Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cat & Kitten Overload (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27590)

Inverness June 9th, 2006 11:01 PM

Cat & Kitten Overload

Sasha's Den Rescue & its local no-kill pound have approximately [B]100[/B] homeless cats and kittens at the moment. We find boxes full of kittens almost each day at the boarding kennel door or at the mailbox on the side of the road. If you like cats and even though you already have one or more, please, help us by adopting one. Not even an adult cat who could be a challenge to introduce to your family, just a cute and tiny little kitten who will fit in just fine. We have them in all patterns and colours.

This is never gonna end. People just don't get it - cats reproduce like crazy, and petshops sell them for 5$ to people who find it soooo cute to have a litter, just for fun. :sad:

Just a sample (I'll post more pics later):

[IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9554/img03915so.jpg[/IMG]

[[IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6489/img04119cy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4972/img04162xg.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8484/img04197ym.jpg[/IMG]

Prin June 10th, 2006 02:17 PM

So cute! If the man wasn't so allergic... I hope this kitties get great parents.:fingerscr :fingerscr

catsnatcher-CDN June 10th, 2006 02:41 PM

I wish I was heartless enough to drive to ottawa and drop off all the strays in their cat sanctuary. If the politician become overloaded with strays maybe they'll decide to pass a ****ing law!

chico2 June 10th, 2006 03:51 PM

Beautiful little babies:love:facing a very uncertain future because of morons.
I've lived a looong time,but I'll never understand people,who care nothing at all about these little lives.
If I were any of you,I would have a breakdown dealing with this all the time:evil:

BoxerRescueMTL June 10th, 2006 08:39 PM

[QUOTE]We have them in all patterns and colours. [/QUOTE]
Do you have a very orange or orange and white shorthair? ;)

Inverness June 10th, 2006 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=BoxerRescueMTL]Do you have a very orange or orange and white shorthair? ;)[/QUOTE]

Of course we do. We have all colours. Either you come and pick one up or I'll deliver ! ;)

You really want an orange one, not a cream one, right ?

BoxerRescueMTL June 10th, 2006 09:18 PM

[QUOTE]You really want an orange one, not a cream one, right ?[/QUOTE]
Ya - I know it's silly but my "best friend" gorwing up was my orange cat, Boy George :) He passed away at 23 yrs old last year. I always said my next cat will be an orange one like Boy George! Right now I have 2 6 yr old grey/brown tabbies (brother and sister). I would even like an old/older cat but I don't think my cats would accept one.

Inverness June 10th, 2006 09:40 PM

[QUOTE=BoxerRescueMTL]Ya - I know it's silly but my "best friend" gorwing up was my orange cat, Boy George :) He passed away at 23 yrs old last year. I always said my next cat will be an orange one like Boy George! Right now I have 2 6 yr old grey/brown tabbies (brother and sister). I would even like an old/older cat but I don't think my cats would accept one.[/QUOTE]

OK ! Give me a couple of days and I'll deliver a Boy George (:p ) straight to your door ! :D

One adopted ! :thumbs up

Only 99 to go... :rolleyes:

mafiaprincess June 11th, 2006 12:37 AM

Awwww. You all rock. :thumbs up

dtbmnec June 11th, 2006 12:56 AM

I wish I could help more....but well my place just can't hold 3 cats....well unless we've somehow genetically engineered mini-cats or something....:crazy:

Oh I wish I could take them all home with me! Of course if I did that, then I wouldn't have a home left....Leo and Pawz are already eating me out of house and home as it is!

Oh I hope they all find good and happy homes!

Megan

chico2 June 11th, 2006 06:49 AM

BoxerRescue,maybe 2,3... little Georges:D I'm joking of course,I know you have your hands full and your little George will be one lucky kitten:thumbs up

erykah1310 June 11th, 2006 01:30 PM

[QUOTE]Get the cat spayed? No way - they got it for free and aren't spending 100$ on something that has no value.[/QUOTE]
I hate when people say that, i hear it alot too, my friend has 3 female indoor cats, ALWAYS in heat!!!! I have a hard time going there to visit, cause it breaks my heart to see them rolling around on the floor and Meowling sooo loud in hopes to attract a mate! I have asked her a million times why she doesnt get them fixed, her reasoning is " they dont go out, so why bother and besides they were free, why pay 200 a cat to get fixed" [img]http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/24.gif[/img] I have explained the health ( and sanity ) benifits for her cats but NO still nothing!!! Now she is trying to see if she can bring one of them to a shelter!?!?!?! She pees on EVERYTHING!! Im borderline dropping this friend ship!!
Sorry slight thread jack!!!

BoxerRescueMTL June 11th, 2006 08:40 PM

[QUOTE]OK ! Give me a couple of days and I'll deliver a Boy George ( ) straight to your door ![/QUOTE]
Perfect :D Yay! That's great actually - I could use a few days to get the spare room ready (we still have boxes in there :eek: ) and it'll give me a chance to get some cat toys etc. Maybe next weekend we can come get him to save you the drive? Anyhoo -I'll call you instead of taing up space here!! Yay!

poodletalk June 12th, 2006 06:32 AM

After you adopt your cute orange kitten, if you still need more of an "orange fix" we have a cute orange chow mix looking for a home. :) (see Vicky dogs available for adoption on pets.ca) She wouldn't mind if you call her Georgie instead of Vicky.:D

BoxerRescueMTL June 13th, 2006 10:59 AM

LOL poodletalk!!! Vicky is a cutie pie though...and very orange!!! :crazy:

Inverness June 13th, 2006 01:58 PM

Oh Great ! Look what we just found this morning... :mad:

[IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1825/adoptionsss5618jp.jpg[/IMG]

meb999 June 13th, 2006 02:09 PM

aw, thta sucks! If I weren't so darn allergic, I'd take the whole litter!!
:rolleyes: oooo, and then I could not spay or neuter any of them :eek: and drop 'em all off next year!! :eek:

lewisw June 13th, 2006 02:18 PM

I was at Sasha's Den last week when I went to get Dani and I saw the kittens some smaller then the palm of my hand. I could NOT believe that people could be so cruel as to leave them out like trash in parking lots. I think the worse was a rabbit cage filled with kittens.

Who knows maybe once Dani gets settled I'll adopt a kitten as well....
Better start working the idea on the mrs :)
Lewis

catsnatcher-CDN June 13th, 2006 03:15 PM

:sad: :sad:

chico2 June 13th, 2006 03:28 PM

OMG,look at those poor little faces,just looking at them makes me cry:sad:poor babies,what did they do to deserve this...whatever happens to them,I am still glad you got them and they were not dumped in the woods to die.
I really,really hate people and I hope one day,there will be a price to pay for their cruelty,scum of the earth:mad:

Lucky Rescue June 13th, 2006 04:01 PM

I"ll send this pic to everyone I know.......maybe someone can help, although with the avalanche of kittens at this time of year, I'm not hopeful.:(

meb999 June 13th, 2006 04:13 PM

BTW Crystal...don't forget to post pics of your new Boy George! ;)

Frenchy June 14th, 2006 11:43 AM

:eek: :mad: :sad: Unbelievebal.Some people....just dumping them on someone else like this.No donation,no thanks,no nothing.:mad:

chico2 June 14th, 2006 04:00 PM

I was watching a program yesterday about the"Best Friends Sanctuary"in Utah,how about shipping all the 100+ kittens to them:confused: they get animals from all over the world.
I know that would not be possible,but it would be great if it was..
It's 7.000 acres of love for animals,any animal,a beautiful place,one day we'll go on holiday there and volonteer to work with the animals.

Inverness June 15th, 2006 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=chico2]I was watching a program yesterday about the"Best Friends Sanctuary"in Utah,how about shipping all the 100+ kittens to them:confused: they get animals from all over the world.
I know that would not be possible,but it would be great if it was..
It's 7.000 acres of love for animals,any animal,a beautiful place,one day we'll go on holiday there and volonteer to work with the animals.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that Chico. Best Friends Sanctuary is a dream place for any rescuer. I visit their website regularly and hope that one day...

Our "local pound" here is in fact a 100 acre sanctuary (and rehab center for wildlife) and the animals are happy there. But since this is not the US, we get no donations whatsoever and I am sure you can imagine what the costs of caring for all these animals are...

CyberKitten June 15th, 2006 03:17 PM

OMG!! The pict of the kittens wanted to make me cry!!! Any meezers? (I know, I am picky - I really love ALL kitties but am searching for a blue pt. :) )

chico2 June 15th, 2006 04:04 PM

Inverness,yes it seems like a dream-place,with wonderful people...I was especially touch by a braindamaged Siamese,plus the feral-kitty place,the wolves and practically everything about that place.
It was actually the first site I visited years ago when I got my PC.
For those of you who do not know this place go to [url]www.bestfriends.com[/url]
What is going to happen to those 100+kittens,I send that pathetic sad picture to all my friends,but no go:sad:

cpietra16 June 15th, 2006 08:25 PM

OMG....that picture of all those beautiful furry faces looking up....so innocent..they have no idea why this is happening to them...I hope you find a good home for them... I really think some people are just taking up too much breathing space:mad:

chico2 June 16th, 2006 06:42 AM

That picture should be on the front-page of every newspaper in Canada,advocating spay/neuter. Then again,people who care will already have done the right thing,to those who obviously don't care,that picture will not even touched them:evil:

badger June 16th, 2006 07:47 AM

Chico, it wouldn't work in Quebec, we have the hides of elephants when it comes to animal suffering.
A trolley piled high with euthanized cats might work. Hey-ho, all in a day's work...