Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   cutie for adoption (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32423)

Frenchy November 4th, 2006 06:23 PM

cutie for adoption

A dear woman near my place in Hemmingford has her own personal rescue. She takes in strays,get them spayed/neutered/vaccinated (when she can) and tries to find them good homes. A momma cat had her litter in the woman's shed. The momma and the rest of the litter died 4 days later. This little one remained,got nurse to a healthy cat. She is now 18 months old , spayed and vaccinated. Loves dogs but is a bit scared of cats ! Needs someone who will be home most of the time or dog/dogs to keep her company. She greets people at the door just like a dog (she actually thinks she's a dog) This beautiful cat is in Hemmingford. pm me for more details.

Prin November 4th, 2006 07:42 PM

Aww, I wish I could have a kitty. That sounds like the perfect kitty for me.:(

Good luck kitty!!! :fingerscr

Skryker November 4th, 2006 07:45 PM

She's adorable, and seems so tiny for 18 months. Wish I could take her in, but I already have one cat that is not so fond of other cats (and a husband who would kill me for even considering another pet. :p )

Frenchy November 4th, 2006 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=Skryker;310513]She's adorable, and seems so tiny for 18 months. [/QUOTE]

I think these are older pics.

Skryker November 4th, 2006 08:03 PM

That makes sense. :crazy: My little black cat Pepper, though, wasn't much bigger-she weighed only 4 pounds until she was about 15 years old-then she went up to 5 pounds. It used to shock people when they asked how old my kitten was, and I'd say 14 years!

chico2 November 19th, 2006 08:42 AM

She is a beauty,LOVE those big paws!!
Hopefully she has a home by now,but she looks perfectly happy where she is:cat:

jiorji November 19th, 2006 03:20 PM

Some cats are small. Mine are about half of what a normal size cat should be.

but this little darling is just the CUTEST with her fluffy tail:cloud9: I hope she finds a home soon:fingerscr

Maya November 19th, 2006 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=Prin]Aww, I wish I could have a kitty. That sounds like the perfect kitty for me.[/QUOTE]I don't know if your dogs would be fluffy enough for her.;)

rainbow November 26th, 2006 02:30 AM

Any updates on this cute little girl? :fingerscr

lewisw December 7th, 2006 02:34 PM

kitten/cat possible adoption

Hi Frenchy,
Can you pm Sarah about this cat as I am agreeign to give her an early christmas present ( YES she has been bugging me for a pussycat) so if she gets along with Dani and Sheba I would like to adopt a cat/kitten for her.

Let us know as soon as you can.:thumbs up

Lewis

jesse's mommy December 7th, 2006 04:24 PM

Lewis I hope it's not supposed to be a secret. :evil:

Prin December 7th, 2006 04:26 PM

lol JM, good point. :D

Frenchy December 7th, 2006 05:07 PM

I'll call the lady to see if she's still up for adoption :fingerscr

Frenchy December 7th, 2006 08:02 PM

She has been adopted but she has another one in need of a home. Tell Sarah to check her pm.

rainbow December 7th, 2006 08:03 PM

Fingers crossed for Lewis and Sarah and this gorgeous kitty. :fingerscr

chico2 December 8th, 2006 08:18 AM

I thought so,she was a beautiful little girl,but I am sure there is no shortage of needy little cats/kittens out there:cat:

SARAH December 8th, 2006 09:37 AM

Frenchy December 8th, 2006 09:42 AM

As long as you look at petfinder :thumbs up :fingerscr

SARAH December 8th, 2006 01:57 PM

chico2 December 8th, 2006 04:51 PM

Bella's K,I went to my vet today to pick up meds for Rocky and I ALMOST ended up with a cute orange kitty,who had been returned to HS by some moron,my vet also had 4 little 8 week old kittens all grey,who had been dumped in box outside Humane Society.
I left my vet absolutely heartsick,wishing I could have taken them all:sad:
Our HS,fosters out kittens,so the older cats will have a chance to get adopted.:thumbs up

Frenchy December 8th, 2006 06:13 PM

Chico2 got me thinking, Sarah, you can check at your vet too, they usually have a bilboard full of cats in need of homes. They are so much cats looking for a home :(

poodletalk December 9th, 2006 08:09 AM

Don't forget the SPCA Monteregie, we have ALOT of cats and kittens looking for a good home. [url]www.spcamonteregie.com[/url]

SARAH December 9th, 2006 01:39 PM

Scubagear92 January 16th, 2007 10:46 PM

. . . Why do you keep posting the '...'?

lewisw January 16th, 2007 11:25 PM

She is not posting .... she deleted all her previous posts due to be harrassed by some jerk.

CyberKitten January 17th, 2007 12:47 AM

OMG- remember that woman whose cat was killed by a visitor? This kitty is identical to her - what a beautiful cat!! (I don't know if I dare show her the pictures, sigh!)

chico2 January 17th, 2007 08:48 AM

It's too bad when this happens to a member,personally I would not let one jerk bother me,since 99,9% of our members are wonderful people:thumbs up

Frenchy January 17th, 2007 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=lewisw;353594]She is not posting .... she deleted all her previous posts due to be harrassed by some jerk.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally in the dark here, did she report it to the mods ?

SARAH January 17th, 2007 02:12 PM

Lewis is totally in love with Sheba, and it’s reciprocated by her too :lovestruck: personally, she drives me nuts! Should have called her Scotch (as in tape), Glue or Shadow, lol. I’ve rarely seen a dog so permanently glued to her people. Other than that …

Her tail is now perfectly healed, and the fur growing back to hide the fact that it’s a little short(er).

The wound on her bum is covered by fur again, but it grew back almost white, so it looks like she has a “bulls-eye” waiting to be shot at :D

She was groomed on Monday, and came out of there prancing! SO proud of being clean and pretty :cloud9: too funny.

I got a Halti for her and Dani, they were pulling more and more, trying to overdo eachother. Dani had tried the Halti before and hated it. This time though, seing that Sheba hated it (too), all of a sudden she played the Diva and danced down the street happy as a lark ;) I just cracked up, she was so funny! Sheba stopped squirming when she saw the front door of the house. But they weren’t pulling!

:cat:

Misti … a chapter apart that one! What to say? She’s a growing kitten! Anyone who’s had one, even more so with a dog or two, know what I mean. She’s running circles around both dogs, charmed Lewis into a cat-lover, ignores me when she’s not all over the kitchen counter and stove; walks all over our key-boards and sits so she blocks the screen of the PCs, boxes other animals on TV, boxes Dani in the nose, sleeps with Sheba, kills the cardboard trays the water bottles come on (we leave the plastic over it, she rushes in, and out the other end!), plays hockey with any plastic water-bottle-top she can steal from anywhere, and comes purring into the bed at any time she pleases during the night :goodvibes: in short, she’s a healthy 5½ month old kitten!

Her one funny thing though … Ricolas! She’s discovered that they are hard and thereby make noise on the floor when she dribbles them around. So, she’ll hunt down a bag of Ricolas and fish one out to play with it. The trouble is, Dani got curious, and unwrapped one with her teeth one day, and in doing so licked the Ricola. Result: we now have two Ricola-addicted animals. One plays with them, and the other eats them! Clank, crunch :grouphug:

chico2 January 17th, 2007 05:21 PM

Sarah,welcome back!!! Misti sounds delightful,you must have a very lively household:thumbs up
We do need some picks of them all,ok!!