Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   My Maxie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24902)

Mishkamax March 17th, 2006 01:15 PM

My Maxie

1 Attachment(s)
This is to my beloved Maxie, I am truely heartbroken, you were my best friend, you guarded and protected Liam and myself at all times. You gave but never took anything in return, expect cuddles and the occasional bit of chocolate. You were there for me in times of trouble and sadness, dropping that big head of yours on my lap and looking at me with those big chocolate eyes, just saying that you understood, and that you were there for me. You missed me when I was gone from you, you were always the last to see me leave and the first to see me return. We spent so many hours enjoying walks in the woods and down at the beach, you used to run like the wind, so elegant, so beautiful ...... I miss you so. You got old and started to get sick, I would have parted with the whole world, just to keep you by my side. I had to let you go, it took me a long time, and you just kept on getting sicker, I just had to let you go. I will never, never forget you, I hope doggie heaven will merge with mine one day, so we can be together at last and forever. Your ashes will be sprinkled on St. Cyrus beach, where you were at your most beautiful, you were my 'big boy' and you always will be, your not here now to lick away my tears, I wish to God you were. Bye Bye Maxie.

[I]Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight Sweet Prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.[/I]

BullLover March 17th, 2006 03:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Max was a beautiful boy. Brought tears to my eyes. He'll be waiting to meet with you again one day.

Mishkamax March 17th, 2006 03:52 PM

Thank you so much.

chico2 March 17th, 2006 04:33 PM

Mishkamax,so sorry:sad: You wrote your post beautifully,tears are flowing freely..Maxie must have had a wonderful life:love:the loss is great,as most of us know,but Maxie is greatful that your love for him,allowed him to leave,when he needed to...:love:

Mishkamax March 17th, 2006 06:40 PM

Thank you so much, the pain is unbearable, the responsibility was too great, but I know that it was the only way. I know my big boy is thundering along his beach now, pretending to chase the rabbits. He was a great stud dog, and I know that there are a few little 'Maxies' all around the world, if they have the same temperament as his, their owners will be very fortunate people. My one regret is that we didn't keep one of his pups.

Everytime I close my eyes I see him, and that's the hardest part.

Once again thank you so much for being so very kind.

Mishkamax March 29th, 2006 10:02 AM

Max's Last Walk

Yesterday, Liam and I took our last walk with Max. We went to St. Cyrus beach and spend the day reminiscing about our times on the beach. We got Max just six months before Liam was born, so Max had always been in his life. We sprinkled his ashes on the cliff walk, and they just flew with the wind, very much like my Max, shed some tears and said a final goodbye.

Thank you everyone for the support on this site, you all made me feel that I wasn't being silly too grieve so much for my Max.

[I]Goodnight Sweet Prince.......[/I]

chico2 March 29th, 2006 05:36 PM

Mishkamax,a wonderful farewell to a wonderful dog:love:
I had a dog named Mishka once(20yrs ago),a wonderful collie-mix,she too is now at the rainbow bridge:love:

Mishkamax March 30th, 2006 11:53 AM

Our other Rhodesian Ridgeback is called Mishka, she's a terror, but in the nicest way. She is about five years old now, but still like a puppy, I don't think that Ridgeback's grow up.... ever. I'm sure that she misses Max, she's taken to hiding food around the house, that would never happen when Max was around, she'd have been to scared to leave anything.

So Boris (Persian Tabby, 15 years) and Max both passed away within one month of each other, its been a trying time for me, both I know that they are both at the bridge now, and happy.

Thank you so much for all the kind words.

Best Regards, Ramona