Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Lovely cat needs a home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13150)

badger March 16th, 2005 08:58 AM

Lovely cat needs a home

1 Attachment(s)
I am a quiet, well-behaved fellow with a wonderful thick black coat and white boots. Someone somewhere loved me once because I am neutered and my front paws are declawed, which makes me a very poor candidate for living outside. I love laps, cuddles and games, but generally wait until they are offered. Another cat would be fine, as long as s/he is gentle, because I don't like to fight. In fact, I am a little depressed about my situation; I don't understand how I got here or why my former owner hasn't found me. What I really need is a new start.

chico2 March 16th, 2005 10:02 AM

Awww Badger,our kitty-angel! He's so pretty,lucky he found someone who cares :love:
I would think an already declawed( :mad: )cat would be easier to find a home for.....

Britishvixen21 March 16th, 2005 10:22 AM

Aww what a little cutie pie, how old is he badger?

Lucky Rescue March 16th, 2005 11:43 AM

I'll take him off my "Found" list and put him for adoption.

badger March 16th, 2005 12:21 PM

Thanks Lucky, I was going to contact you. Vixen, all the vet said was 'adult', but I don't think he's that old, maybe two. My amateur speculation is that he lived very quietly with one person and didn't get much attention; he's so retiring that I sometimes forget he's there. Of course his little personality might blossom into something completely different in another environment. I'm astounded nobody's out beating the bushes for this guy. He definitely misses them.

Lucky Rescue March 16th, 2005 12:50 PM

Well, we had excellent luck with your last three, so maybe the luck will hold!

I named him "Beau" for my site - good for both languages!

Have you ever thought of getting your own Petfinder site?:p

Britishvixen21 March 16th, 2005 01:50 PM

He looks like a real gentlemen, what a shame that nobody claimed him. Id love to have him but I want Mya a little better before we think about a freind for her.

badger April 1st, 2005 01:19 AM

UPDATE:
Beau - renamed Mr. Bojangles - found a wonderful home last week, with a family in St. Lazare. His picture alone, on an empty cage in the Lucky Rescue exhibit at the Hudson Fair - unfortunately, we had to leave early - together with the amazing salesmanship of Debbie Raymond, was enough to seal the deal.

I wondered how this retiring fellow would react to such a busy environment. Today I heard that he is thriving, enjoying the loving attention of two little girls and two big dogs. He is slowly getting to know the resident cat. Happily, it is a big house, where there is also room for reflection.

Thank you Lucky Rescue, once again, for all your help. Small but mighty!

mesaana April 1st, 2005 07:32 AM

That's really great!!! Good job LR and Badger!

Lyne

chico2 April 1st, 2005 08:33 AM

Badger,great news :thumbs up for Beau and for you,now you have room for another :p Any more knocking on your door??
It must be a fantastic feeling knowing you made yet another kitty happy :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue April 1st, 2005 10:44 AM

Thanks Badger! I'm thinking of a new career in sales.;)

Hope Mr.Bojangles lives happily ever after. He is a VERY sweet boy!!