Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Mr. Brown, aka "Mr. Purrsonality"!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4143)

Lucky Rescue April 30th, 2004 10:47 AM

Mr. Brown, aka "Mr. Purrsonality"!!

[IMG]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/QC12/QC12.2733249-1-x.jpg[/IMG]

" I am an in-your-face love sponge! I am a HUGE and beautiful 2 years old, sweet and loveable boy...in fact, my name should be MR. PERSONALITY!!! . I wasn't feeling good and my owner brought me to the vets where they found crystals in my urine and needed to get rid of them. This is done by using a special food diet. But my owner didn't want to do this so he was going to have me killed! The vet instead decided to treat me and I am now healthy. I am now looking for a good home where I will be taken care of. I sure have lots of love to give. I am bomb-proof and oh so sociable. I just know you would love me."

If you would like to add Mr.Brown to your household, please email [EMAIL=luckyrescue@hotmail.com]Debbie[/EMAIL]

mona_b April 30th, 2004 10:56 AM

OMG..What a handsome boy he is...

The owner should be put down.... :mad:

People like that really tick me off.Why is it people think when they get a pet,that it never occurs that the pet will get sick.GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

Luba April 30th, 2004 12:06 PM

He's better off w/o them, good for you big boy you're gonna get a really great home, you're sooo handsome!!

Lucky Rescue April 30th, 2004 12:57 PM

Amazing, isn't it? Especially since all he needs is prescription food, but even that was too much for these creeps!

Mr. Brown is one of the most adorable cats I've ever met. I just LOVE the big boys! If I had no cats, this is one I'd be bringing home myself.:) He's also beautiful - a mackerel tabby.

I feel so bad for this guy - he's been sitting in a cage at the vet for nearly 2 months now.

chico2 April 30th, 2004 04:36 PM

Oh Lucky,he looks like my Rocky..beautiful,I soooo wish I could take him :(

Lucky Rescue April 30th, 2004 10:07 PM

I wish you could too, Anita!:( I would have no hesitation giving him to you!

Luba May 1st, 2004 10:09 AM

Just looking at his picture makes me smile, he must have a beautiful personality :D

chico2 May 1st, 2004 03:53 PM

Thank's Lucky,I take that as a compliment :D
It just breaks my heart to think people do not love these wonderful little creatures,how can they just dump a cat,leave him to whatever awaits him in the future,or worse yet,request to have him killed :mad:
There must be something missing in these people,a big empty spot where their heart is supposed to be :(
Your vet must be a wonderful person and I soooo hope MR Brown finds someone who deserves him..because we are the lucky ones,blessed with the love and devotion of our four-legged friends.

Blackcat2001 May 6th, 2004 11:52 AM

Mr. Brown

That's just too much!
A couple extra bucks to help their
beloved Kitty & instead they were
willing to have him put down
NASTY NASTY people.
A few months ago I had to euthonize
my beautiful , sweet 19 yr old ( rescue )
Kitty named Shadow It killed me :(
My vet even kept telling me Deb
you can spend more money but it
will only delay things by a 1 or 2 weeks
& you will make her suffer by doing this .
It still to this day bothers me to no end.
So when I hear about NASTY people
that have a chance to rescue their cat
But decide not to ( Ticks me right off ) :mad:
By the way NASTY was not the word
I wanted to say !
Good Luck Mr. Brown

Princesss04 May 13th, 2004 09:47 AM

Have you found Mr. Brown a home yet. If not where are you located? :o

Lucky Rescue May 13th, 2004 10:03 PM

We have someone interested in him, who was going to see him tonight. I hope to find out tomorrow if he was adopted or not.

He is located in Dorion.:)

Princesss04 May 14th, 2004 10:03 AM

If not let me know! :D

Lucky Rescue May 14th, 2004 11:03 AM

The lady who went to see him has not called us yet.

Are you interested in him? Where do you live?

Lucky Rescue May 14th, 2004 06:42 PM

Mr.Brown has left the building and has a new home!!:)

[I]Does happy Snoopy dance!!![/I]

Luba May 15th, 2004 08:39 AM

Wooo hooey!

He looks like a famous face! I am happy for him :D

Princesss04 May 17th, 2004 10:31 AM

I am glad that he found a good home he deserves one. I was looking at getting him for a freind of mine. She is looking for a good cat. That was the reason that I was asking. Thank you and thanks for finding him a good home! :D

Lucky Rescue May 17th, 2004 11:05 AM

Princess, where are you and your friend? We have other wonderful cats looking for homes!
This is "Mouse". Someone left him on the TransCanada highway. He is under a year old, and very friendly and sweet.
[IMG]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/QC12/QC12.2737923-1-x.jpg[/IMG]

Princesss04 May 17th, 2004 01:08 PM

We are down here in Indiana if you have a name of a good shelter you could give me I will let her know. She has two children so she is going to need a cat that is children friendly. Your help is greatly appreciated! :D

Luba May 17th, 2004 01:49 PM

[url]http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=4[/url]

Lucky Rescue May 17th, 2004 02:10 PM

I'm in Quebec, so IN is a little far for us! ;)

A quick look at Petfinder shows 502 cats looking for homes in Indiana, so your friend should have no trouble finding the right one.

Here is just one example of one that would be suitable:

[URL=http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1877673&adTarget=468catgeneral&SessionID=40a90eaf50a1d674-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=]Georgie[/URL]

Princesss04 May 17th, 2004 03:52 PM

Thank you for the website I called her and she is looking on there she is so excited about getting a cat. I am so happy for her I feel sorry for all these animals that never get a chance to have a good home. Thanks for the help I will let you know what she finds! :D

chico2 May 17th, 2004 04:32 PM

Princess04,I apologize for being a bit confused about you asking for all these animals,but you did not mention they were for someone else :D
Lucky,Mouse is gorgeous and I am sooo happy for MR.Brown,keeping my fingers crossed that his new home will work out.
I forget names lately(the past 30yrs :D )but do you know how the Pretty black longhaired cat is doing,the one that was in such bad shape,with a cone around his neck?

Lucky Rescue May 17th, 2004 08:23 PM

Oh, you mean Comet, Luba? He is doing just wonderfully! His owner emails me regularly and I've been nagging her for pic.

He is getting quite cocky and bullying her dog, so she's worried and needed advice. Says that Comet is attacking her dog. I told her if he was seriously attacking her, he could rip her to shreds in seconds, so it sounds like he is just chasing the dog because he knows he CAN, and is probably still operating on "Survival of the Fittest" mode!

Luba May 17th, 2004 08:36 PM

:confused: huh?

Lucky Rescue May 17th, 2004 09:05 PM

Ooops, sorry Luba, meant to reply to Anita. :rolleyes:

I'm in the process of painting my whole house, and guess the fumes got to me!

chico2 May 18th, 2004 06:48 AM

Lucky,your news about Comet got me a little worried,but I am hoping after what she went through in the beginning with Comet,she will not dump him because he jumps the dog.Like you said,depending on the size of the dog,if Comet would really"attack"the dog would be damaged,I know from personal experience :D :D

Luba May 18th, 2004 08:23 AM

Oh that explains it LR...oil based? lmao

Comet ...well the name sure suits him huh! Maybe he's trying to go into orbit around her dog?

Lucky Rescue May 18th, 2004 09:02 AM

Anita, I really don't think this woman is the type to dump any pets, although there are no guarantees. I certainly hope not, because this is a cat with few options. But she is patient and kind (obviously) and I'm not too worried.
Her dog is very sweet and gentle and I don't blame her for being upset at seeing the dog chased and frightened. I suggested she try "Rescue Remedy" for the cat to see if it mellows him out a bit.

Luba, his name is now Thomas! :D

Luba May 18th, 2004 09:18 AM

As in Thomas the tanker engine ;)

Princesss04 May 19th, 2004 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]Princess, where are you and your friend? We have other wonderful cats looking for homes!
This is "Mouse". Someone left him on the TransCanada highway. He is under a year old, and very friendly and sweet.
[IMG]http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/QC12/QC12.2737923-1-x.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I just wanted to let you know that my friend found her a cat and is so exicited about it. I am going over tonight to see it after work. Thank you for all your help! :D