containers. Have you gone to, not phoned but actually gone to, the shelters in your area to see if he has been brought in? Ask also to check the feral rooms as some cats "act feral" when captured and will put up a fight. He would then be put in that room. Act fast. They are the first to be put down. You need to check with the shelters every day. Last, have you phoned your town works department or whoever is responsible for removing dead animals from the roads. I know you don't want to think of it but it is a possibility. They don't bother checking for microchips or tags normally.
Good luck. Let us know.

mikischo March 18th, 2010 10:02 PM

I don't really have anything to add to what 14+ said. As she said, it is very important that you actually go to the shelters, not just phone. Some places are very overcrowded and may not keep them long.

Your Teeto is a beautiful boy. Sending :goodvibes: that he comes home safely.

chrisf March 18th, 2010 10:14 PM

Thank you both for your support

I can't thank you enough for your good vibes, I know with people like you's helping us with positive thought he will be safe and sound very soon. I have been exploring all of the options and have followed your tips.

Like yourselves im sure, he is a full fledged member of our family and getting him back is our number 1 priority

Thanks again!!!
Can't thank you enough!!

Chris

chico2 March 19th, 2010 07:13 AM

What a beauty:lovestruck:
Hopefully you can give us some good news soon:pray::goodvibes::fingerscr

Golden Girls March 19th, 2010 07:23 AM

:goodvibes: :fingerscr: :goodvibes: