Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   The mice arrived tonight.... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66379)

Dee-O-Gee October 24th, 2009 09:41 PM

The mice arrived tonight....

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]It will be interesting to see how Mollie reacts to these little guys creeping up the stairs.....

[ATTACH]59284[/ATTACH]

Martha Stewart....it's a good thing!

[ATTACH]59285[/ATTACH][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

While Martha Stewart said to cut these out of black construction paper, I cut them out of a neoprene fabric so I can re-use them every year using two-sided tape! :thumbs up

[ATTACH]59286[/ATTACH]

TwinTails October 24th, 2009 09:55 PM

Oh Wow! I thought they were real for a second :eek: That is so cool, I will have to try something like that to decorate our apartment, hehe :cool:

growler~GateKeeper October 24th, 2009 11:48 PM

:laughing: that's hilarious! Love the ones running up/down the side walls :D

rainbow October 25th, 2009 12:42 AM

LOL .....cute but all I can say is, WOW, do you ever have a lot of patience to do all that. :D

katb October 25th, 2009 10:19 AM

That's so cute. I like mice. Glad these are not real. LOL!

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 03:48 PM

So far, Mollie hasn't paid very much attention to them--WHEW! :crazy:

It did take awhile to get them all cut out but using the neoprene foamy material, I use them every year and they'll never rip or tear! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack October 25th, 2009 06:56 PM

Those mice are [I]soo coooooolll![/I] Keep an eye on them, though--our dogs would find a way to lick them off the stairs and either gum them to death or eat them outright :rolleyes:

What do you use to keep them in place that won't mar the finish on the stairs or on the wall?

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 08:59 PM

It's been 24 hours since their arrival and not one has succumbed to Mollie's curiousity! :crazy:

I affix them with scotch brand 2-sided tape. So far the tape hasn't marred the wallpaper or peeled off any of the wood finish. :thumbs up

I just found a bat pattern on-line. I think I'll make up a couple bats too! :lightbulb:

hazelrunpack October 25th, 2009 09:10 PM

Hanging from the ceiling bats or flying? :D

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 09:22 PM

It's a cut out pattern. More so flying from the walls (with the two sided tape).

I [I]could[/I] cut and hang it from my front entrace light fixture. Only problem would be hubby knocking his head into it with every passing. :laughing: :laughing:

I guess if I do hang it from the fixture, I wouldn't (uh--hum shouldn't) attach any kind of heavy weights or fly paper to it eh? :D :D

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Humph...gotta think about this one! :clown: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

hazelrunpack October 25th, 2009 09:27 PM

I like the fly paper idea... But then, madame hazel has an :evil: streak! :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 09:33 PM

I could mask the fly paper somehow and place the bats just his height? Oh Madame Hazel....now I'm starting to feel like a little :evil: :angel:

Gonna have to think about my bats a little more closely. :cool:

hazelrunpack October 25th, 2009 09:46 PM

It'd be cool if you could tape just the bodies to the wall so the wings were free to flap in the breeze of passing ghouls...or passing humans, as the case may be. :D

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 09:53 PM

With fly paper of course for the tall ghoulish souls that get caught underneath it's wings. :D :D :evil:

hazelrunpack October 25th, 2009 09:57 PM

There is nothing more stylish at Halloween than bits of fly paper flapping from the hair of the unsuspecting. :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee October 25th, 2009 10:12 PM

Adding a couple of cob webs to the mixture--sounds like a hoot!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]klm's got some ghoolish work to do before Saturday! :evil:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

TeriM October 26th, 2009 12:38 AM

Very cute KLM :thumbs up. Do you do big outside decorations for halloween?