Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Boomer, Collie/GR dumped at 10 yrs. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10927)

Lucky Rescue January 7th, 2005 02:11 PM

Boomer, Collie/GR dumped at 10 yrs.

1 Attachment(s)
""My name is Boomer and I am 10. I am a Golden/Collie. I have been tied outside in front of the SPCA des Laurentides with a note that I needed help. I am very sweet, quiet, and very thin but healthy. Right now I am confused and nervous. I love going for walks, car rides, enjoy the outdoors and rolling in the snow. I don't mind other dogs and cats. I am completely housebroken and can stay alone in the house. Please tell me that you are that home where I can finish my days feeling safe and loved and can get enough to eat. I'm not young but I have so much love left to give. PLEASE, can you help me?" To adopt Boomer, please call Danielle 819-327-5093" or email [email]danielle-hallee@cspi.qc.ca[/email]

Goldenmom January 7th, 2005 02:47 PM

OMG, he is just Beautiful!!! Poor, poor guy. I don't understand people.

Heather

mastifflover January 7th, 2005 02:50 PM

Humans never cease to amaze me at there lack of compassion and cruelty they can exhibit. Poor dog has probably been with them since he was a pup and now that he needs help he is considered disposable

Sneaky2006 January 7th, 2005 03:57 PM

I don't even know why I clicked :(

whinnie-boo January 7th, 2005 04:06 PM

Nor do I sneaky, people make me sick :evil:

chico2 January 7th, 2005 04:21 PM

Nor do I,since I cannot help :sad: he is a beauty though,hopefully someone will see what we see...Heartless,ignorant,cruel jerks,there is just too many of them around :evil:
Good Luck in finding a caring home Boomer,sweetheart!

schnauzerlove January 7th, 2005 07:28 PM

Lucky,

I'm not really familiar with Quebec. Is Boomer in Montreal?

mesaana January 7th, 2005 08:01 PM

MomtoJimShelby,

actually, he's being fostered by Danielle, a little north of Montreal.

Lyne

maddoxies January 8th, 2005 09:26 PM

My heart goes out to Boomer too, but at least they put a note on him with his name and age and a plea for help. So many are found tied up outside the SPCA with no name or background. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they could not look after him any more and were embarassed that they could not afford to feed him, etc. I know his foster mom, and Boomer could not be in better hands. We will find this boy a great forever home. Danielle saw him at the SPCA and could not leave him there, at least he is in a loving home environment, while he looks for his forever home. He is posted on petfinder.

chico2 January 9th, 2005 10:16 AM

Goldengirl,I am happy to hear he's not in a cubicle at SPCA,thanks to Danielle,lot's of hugs for Danielle :grouphug:
Like you say,we don't know what made the owners make this sad desicion,but Boomer is safe and warm in a loving home,that's what is important for now.

coppperbelle January 10th, 2005 11:54 AM

Boomer

He is a beauty and is probably very confused. :( I have to think that maybe his previous owner could not keep him for good reasons. Perhaps his owner was in a relationship where the other partner insisted that he goes immediately or there were serious financial problems. It may just be a cowards way out. Whatever the reason he is in good hands now. :angel:

Coppperbelle

maddoxies January 11th, 2005 09:58 AM

Boomer

I talked to his foster mom, Danielle, last night. He was out with them for 2 hours in the woods and kept up with them no problem, so this boy is in basic good health. (and did not wander off or try to run away) She has had an inquiry from someone in Ontario about adopting this boy, so keep your paws crossed and pass the word around, there is a boy full of love looking for a human receipent.

Lucky Rescue January 11th, 2005 11:19 AM

I think I *may* have found Boomer a home in Ottawa!!

Fingers crossed everyone please!!!

sammiec January 11th, 2005 11:20 AM

Oh Lucky! (I originally typed that as Licky :p ) I will pray for Boomer!!! I hope he's got a new forever home!!!!

mastifflover January 11th, 2005 11:23 AM

Well I hope this works out for Boomer great work Lucky

Lucky Rescue January 11th, 2005 11:37 AM

[QUOTE](I originally typed that as Licky [/QUOTE]

YOu must be thinking of my cat Stinkerbelle, who licks me til I"m raw. :eek:

I just found out this dog is deaf, and has a problem resulting from that.

I will start a new thread asking for advice in the health forum!!

sammiec January 11th, 2005 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]YOu must be thinking of my cat Stinkerbelle, who licks me til I"m raw. :eek: [/QUOTE]

That stinkerbelle! I tell you.. .nothing but problems LOL!!! Does she have red eyes??

mesaana January 15th, 2005 01:26 PM

Boomer has been adopted!

Hello everyone!

I just received a phone call from Danielle and Boomer has been adopted! Yay! He just left with his new family :-)

For everyone who listed him, please remove him from your websites (Lucky, Little Angels, maybe others?)

Have a wonderful week-end!

Lyne

chico2 January 15th, 2005 03:41 PM

That is wonderful news,thank's...good luck,sweet Boomer :love: