Pet forum for dogs cats and humans -

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - (
-   Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (
-   -   Need help with kitty (

Aespinel December 5th, 2009 11:09 PM

Need help with kitty
Hi everyone I just googled and found this website and I wanted to see if someone can help me with this. I have a cat named Mona and she has mild flea allergies. Every winter we get fleas and we treat everyone in the house. Last week I noticed that she got bit and now has a scab on her neck. We took her to the vet today and she was prescribed Clavamox (1 mL) and Prednisone (5 mg). I gave her both as the doctor prescribed at noon and at five she threw up clear foamy bile. About an hour later, she threw up twice again. She stopped since then however I'm afraid to give her the medicine again. I called the afterhours number for my vet but they won't return my call so I decided to call the pet hospital at Texas A&M and they suggested I take her off the clavamox until tomorrow since my vet opens at two. They told me however to keep giving her the Prednisone and see if she throws up again. I'm not sure if I want to do that since I don't want her throwing up again. What should I do??? Thank you all for reading this and your future suggestions!!

growler~GateKeeper December 6th, 2009 02:47 AM

Sounds like a good plan from the vets @ Texas A&M, the clavamox is more likely to be the cause of the vomiting than the pred was.

If you are still uncomfortable giving the pred by thinking she may vomit again then just skip it until you speak to your regular vet as they may have some other treatment option for you.

:goodvibes: let us know how it goes and welcome to :pawprint:

Aespinel December 6th, 2009 01:30 PM

Thank you for your reply! Last night I was still concerned about the lack of appetite and vomiting (she was vomiting everything including some food I gave her with a serynge) so I decided not to give her any of the meds. She woke up fine and in heat I also saw her eating and drinking this morning so that makes me feel a lot better. I think she just got a big tummy ache. I'm going to call them today and see if there is any alternate medicines she could take, ointments or even natural remedies such as aloe (not sure if this one is safe yet but will ask before trying). Last time she got this she was pregnant and then lactating and she got out of it on her own since we couldn't medicate her. I will keep u posted on what happens. Thank you!!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.