Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In Search of MTL Cat/Dog groomers (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23818)

catsnatcher-CDN February 10th, 2006 01:14 PM

In Search of MTL Cat/Dog groomers

1 Attachment(s)
I am looking for excellent, EXCELLENT cat and/or dog groomers.

for the cat:

I took my cat to a cat groomer to get shaved in LAVAL off St.Martin and had a bad experience. She was a holistic groomer who told me my cat was very sick because he had little red bumbs under his chin and white around his anus. She freaked me out and I told her I would take my cat to the vet asap and she got very angry with me and said this word for word:

"What for? I just told you what's wrong with it. The vet can't help you." And then pushed me to purchase her holistic food. I refused and told her I'd rather see what my vet recommends first before I change anything.
She got more angry and shoved a bunch of pamphlets in my hand and said: "That's ok. It's not your fault. You're obviously ignorant on the subject and need to make a more informed decision." She was very mad. VERY.

I took my cat to the vet and had him check out. After $40.00 and an armful of cat scratches, he got a clean bill of health.

So now he needs a new shave and a normal groomer.

For the dog:
My dog is not a big fan of strangers. He needs a dog groomer who's going to treat him like the prince he really is. His nails are super long and it takes 3 people, a muzzle, a chain and an electric filer from the hardware store for them to get trimmed at his current groomers. Although, I'm not unhappy with my current groomer, if anyone thinks someone can do a better job, I'd be interested in looking into an alternative method.

jessi76 February 10th, 2006 01:25 PM

:eek:

why is the cat getting shaved?

(i'm not even in Canada, so I don't know of any groomers where you are, I'm really just very curious about the shaving)

catsnatcher-CDN February 10th, 2006 01:30 PM

He's actually beautiful with his fur and I only just shaved him this fall for the first time. It became a necessity.

He has very long fur and it gets full of knots. I try to comb out as many as I can during as many sessions as I can but he doesn't like me touching him at all. He's an ex-feral and only loves our doberman Max (even though Max originally objected to his rescue!)

Also, he was throwing up a hairball once a week.

Since the shave, no hairball, no knots.

poodletalk February 10th, 2006 01:31 PM

SusieQT and Boubou who uses PETS.CA are excellent groomers. They also groom animals from the SPCA Monteregie, they are very patient and work miracles on dogs who wait being groomed and having their nails clipped. One chubby cockerspainel named Mozart from the SPCA Monteregie always comes to mind when I think of their grooming salon.
I will PM you their information.

jessi76 February 10th, 2006 01:34 PM

well that makes sense... the pic just shocked me a little (cute fella, even w/ the shave!).

althe October 12th, 2012 02:00 PM

looking for experienced *gentle* dog groomer

Hi fellow animal lovers,

I'm reviving this thread because I need a gentle groomer for my dog, anywhere around Montreal.

Belle went through a lot of "manhandling" every single month from Jan 2011 until June 2012 in order to cure all the ailments she had. She's a rescue who's not all that fond of humans nor or being touched, but she does respond positively to people who are very gentle and calm toward her. She's just so matted these days and at the moment I need backup to help me with the brushing especially.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks all,
althe