Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Speckled cloudiness in cat's eyes... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=82195)

Neecolaah September 10th, 2012 05:56 PM

Speckled cloudiness in cat's eyes...

1 Attachment(s)
My kitty is about a year old now and we've noticed she hasn't been as active or playful lately...it seemed she couldn't see properly, so I looked at her eyes and this is what I found...(picture attached)...cloudiness with small, darker spots on the lower part of the cornea.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to clear this up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Thanks so much!
-Nicole....and Vega kitty :cat:

hazelrunpack September 10th, 2012 06:01 PM

Welcome to the board, Neecolaah! :D

I think your best bet is to have her eyes checked at the vet. It may be something like cataracts, which may or may not be treatable. The vet can tell you what it is and whether or not it will progress. Eyes are too important to try to self-diagnose or treat without vet supervision...

Neecolaah September 12th, 2012 09:29 PM

Vet Visit

So I'm posting updates in case someone else's little one has the same problem and runs across this thread.

We had blood work done at the vet and some things like feline aids virus were ruled out...but we dont know what it IS quite yet.
We're trying a round of antibiotics - "ClenDrops" (clindamycin hydrochloride liquid) - to rule out Toxoplasmosis...and some antibacterial eye drops - (gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic solution) -

Crossing my fingers that this works!!!

Barkingdog September 12th, 2012 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=Neecolaah;1046230]So I'm posting updates in case someone else's little one has the same problem and runs across this thread.

We had blood work done at the vet and some things like feline aids virus were ruled out...but we dont know what it IS quite yet.
We're trying a round of antibiotics - "ClenDrops" (clindamycin hydrochloride liquid) - to rule out Toxoplasmosis...and some antibacterial eye drops - (gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic solution) -

Crossing my fingers that this works!!![/QUOTE]

You may have to bring your cat to an Ophthalmology . I hope your cat will get better fast.

hazelrunpack September 13th, 2012 11:47 AM

I hope the meds work, Neecolaah! Did the vet think her eyesight was being impaired by whatever it is?

Neecolaah September 14th, 2012 02:39 PM

Her vision impairment was actually the first thing that tipped me off. She was slowly reaching for the table, only about 6 inches away, and just barely missing it. After I watched her do this a couple times in a row, I took her outside to get a good look at her eyes in better light...that's when I saw the foggy areas. Poor thing.

No wonder she hasn't wanted to go outside lately...even when she's in heat!

Vet appt. #2 in half an hour to check her temp and see if we continue on these meds or switch to a different treatment...
((hoping for good news))
:fingerscr

hazelrunpack September 14th, 2012 11:57 PM

Hoping for a good report! :goodvibes: