Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RIP sweet Tigger (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64153)

Rottielover July 16th, 2009 11:24 AM

RIP sweet Tigger

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Joy for saying what I could not.
It happened so fast. After I wrote on here, I decided to find a way, I rushed him to EMG. As I suspected he was completely blocked, the other times were not as bad. The vet there told me that he was in so much pain. I asked for them to put a catheter in him, and give him anti inflammatory, so he will be ok until the next day.

7am I rushed him to my vet clinic and saw a very caring new Dr. She touched him and told me that his bladder was full, touching him made it worse.

She brought him in the back, did an xray, came back, showed me the size of bladder.

The vet looked at his file and noticed that this has happened 3 times in the past year, each time getting a lot worse.

She also pointed out that he has a very small urethra, and food would not even help that.

She came back with an estimate of over 1500$, also with the odds.

She very caringly told me, since he is prone, she can do the catheter, and all the rest, but it can come back in a couple days.

She then proceeded to explain that it is a good chance it would have to be done almost every 6 months.

As much as that hurt me to hear, watching him in so much pain hurt me more. Everything happened so fast, a couple days ago he swatted the newbie to say I want food the next suffering.

I know everyone says quality over quantity, but losing 2 cats at such young ages really is too much for me. Terror 4, Tigger just had his 5th birthday.

I am really going to miss the kisses every morning L

I am so sorry you had to go through all this Baby

Last thing I heard was the sweet sound of your purr.. . :rip: Baby

BenMax July 16th, 2009 11:28 AM

Oh Lord......:cry::cry::cry:

I am so so sorry. RIP little angel.:rip:

14+kitties July 16th, 2009 11:29 AM

:candle::rip: Tigger :candle: You will be much missed. :sad:

breeze July 16th, 2009 11:50 AM

I am so sorry RL

:candle::rip: run pain free little one.:candle:

Winston July 16th, 2009 12:37 PM

Rottielover I am so sorry for your loss! Take comfort in knowing that you did right by him in easing him over to run free of pain at the rainbow Bridge! It was the kindest thing you could have ever done!

I know it seems that they were with you for such a short time but please remember it was the QUALITY of time they had with you that matters! and they are waiting for you at the Bridge!

RIP Sweet Tigger!

Melinda July 16th, 2009 12:51 PM

what a wonderful life with a wonderful mom you had Tigger, run pain free over the bridge. *huggers* Rottielover

ScottieDog July 16th, 2009 01:09 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. This is a pain that is so deep, burning and intense it is unbearable. Know that you shouldered this emotional pain to ease the physical pain your Tigger was suffering.

Your sweet Tigger is patting butterflies at the Bridge. :rip: Sweet Tigger

ancientgirl July 16th, 2009 01:34 PM

I'm so sorry. I couldn't believe it when I saw the title of this after seeing him in those wonderful photos.:sad:

You have my deepest most heartfelt sympathy.

:rip:Tigger

CearaQC July 16th, 2009 01:36 PM

Oh no! So sorry to hear. That was very sudden.:grouphug:

The same thing happened to my cat Nosey in 2004.

:rip:Tigger

dogcatharmony July 16th, 2009 01:45 PM

Sending you my thoughts and prayers. I am so shocked.:grouphug: So sad.

Run free Tigger:candle:

rainbow July 16th, 2009 01:45 PM

[B]RL,[/B] I am so sorry to hear about Tigger. :grouphug: I agree with Winston ....as hard as it was to do, you did the final act of kindness for him. :grouphug:

:rip: Sweet Tigger :candle:

hazelrunpack July 16th, 2009 02:53 PM

:candle: Tigger

hunnybunny July 16th, 2009 02:59 PM

So sorry for your loss of your beloved Tigger:sad:

:rip: Run free sweet one :candle: x

luckypenny July 16th, 2009 03:01 PM

RIP Tigger :candle:

kandy July 16th, 2009 04:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP Tigger - play well across the bridge

Rottielover July 16th, 2009 05:41 PM

Thank you very much for all your thoughts. I have yet to stop crying, I do not know if I could ever explain how special this cat was. woken up with kisses, slept on my pillow, groomed harley, played with the dogs.
I have spoken to Kayla, I let her know it is ok to miss him, and to cry if you are sad. I am still crying over his loss.
I was not prepared to say good bye so quickly :(

aslan July 16th, 2009 05:43 PM

Oh Rottie, i'm so sorry for your loss, Its bed enough when you lose a furchild, but when they are extra special and there is a child involved it makes it all the worse. :grouphug:

:rip:Tigger..

dmc123 July 16th, 2009 05:46 PM

I too am so sorry for your loss.

Diane

edwina July 16th, 2009 06:33 PM

:rip: Tigger :cry: :cry:

JanM July 16th, 2009 08:26 PM

My heart goes out to you!

mikischo July 16th, 2009 11:03 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

:rip: :candle:sweet Tigger:candle:. Run free until you meet with your loved ones again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat." -------Mark Twain
"The animals share with us the privilege of having a soul." -------Pythagoras
"The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different." -------Hippocrates

sbainbr July 17th, 2009 01:09 AM

I know that your beautiful Tigger is having the best of times at the Rainbow Bridge. None of us are ever prepared to say goodbye to our beautiful furry babies, but it was such a brave choice of you to ease Tigger's pain and send him to a place where he can be free again!

Remember that he is with you, and you'll be reunited with kisses before you know it! :lovestruck: My thoughts are with you.

TeriM July 17th, 2009 01:17 AM

I'm so sorry Rottielover :sad:. Lots of hugs to you and Kaila :grouphug: :grouphug:.

Chaser July 17th, 2009 08:39 PM

I'm so sorry about Tigger :rip: :sad:

It's odd how life works....seems that Missy came into your life just as you needed each other most....

Magicwildwolf69 July 17th, 2009 08:59 PM

i am so sorry to hear about tigger i understand the pain and the suddenness of this happen. i send all the hugs i can to help you through this.

[I][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Lend Me A Kitten

I will lend to you for awhile a kitten, God said.
For you to love while he lives, and mourn when he's dead.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
But will you, 'till I call him back, take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you and, should his stay be brief
you'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true.
And from the folk that crowds life's land I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labor vain?
Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?

My heart replied, "My Lord, Thy Will Be Done"
For all the joys this kitten brings the risk of grief I'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may.
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.
But should you call him back much sooner than we planned.
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
If, by our love we've managed your wishes to achieve,
Then in memory of him who we loved, please help us while we grieve.
When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send yet another needing soul for us to love all his life.

-Author Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Rottielover July 17th, 2009 09:12 PM

I really appreciate all this support, thank you.
I am still struggling, especially trying to stay strong for Kayla, she is a mess, would make it worse for her to see her mommy cry

chico2 July 18th, 2009 08:38 AM

Awww Rottielover and Kayla:cry:as I said in the other post,I did not know,somehow missed your post about Tigger.
I am so sorry,only by seeing a photo of beautiful big Tigger,I knew he was a very special kitty:lovestruck:
I too had a Tigger(Maine Coon)who left me the exact same way..
Your Tigger is ok now,I know it does not make it any easier to know that,he was a beautiful,sweet kitty,a Rotties best friend and he is sorely missed I am sure.
:angel2:go with the angels lovely Tigger,look over Mom,Kayla and your 2 Rottie-friends:angel2:

Shaykeija July 18th, 2009 09:14 AM

What a beauty. I am so sorry for your loss. Seems like every time we lose one, our hearts shrivel a little. :grouphug:

cpietra16 July 18th, 2009 08:25 PM

oh K and Kaila......oh OMG...I am so sorry....not Tigger...OMG. I am away for a few days but please call me..i am back on the 21th.....I am so sorry. I have lost so many as well. I am so sorry. RIP sweet little Tigger.