Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68675)

14+kitties February 26th, 2010 03:49 PM

Make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
:yell: Yesterday morning we had mostly grass. Now this!!! And in Niagara Falls where kr and klm are it's worse!! :eek:
I am so glad I am not working today!! Although hubby may have to plow a path for me tomorrow morning to get to the main road. We are the "forgotten" road here. Always the last to be plowed.

Chris21711 February 26th, 2010 04:06 PM

:laughing: I feel the same way 14k, it did stop for a while but is back at it again :frustrated:...I thought I would go and shovel a bit, I did, the back steps for the dawgs and the front step and threw in the shovel.

Not too many Kits sunning themselves on the roof today :cat::cat::cat:

14+kitties February 26th, 2010 04:09 PM

It's really coming down here now too. :frustrated:
If the picture would have been clearer you would have seen about 5 of them sitting on their porch. There is still a few out wandering. Silly kitties. Go inside!!!

Chris21711 February 26th, 2010 04:12 PM

The others probably dared them to do it :laughing:

14+kitties February 26th, 2010 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;889559]The others probably dared them to do it :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: That's it!!

Love4himies February 26th, 2010 05:31 PM

I know how you feel :yell: :frustrated:. It is too wet to enjoy it. Poor Jasper doesn't like to get his paws wet :(

Dog Dancer February 26th, 2010 05:35 PM

Seriously I feel for you guys. Did you see my spring has sprung thread a few days ago??? Okay kidding. Don't look at it now, you'll snap. Doesn't the saying go "Go West"... Sorry, had to take my cheap shot. I am sorry that you guys are getting so much snow though. (Okay so I'm not very good at this BS stuff.):D

Frenchy February 26th, 2010 06:34 PM

if only you wouldn't have to go to work 14+ :( you could enjoy it a bit ...

as for the kitties , they have both of best worlds ... they can play in it , then go inside and cuddle with the others :cloud9:

14+kitties February 26th, 2010 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;889608]if only you wouldn't have to go to work 14+ :( you could enjoy it a bit ...

as for the kitties , they have both of best worlds ... they can play in it , then go inside and cuddle with the others :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

No no no no no!!! Nothing to enjoy about cold, wet stuff!!! :yuck: I had to go out around 5 or so and knock the snow off the top of the fence. It's holding up really well :thumbs up but I didn't want to take the chance. It already had about 4 inches of snow sitting on top. So I froze my fingers off wearing gloves with holes in the tips from opening food tins :rolleyes: and using a broom to brush off the top of the 1/4 acre fence. FUN? For about the first minute or so. After that, nope!!

Guess which kitties were the only ones brave enough to be out in the storm... Orbit who has so much fur I don't think he would feel a hail storm ... and Duece! He must be used to the Quebec winters. :D They had fun following me around the fence - other side of course - until the snow starting coming down on them!! :eek:Then they took off for safer places - the porch.

Frenchy February 26th, 2010 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;889611]
Guess which kitties were the only ones brave enough to be out in the storm... Orbit who has so much fur I don't think he would feel a hail storm ... and Duece! He must be used to the Quebec winters. :D [/QUOTE]

woot woot Duece !!! :thumbs up what a man ... I mean what a cat :laughing:

edwina February 26th, 2010 10:10 PM

Yes i am sick of it too, i want spring, now !! :yell: :frustrated:

krdahmer February 27th, 2010 12:47 AM

booooo..... I mean brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!;):cool: Oh come on it's not that bad....we've been rather spoiled this year with a lack of really crappy weather. I didn't even break out the boots today (although all the snow I got IN my shoes indicated that I should have!!!:laughing: )

growler~GateKeeper February 27th, 2010 01:32 AM

Very pretty :cloud9:

Tig's mom February 27th, 2010 02:40 PM

:shrug:
I heard the weather reports today, and I just don't know why there is so many snow storms down east? Calgary is quite warm, (it's still close to 0, and does get to -10 at night). I did always think that Ontario had losts of snow though, but not this time of year.:confused:
Stay warm, drive carefully, and I will pray that it stops!:fingerscr

cell February 27th, 2010 02:44 PM

I hear you about the weather, this week was spring break and it was snow, slush and rain everyday, hard to convince a puppy to go outside when he gets soaking wet and freezes.... hopefully this is the end of winter...

Dee-O-Gee February 27th, 2010 03:36 PM

It's still snowing here! :yell: :yell:

It's been heavy, heart attack, lake effect snow for the past 24 hours here! :frustrated:

For anyone who need to clear driveway/walkways where ever you are--PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!

krdahmer February 27th, 2010 06:59 PM

Ok I take that back!!! Holy Snow! Thought they said it was going to slow down last night....woke up to some waist high drifts here!!! And the plows just seem to be making the side roads worse.... coming down my street is like a roller coaster of ice.... have to drive like 15km/hr or parts start shaking off your car!!! :eek::shrug:

ancientgirl February 27th, 2010 07:12 PM

Wow:eek: The snow this year has been brutal for you guys. I hope it lets up soon!

aslan February 27th, 2010 07:13 PM

lol, believe me AG we hope it stops soon too..i was enjoying a pretty snowless winter up until now.

ancientgirl February 27th, 2010 07:22 PM

It's been a weird winter here too. We haven't had such cold temperatures here at this time of year since I think I heard the 1940's.

krdahmer February 27th, 2010 11:06 PM

You know the news is very entertaining when you guys in the south do get ice and snow though....nothing funnier for us canucks than watching cars slide one after another past a stop sign and into each other in somewhere like carolina!!! :laughing: ;)

here's one from tennessee...
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXLvjRXdeE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXLvjRXdeE&feature=related[/URL]

14+kitties February 27th, 2010 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;889638]woot woot Duece !!! :thumbs up what a man ... I mean what a cat :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:

[QUOTE=edwina;889669]Yes i am sick of it too, i want spring, now !! :yell: :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

How are your kitties holding up to the cold?

[QUOTE=growler;889681]Very pretty :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

:frustrated: You want some? I'll send it out. :rolleyes: 'Course now that the Olympics are almost over you don't need it.

14+kitties February 27th, 2010 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=Tig's mom;889722]:shrug:
I heard the weather reports today, and I just don't know why there is so many snow storms down east? Calgary is quite warm, (it's still close to 0, and does get to -10 at night). I did always think that Ontario had losts of snow though, but not this time of year.:confused:
Stay warm, drive carefully, and I will pray that it stops!:fingerscr[/QUOTE]

Actually, the weather has been quite nice besides the snow. Up to +5 yesterday. Just lots of snow. Today it was wet snow so we had it coming down all day and turning the snow into heavier stuff with water underneath. Y'know, the nice heavy stuff that makes marvelous slush. :yuck:

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;889763]Wow:eek: The snow this year has been brutal for you guys. I hope it lets up soon![/QUOTE]

We have gotten off easy this year. Most of the time my area has only had a couple of inches. This storm is (I hope) the one and only of the winter. :pray:

[QUOTE=krdahmer;889834]You know the news is very entertaining when you guys in the south do get ice and snow though....nothing funnier for us canucks than watching cars slide one after another past a stop sign and into each other in somewhere like carolina!!! :laughing: ;)[/QUOTE]

Mean girl!! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper February 28th, 2010 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;889838]:frustrated: You want some? I'll send it out. :rolleyes: 'Course now that the Olympics are almost over you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely send some this way :cloud9: but save at least a foot or so of snow for Hazel she wants some more too :D