Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) - Transportation (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Transport needed - Montreal to Niagara Falls...... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73430)

14+kitties November 2nd, 2010 02:27 PM

Transport needed - Montreal to Niagara Falls......

So Heidi needs to come to her foster home. I know if cpietra can get her to L4's L4 will bring her to the next leg. Who's available? If needed I'm sure kr and I will be able to do a quick run to Chris' again on our next consecutive day off.

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73269&page=2[/url]

Let's work some magic again folks!!!! :thumbs up

BenMax November 2nd, 2010 02:33 PM

I have a rescue coming in next weekend (not weekend coming up). They are from Niagra Falls area. Do you want me to ask? Remember however that they will have alot of dogs in this run.

Winston November 2nd, 2010 02:46 PM

Depending on where and what day I might be able to assist you 14+ but I am not far from you so Heidi would be almost home by them.

Where is L4H gonna drop off?

chico2 November 2nd, 2010 04:41 PM

i would love to do the last leg again,but my stupid cast won't allow me to drive:(
however,if it's no too far,hubby might be talked in to driving,as long as it's going west.
l4h,as usual,you are great for helping out:grouphug:

cpietra16 November 2nd, 2010 05:15 PM

WHEN will this go down guys :rolleyes::DI need to find sitters for my kids. Heidi is doing ok. I will try and post a video clip as soon as my friend lends me her camera.

Love4himies November 2nd, 2010 05:28 PM

I can only do it on the weekend, we are in the middle of quarterly reporting at work.

Love4himies November 2nd, 2010 05:34 PM

I assume that the kitty will be dropped off for a overnight stay :D :cloud9::lovestruck: :cloud9::lovestruck:

cpietra16 November 2nd, 2010 06:09 PM

Let me know when it works for you L4H. I would guess that Sunday would be too late? I may have a few ringuette and hockey games that I need to take my kids too. I will know more when I talk to thier dad.

Love4himies November 2nd, 2010 06:15 PM

I can receive her during the week, I just can't take her to TO during the week. If a weekday works better for you if your kids are in school, then that is fine.

Is she easy to handle?

14+kitties November 2nd, 2010 06:49 PM

Hey ladies. I'm just trying to help out.:o If Heidi is doing well at your place cpietra and you are ok with her there she can stay. :D Just thought you couldn't keep her. kr said she would take her. I'm not sure when I can do anything as we would have to coordinate days. I work weird hours but will do whatever I can.
BM - Is the rescue going or coming from Niagara?

cpietra16 November 2nd, 2010 07:00 PM

14+ I really can't keep her at this time, or I would have. When I agreed to help rehome Heidi, the lady knew I could not take her in. I am in school three days a week and work full time. I can not socialize her at this point.
Heidi's previous owner knew this, but did not like my plan of putting her in a supervised colony. Since I could not find other foster homes, the lady decided to have heidi put down because she deemed her unadoptable...and that is where Krdahmer came in.

Winston November 2nd, 2010 07:44 PM

L4H what part can you do? I know you said the weekend but how far are you going to drive to?

So far its Cpietra to you...you to ?

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 06:48 AM

I would prefer to only go as far as Brock Rd, I think the collectors start just after that. If DH comes with me, we could go a little further into TO.

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 06:49 AM

I think DH has Monday off, I may be able to swing Monday off too. So if Sunday works for you cpietra it may work out. Will have to confirm though.

Winston November 3rd, 2010 07:12 AM

So L4H thats the Etobicoke area right?

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 07:26 AM

No, I think it is Pickering???? I don't know where exactly Etobicoke is. :shrug:

aslan November 3rd, 2010 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;964095]No, I think it is Pickering???? I don't know where exactly Etobicoke is. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

lol,,,etobicoke is where i live L4, Not sure of my work schedule or you know i'd offer to help.

Winston November 3rd, 2010 08:14 AM

Okay so is there anyone that can get Heidi closer to me other than Pickering?

Chris21711 November 3rd, 2010 08:28 AM

Me, I can meet L4H same place as last time.

Winston November 3rd, 2010 08:36 AM

Chris so you would bring Heidi to your place? or somewhere else?

Chris21711 November 3rd, 2010 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;964105]Chris so you would bring Heidi to your place? or somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

No, I can meet you west of the city. What do you think?

BenMax November 3rd, 2010 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;964035]Hey ladies. I'm just trying to help out.:o If Heidi is doing well at your place cpietra and you are ok with her there she can stay. :D Just thought you couldn't keep her. kr said she would take her. I'm not sure when I can do anything as we would have to coordinate days. I work weird hours but will do whatever I can.
BM - Is the rescue going or coming from Niagara?[/QUOTE]

Rescue is coming into Montreal and then returning to Niagra with some rescue dogs. I have asked her before to take a cat or two which she has done. Let me know if this can assist you.:). It never hurts to ask.

Winston November 3rd, 2010 08:54 AM

BM this may be better for everyone if they are already coming? It would save alot of travel for everyone? Is this on the week end?

Can you let us know if they will before we go ahead with trying to organize transport?

Cindy

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 09:13 AM

My personal feeling is that Montreal to Niagara is really too long of a travel for a cat if you don't have. It is not like a dog that can have a break, especially if you run into trouble through GTA :shrug:. That's why I like to have the cat stay overnight for a break overnight.

Chris21711 November 3rd, 2010 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;964110]BM this may be better for everyone if they are already coming? It would save alot of travel for everyone? Is this on the week end?

Can you let us know if they will before we go ahead with trying to organize transport?

Cindy[/QUOTE]

Winston, BenMax said that they are coming the weekend of the Nov 15th....

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]***[/COLOR]I have a rescue coming in next weekend (not weekend coming up). They are from Niagra Falls area. Do you want me to ask? Remember however that they will have alot of dogs in this run.[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]***[/COLOR]

BenMax November 3rd, 2010 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;964115]My personal feeling is that Montreal to Niagara is really too long of a travel for a cat if you don't have. It is not like a dog that can have a break, especially if you run into trouble through GTA :shrug:. That's why I like to have the cat stay overnight for a break overnight.[/QUOTE]

I understand completely however it has been done. I will not lie, the cats are stressed due to the presense of the dogs and the noise. But on the other hand, if it means saving a life...then you take the less of both evils.

Totally up to you gals on what you want to do. If it does not work out...there is a back up.:thumbs up

cpietra16 November 3rd, 2010 04:34 PM

Heidi may not do very well for the long ride Montreal- Niagra. When She came to my house ( 5 minutes ride)...her stress level was haigh and she peed all over the crate...trying to hide.
I can make it on Sunday or if I can get my ex to look after the kids I can make it on saturday...SUnday would probably be a little less stressful
I can;t remember how far I need to go and where....:shrug:memory loss...sorry guys. I'm a :loser:when it comes to my memory

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 04:58 PM

Sunday is good, if I can transport Monday.

Love4himies November 3rd, 2010 05:36 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;964221]Heidi may not do very well for the long ride Montreal- Niagra. When She came to my house ( 5 minutes ride)...her stress level was haigh and she peed all over the crate...trying to hide.
I can make it on Sunday or if I can get my ex to look after the kids I can make it on saturday...SUnday would probably be a little less stressful
I can;t remember how far I need to go and where....:shrug:memory loss...sorry guys. I'm a :loser:when it comes to my memory[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you want me to email you or PM you my address and phone #

Another thing is the crate issue. The cat can't be taken from crate to crate during the transfer so I will need my crate back, unless I can talk Global into giving me one at a discount. :D

Winston November 4th, 2010 08:22 AM

Monday isnt looking like a good day for me to do this?? It would be a really long drive going up to Chris's and then all the way to Niagara and then back to Hamilton??

I was thinking about what others have said and am wondering if Benmax's option would make it easier. Seeing as no matter how we do it the drive and distance is far and heidi doesnt obviously do well in a vehicle yet it wont matter when we do it. There is also the cage issue and this way if she is transported she is transported in one cage/carrier and no risk of her escaping.

I think BM mentioned the 15th of Nov what do others think?

Cindy