Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Favourite Breed (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8)

Arlene March 12th, 2001 04:38 PM

My Favourite breed of dog are Labrador Retrievers.

Arlene

Jennifer June 17th, 2001 09:18 PM

Bull dogs are my favorite

I prefer Bull dogs.

Scout June 18th, 2001 12:03 PM

I'll second labs. Best dogs in the world.:D

Dane_Lover June 27th, 2001 03:16 PM

Favorite Breed

I LOVE Great Danes! :D ~"The Apollo of Dogs"~

ice August 24th, 2003 05:10 PM

My favorite breed would have to be the Rottweilder, i'm owned by one, named Jazz

Carina August 29th, 2003 12:09 AM

There's no such thing as a bad dog... :)
But I've been owned by Rottweilers for 18 years and just love them.

Xenon September 27th, 2003 09:24 AM

Another English Bulldog lover here.

I have a 4 year old red named Licorice with a white ring around her neck, and white paws.

I don't really like the American Bulldogs though...

RuffNTumble December 23rd, 2003 03:06 PM

Favourite breed

I must admit I am torn. My boyfriend's family was lucky to get a 1 1/2 year-old english bulldog for free last year, and that made me into a dog person. She is friendly, yet pushy, but you can tell looking at her that she's all love!
But now, I have my very own rescued mantle Great Dane named Laurel, and I have to say she is the nicest dog I have ever met. Just goofy enough to make me laugh, but I have never felt safer walking down the street with her!

I recommend both breeds wholeheartedly, if you can take their greatly reduced life expectancies.

mona_b December 23rd, 2003 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I must say my favorite is the GSD.I grew up with them.And my 2 current babies are Yukon and Tron.But my second choice is the Great Dane.My aunt bred them when I was younger.And my best friend has one.This is her baby Jazz and her sisters Beagle,peanut.My babies are posted in pictures.:D

RuffNTumble December 24th, 2003 09:29 AM

What a gorgeous Great Dane, and Beagle is to DIE for!!! I have never seen that colouring before. Then again, I am not that familiar with their accepted colours. I don't understand why some are and aren't. And I also don't know the difference between mantle and merle. oh well, gorgeous pets you and your friend have!!!

Carina December 24th, 2003 09:50 AM

Beautiful Dane!
RuffNTumble, a good friend has a rescue (black) Dane. She really wants a mantle; I understand this colour was only recently allowed as acceptable for showing.
Robbie's Dane is one of my Rottie Cooper's best buds. Makes him look positively small, no mean feat for a Rottweiler.

A friend has some photos of Dana (the Dane, of course) dressed as a ballerina for Halloween. Cooper is dressed as a fairy Rottweiler. They looked just fabulous. I'm going to get my friend Sandi to join up here so she can post photos for me!

mona_b December 24th, 2003 10:38 AM

Thank you guys.I have never heard of mantle.What is the colouring?Colours for the Dane have changed.The usual colours are fawn,black,blue,brindle and harliquin and boston.Jazz is a big lovable baby.He just loves my guys.Peanut is such a sweetie.It's funny when we have all the dogs together and go for walks.Peanut is an ant compared to Jazz and my guys.LOL.

wAggie December 27th, 2003 06:47 PM

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwesome pic, mona!!

my biased fave is the pointer and its mixes... :D

RuffNTumble December 29th, 2003 10:40 AM

Carina, I just found this out as well. Most books I read say it is not acceptable, but I suppose they could be dated. It's funny, most of the dogs I have seen that are up for adoption were mantles, or at least described as such. I can't wait to post pictures of her on here, but they are just getting developped!

1john44 February 9th, 2004 04:36 PM

I will third the lab. I have a mixed Keashound that is the world to me also, but if I was to look for a dog, it would be a lab.

Luba February 9th, 2004 04:52 PM

I have no favourite...it's all about the dog and it's personality!

Whoever's with me is my favourite :D

1john44 February 9th, 2004 05:14 PM

Well, you ahve a point. I wasn't looking for my rascal when we went to the pound, but he was looking for us! Couldn't leave without him. It was torture waiting for him to be released from the vet after being fixed!

LavenderRott February 9th, 2004 05:30 PM

Can't believe I missed this one!

I have had many different breeds of dogs over the years, but I must say, rottweilers are my favorite.

Dee_petlover February 9th, 2004 11:39 PM

my favourite breed

I can narrow it down to a group.

the group is hounds-the bigger and sloppier the better! I have a Bluetick coonhound and a beagle.

I would love someday to have a bloodhound.

Love the goofy personalities and they are always so loving.

Lucky Rescue February 10th, 2004 12:23 AM

Pit bulls!:D Sweet, loving, smart goofballs who make you laugh every single day!
[IMG]http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/1960669/37962989.jpg[/IMG]

Actually, Dobies are my fave breed...but oh well!

LavenderRott February 10th, 2004 12:42 AM

While I will probably never own another beagle, who can resist this?

[IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pfd31f9f06b3f5f0ee05ce82fc54193f6/fa7f23a0.jpg[/IMG]

But here is my heart-dog, no doubt about it.

[IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p56a60141fefe341f5db2aba2624fdcc8/fa894f50.jpg[/IMG]

1john44 February 10th, 2004 07:39 AM

I grew up with Dob's! They are wonderful dogs. I have never known a mean one, unless of course you went petting their belly fast enough!:D

One of the ladies I work with has a bassett hound, and she swears she will always have one. HER name is Fred, and she is spoiled spoiled spoiled rotten. We had a beagle, and I just loved to pet those big soft ears!

Carina February 10th, 2004 08:00 AM

Sandi I love that Chase pic! I've never seen that one of Missy, very cute. :)

chico2 February 10th, 2004 08:59 AM

My favourite dog,has four legs,a tail,a big wet nose to kiss and a big "sucky heart"and loves the company of cats and it does not matter if he is a Great Dane/Chihuahua mix.
I do find Dobermans extreemly beautiful though! :p

amaruq February 10th, 2004 09:14 AM

I have Dals right now....not because I find them gorgeous but because they needed me.

But if I had my choice I would love a purebred German shepard with the gold face and black mask.

Or an Afgan but I hear they are crazy dogs. I would really like a dog that doesn't come with baggage.....but knowing me I will rescue another.....which some how is the best dog?

chico2 February 10th, 2004 10:26 AM

I agree Amaruq,a German Shepard is a wonderful dog.

1john44 February 10th, 2004 11:13 AM

I love that pic of the beagle with the hat!!!!!!too cute. My son had a beagle that looked just like the one with the great dane. he named him Twix, get it, the black (chocolate) the brown (carmel) and the white (the cookie crunch!)

mona_b February 10th, 2004 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My babies:D

1john44 February 10th, 2004 12:31 PM

Is the one dog really that much bigger then the other, or is he standing on something?????????????

mona_b February 10th, 2004 01:38 PM

Yukon is laying down.Tron is about 3' in front.
:)