Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sophies Comming Home from Her Spay (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10210)

Shaykeija December 8th, 2004 01:43 PM

Sophies Comming Home from Her Spay

Sophie had her spay this morning. Dental, hernia and a lump removal also. Poor little pookie is going to be sore for a while. Anyway, do not make the mistake I did. I looked at a spay operation lastnight. I damned near didn't bring Sophie in today. Kept me up all night. I guess this is one of the things I shouldn't have been so nosey about. Anyway I am picking her up in 2 hours and have already made our beds up on the living room floor. :p I am so glad she made it through with no problems.

mastifflover December 8th, 2004 01:49 PM

Good new just keep her relatively quiet. She will probably sleep most of the day and night so don't get alarmed.

GsdDiamond December 8th, 2004 01:55 PM

I'm glad she's doing well.....she'll sleep better at home with you, that's for sure!

Shaykeija December 8th, 2004 04:23 PM

Yep she's sleeping and Mom is having a big much deserved drink. I was so impressed with the vet. He only charged me $289.00 including taxes for the dental, spay, hernia, lump removal, cone for the head and pain killers. Blew me right away. At the other vet, it cost me over $700 for dental(no extractions) and spay and he never offered pain relief. Like I know when I was "spayed" :p it hurt like hell so it must be the same for the pookie. Anyway Sophie and me are sleeping on the floor tonight. Right now she is passed out on a comforter with my night gown over her.

CyberKitten December 8th, 2004 04:37 PM

Awwww, Sophie will be fine! Just give her lots of TLC.

tyr December 8th, 2004 04:56 PM

Your vet is really great! Most vets are really costly like the other vet you spoke of. Yay for Sophie!!:)

I made the mistake once of watching a n/s operation as well. Like you, just before my baby Fidel went out for his operation the following morning. I was so upset - my other cat, Jesse, and I stayed up together all night! Jesse went into Fidel's cat carrier and stayed there until Fidel came back the next morning. Lying there with his Fidel scented blanky and toys. He would only come out for bathroom breaks, food and a little cuddle and then back he went. I stayed up and sat in our living room (same room as carrier).

Fidel came back and slept and lied around for the next week. He just was not as spunky at all. Compared to his usual self...

I am sure Sophie will be a very quiet girl for the next few days. She will really have you wrapped around her paw and having you serve her like a Queen :queen:

Sadie's Mom December 9th, 2004 01:04 AM

Glad it all went well for Sophie. That's a lot of work to have done in one operation, poor thing! Pamper her like crazy.

I know how you feel in regard to being so worried. I'm stressing like crazy right now because my puppy Sadie is being spayed tommorow. I guess I better quit researching and just let the vet do her job! :thumbs up

doggy lover December 9th, 2004 04:24 PM

I just had Tucker neutered 2 weeks ago, and you could never tell, the next day that he had anything done other than if you asked to see his boo the would lay down roll over and show it to you. Keep her quiet if you can Tucker wouldn't hear of it. They are so tough they bounce right back to bad men of the human species are not the same. LOL

sue fox December 10th, 2004 02:00 PM

Scottie was neutered 2 1/2 wks ago and he didn't really "bounce" back for a few days, and he vomited 2xs within the first 3hrs he was home! Of course it was probably nerves(vet assured me), from the night he stayed at vets than the ride home(40min.) He was excited to be home and thankfully we never needed the cone, as he would go to lick we just said no and he'd put his paw down. He was extremely funny for the first 5days, every time he moved he'd look down, or lift his back paw as if to say "I don't like my new body". But he's healthy and happy now and still full of mischief. But I'm sure glad it's over!
Sue

Sadie's Mom December 10th, 2004 06:48 PM

I just brought Sadie home today too! She's doing great. Her tattoo is enormous though! I think that's bothering her more than anything else. I have to follow her around and keep her from licking it. I feel so bad for my poor baby, but she seems to be doing really well. :thumbs up

Shaykeija December 10th, 2004 10:12 PM

Well Sophie is starting to come around. My vet has put her on pain meds for 10 days. Her incision is good and she doesn't lick it at all. She still sleeps a lot but thats the meds doing. Which is good because missie doesn't understand why Sophie won't play. So Missie is now talking to Piper the cat and trying to get the cat to play chase. :p Piper looks like he is saying " You wanna what?"