Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   dog friendly rentals (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12201)

whoops73 February 15th, 2005 03:16 PM

dog friendly rentals

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Fixedsys]Hello to all those reading this introduction. I am a 31 year old student at the craft college in downtown Fredericton. I am only part time right now giving myself a chance to get used to the school and Fredericton before I bring my dog back here so we can live together again. I am Canadian born, but have spent the past 15 years in the Milwaukee area.I am going to be visiting my family back in Milwaukee area in May and hope to come back to move into a dog friendly apartment/ home, so I can be with my best friend, my dog, Ruby. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh ya my name is Chris and I am open to suggestions. ;) Cheers[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

honeybee4 February 15th, 2005 03:35 PM

Welcome to the board. :) What type of information are looking for help on?

Trinitie February 15th, 2005 04:02 PM

Welcome to the boards!
Pet-Friendly Housing List for [URL=http://www.wihumane.org/findout/housing.html]Milaukee[/URL] area.
As far as homes go, you may have to ask individual landlords about that. If they say that your dog is allowed, get it in writing. That way it doesn't come back to bite you in the behind later.

I hope this helps!

NEVER MIND....
I just re-read your post. You're looking for apartments in Fredericton, not Milaukee.

I've been looking - but listings on the net are few and far between. Your best bet is to contact individual rental companies and ask them directly.

honeybee4 February 15th, 2005 04:05 PM

Sorry I didn't realize that you were looking for a pet friendly apartment, should have read the title of your post again. :)

I live in fredericton, orginally from Saint john. when I moved here 3 years ago. I could not find an apartment that would allow me to have dogs. I lived in three different apartments in two years hopeing to find one that would allow me to have a dog. None would change their rules. Anyway I had to buy a house in order to get my dog to come to fredericton with me. I hope the rules of the apartment owners have changed, but I doubt it. Some may allow you to have small quiet ones. Good luck

ShihTzuMommy41 February 19th, 2005 10:21 AM

AKC question

Hello everyone,

I have a question for all my pet loving friends.
I introduced myself about a week ago. I had just gotten my Shih Tzu pup we call him Baby . Boy has he grown this week and he eats very well.I still havent figured out how to make my photos of him appear here...But he is the cutest pup i ever seen.
We're doing great process with potty training him too. Gee, he is so smart!.
Anyhow, his Breeder gave him to me at barely 6 weeks of age. Told me not to say anything to nobody and she was gonna send me the AKC paper work to my house when she's got it.( He's got his 1st set of shots from us,was dewormed by her) Now the paperwork came,she called and said not to mail them of until the end of the month and she marked the Limited box on the competition/breeder info (wich i only noticed while looking over it,she didnt say anything). I'm kinda confused now. I didnt plan on breeding the pup but we looked forward to 1 Litter with one of my friends AKC dog also a Shih Tzu. We'd keep one of them and the other babies were gonna go to my Daughter and 2 other good friends i.e. Mother-in-Law ,if a litter is that many. ( I don't understand that she can decide what we can do with the puppy and not tell us about it when looking at her puppies when making the deposit.)
Then it would be time to go to the "clipping" center here at my wonderful local vet who neutered my other dog already.By the way, is there a best vet bulletin board?. Mine should be on there as outstanding and truely caring.
Can someone shed light on this situration ?
Of now to feeding and brushing and a walk.
Thank you
Shih Tzu mommy :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue February 19th, 2005 10:45 AM

Any breeder who sells 6 week old puppies is not ethical.

AKC/CKC registration means nothing and your puppy is no doubt NOT breeding quality. If you don't show your dog to a championship, don't breed.

If you are on a non-breeding contract, and breed the dog anyway without showing him, then you are not only a backyard breeder, but are breaking the contract and can be sued.

If you want to ask more questions or discuss this further, please start a new thread.