Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet product reviews - dog products (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Skinneez (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55533)

rainbow August 17th, 2008 03:07 AM

Skinneez

Here is a recommendation for Skinneez that [B]lotus[/B] posted....

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=641655#post641655[/url]

Purpledomino August 26th, 2008 06:37 PM

Having checked two Walmarts for these without any luck, I finally found a Mini Skineez at my local pet supply store. I bought the "racoon", and it was an instant hit....especially with Petie the Minpin. He LOVES this toy, kinda like I figured he might. Two thumbs up from me! :thumbs up :thumbs up

luckypenny August 29th, 2008 07:51 AM

I picked some up for each of the dogs yesterday. They're a hit :thumbs up..

Lucky went completely insane thinking they were real :rolleyes:. The squeakers in them confirmed they were alive :laughing:. He grabbed one and went straight for his crate. He's not always possessive of his toys but this was certainly an exception.

Ava and Emma played tug with their two, soaking them in slobber.

Penny took hers outside and wanted to play fetch with it :rolleyes: (they're not so easy to throw any distance :D).

And all three adults tried to bury them :eek:. The Skinneeez will now remain indoor toys.

I love the fact they can't be 'gutted.' It's a great alternative to stuffies with this pack.

Lucky, Penny, Ava, and Emma all give :pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

wdawson September 1st, 2008 11:52 AM

bea and maggie are not fans:sad: not enough stuffing i guess:rolleyes: oh well the cuz is still a big hit:D

Chris21711 September 1st, 2008 12:05 PM

Iggy neither WD, no stuffing no fun for him. Once he kills something then he has no interest in it.

allymack September 9th, 2008 07:29 PM

ok, so i ofund these at one of the loacl stores, just wondering how storng and tough they are?

lotus September 10th, 2008 07:25 AM

Sugar has 4 ,she continually squeaks the squeakers non stop. I have replaced squeakers twice. It's ok if your dog doesn't squeak them non stop. Friend got one for their Rottweilers they don't seem to squeak them like Sugar does and its held up pretty good. Even when Sugar has killed the squeaker she still plays with them.

bendyfoot September 10th, 2008 02:48 PM

:DJust saw one of these at the pet store today, and ALMOST bought one...but our big ol' dino is still holding up (as have all the new puppy toys, miraculously:eek:) so maybe next time :D

t.pettet September 10th, 2008 10:36 PM

Skinneez

I bought the skunk skinnees today and everyone had a piece of it in their mouths, there was the longest tug-of-war I've ever seen, hilarious. Joe finally got it away from the others and hid it in the tall grass or so he thought. We all came in the house and when they went out later Phoebe remembered exactly where he'd hidden it and the tug started all over again. Best toy I've purchased in a long time.

hazelrunpack September 10th, 2008 11:29 PM

Are they durable enough to stand up to 8 dogs between 33 and 65 pounds? Possibly all of them at once? :o We're always looking for indestructible toys here...so far, black Kongs are the best. Cuzes have been banned :sad:...too easy to get pieces off them. :shrug:

TeriM September 11th, 2008 12:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;655405]Are they durable enough to stand up to 8 dogs between 33 and 65 pounds? Possibly all of them at once? :o We're always looking for indestructible toys here...so far, black Kongs are the best. Cuzes have been banned :sad:...too easy to get pieces off them. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

In a word ..... NO! Please see attached :D.

[ATTACH]41402[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41403[/ATTACH]

I bought this for Riley on saturday afternoon. He LOVED it! But ... he had killed the squeekers within about 30 min and had destuffed the squeekers shortly after that :frustrated:. The toy itself actually lasted much longer than most, he played with it on Sunday and Monday and by last night there was too many big holes and pieces coming off so I took it away for good. He did enjoy it very much and it lasted much longer then most but definately would not hold up to eight dogs.

Hazel, I would recommend any of the orbeez-tuff by planet dog. They are kinda pricey but they are rated on a "chomp meter" and they are amazing. The dogs love them and they are easily as strong as kongs. Riley and Sam together are brutal on the toys but these have easily held up to anything they have done to them :thumbs up.
[url]http://www.planetdog.com/category.aspx?categoryID=24&startpage=0[/url]

TeriM September 11th, 2008 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A pic of Riley with his skinneez that growler took at our meetup :D.

breeze September 11th, 2008 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=TeriM;655411]In a word ..... NO! Please see attached :D.

[ATTACH]41402[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]41403[/ATTACH]

I bought this for Riley on saturday afternoon. He LOVED it! But ... he had killed the squeekers within about 30 min and had destuffed the squeekers shortly after that :frustrated:. The toy itself actually lasted much longer than most, he played with it on Sunday and Monday and by last night there was too many big holes and pieces coming off so I took it away for good. He did enjoy it very much and it lasted much longer then most but definately would not hold up to eight dogs.

Hazel, I would recommend any of the orbeez-tuff by planet dog. They are kinda pricey but they are rated on a "chomp meter" and they are amazing. The dogs love them and they are easily as strong as kongs. Riley and Sam together are brutal on the toys but these have easily held up to anything they have done to them :thumbs up.
[url]http://www.planetdog.com/category.aspx?categoryID=24&startpage=0[/url][/QUOTE]

but there is one in planet dog it is call a tug, that is NOT strong..
I bought it for bree and within a day she managed to destroy the handle that you use for a tug toy.....the plastic part that you hold does NOT stand up to one dog

bendyfoot September 15th, 2008 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;655405]Are they durable enough to stand up to 8 dogs between 33 and 65 pounds? Possibly all of them at once? :o We're always looking for indestructible toys here...so far, black Kongs are the best. Cuzes have been banned :sad:...too easy to get pieces off them. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Hazel, look for the dino stuffy I posted about....or one of the products from that company...