Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   September 2010 photo challenge - DOs and DON'Ts (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72320)

breeze September 1st, 2010 09:16 AM

September 2010 photo challenge - DOs and DON'Ts

2 Attachment(s)
Hi members!

Anyone have any ideas for September's challenge?

We've done a similar theme in the past.....buuuuuut what about "dress up" as in dress up your pet. Just a thought.

Thx!

marko

How about making it a fun/difficult challenge...taking pics of pets while attempting to brush their teeth . It was Breeze and Hazel's idea....they're so original .

[QUOTE=luckypenny;948665] It was Breeze and Hazel's idea....they're so original .[/QUOTE]

:laughing: how did asking about toothpaste turn into an idea for the Sept challenge on brushing teeth?? :laughing::laughing:
your to funny [B][I]LP[/I][/B]

Nix the brushing idea--I tol' ya, LP, I tried it and it's really hard to get all that spittle off the lens!

how about

"HOW TO"/ "HOW NOT TO"

Sort of like DOs and DON'Ts? Hmmmm...that has possibilities...

Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... :o (:laughing: Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. Hmmmm...

Zig's not feelin' well these days so toothbrushing is out for me...

But

[QUOTE]
"HOW TO"/ "HOW NOT TO" [/QUOTE]
Great idea Breeze!

Please keep the ideas coming or support one of the ideas already posted. The theme with the most support in the next 24 hours becomes the theme of the month.

Thx! - Marko

[QUOTE=marko;948747]Zig's not feelin' well these days [/QUOTE]

what's wrong with Zig??:(:goodvibes:

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;948746]Sort of like DOs and DON'Ts? Hmmmm...that has possibilities...

Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... :o (:laughing: Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. :D Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

I like this, there is so many possibilities for doggie and kitty cats and others.

I vote for "DO's & DON'T's" :thumbs up:thumbs up [SIZE="1"]unless we already did this??[/SIZE]

I've seen alot of scratching lately with the summer heat. With mosquitos biting people and fleas annoying pets, what about some scratching shots with funny facial expressions? :shrug:

The do's and don'ts sounds like fun.

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;948746]Sort of like DOs and DON'Ts? Hmmmm...that has possibilities...

Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... :o (:laughing: Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

This also could be something like "Appearance vs. Reality." :shrug: My daughter did a project once in school on this subject. Here's an example of what she submitted but I'm sure it would be cool to doctor up some pet photos too. :shrug:

Appearance;
[ATTACH]68851[/ATTACH]

Reality;
[ATTACH]68852[/ATTACH]

marko September 2nd, 2010 09:22 AM

Ok everyone suggestion posts have been merged and the theme with the most support seems to be DO's and or Dont's. This is a wide open category so hope to get lotsa pix this month.

HRP explains what we are after very well.

Sort of like DOs and DON'Ts? Hmmmm...that has possibilities...

[QUOTE]Could apply to almost anything--dressing fashionably vs fashion faux pas; good manners vs. bad manners; cleanliness vs dogliness...urm, I mean dirtiness... ( Okay, I'll admit it...the Pack has been digging in the mire a lot lately...); good first impressions vs. bad attitudes. [/QUOTE]

Ok then who will post first :) ?

shirley1011 September 2nd, 2010 06:07 PM

Do's & Don'ts

2 Attachment(s)
Do treat your dog[ATTACH]68872[/ATTACH]

Don't treat if you don't have enough for everyone![ATTACH]68873[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack September 3rd, 2010 03:25 PM

:laughing: Shirley!!! :laughing:

Rgeurts September 5th, 2010 11:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, hopefully I got this one right! :D

DO teach your kids cute tricks, like "high five" and bring their bowl to you!
[ATTACH]68926[/ATTACH]

Rgeurts September 5th, 2010 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[U]DON'T[/U] forget to teach them which bowl they should carry!!!
And please excuse the messy floor! With all the rain and hairy kids, it's hard to keep up with it :o

Rgeurts September 5th, 2010 11:42 PM

Nookie monster just hasn't figured out which bowl he should carry, and which bowl he shouldn't. He actually learned from Thorin, not us! :laughing:

I get frustrated, but I just can't get mad at him, he's so darn cute :lovestruck::laughing:

hazelrunpack September 6th, 2010 03:22 PM

:laughing: Nookie!!! What you doin', pupster!?! :laughing: Water...food...6 of one, half dozen of another! LOL

I can see why you can't stay mad! [size=1]And I always look at spilled water as an opportunity to mop up some of the grime I've been ignoring... :o[/size]

Rgeurts September 6th, 2010 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;949861]:laughing: Nookie!!! What you doin', pupster!?! :laughing: Water...food...6 of one, half dozen of another! LOL

I can see why you can't stay mad! [size=1]And I always look at spilled water as an opportunity to mop up some of the grime I've been ignoring... :o[/size][/QUOTE]

[B][I]LoL yes... and it happens at least twice a day!! I always wanted dark hardwood. HUGE mistake!! It shows every little pupper print and hair. I vacuum twice a day, but I only mop it at night. An hour after I mop, if it's during the day, it looks like I haven't done anything :o:yell:[/I][/B]

Rgeurts September 6th, 2010 03:47 PM

Shirley, those piccies are just TOO adorable!! You sure have beautiful babies :cloud9::lovestruck:

I had an Elkie many years ago, but someone poisoned him :cry:

They are such wonderfully loyal dogs :)

hazelrunpack September 6th, 2010 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;949870][B][I]LoL yes... and it happens at least twice a day!! I always wanted dark hardwood. HUGE mistake!! It shows every little pupper print and hair. I vacuum twice a day, but I only mop it at night. An hour after I mop, if it's during the day, it looks like I haven't done anything :o:yell:[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

You can imagine how mine looks--8 dogs, I vacuum once a day and avoid mopping whenever I can! :laughing: The dogs are good about getting their feet hosed off out on the deck before coming in, though, which helps. :o

That's terrible about your elkhound :cry: :grouphug:

Rgeurts September 11th, 2010 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;949879]You can imagine how mine looks--8 dogs, I vacuum once a day and avoid mopping whenever I can! :laughing: The dogs are good about getting their feet hosed off out on the deck before coming in, though, which helps. :o

[/QUOTE]

OMGoodness... I don't even want to think about cleaning up after that many :eek::eek:

The 2 I have are hard enough to keep up with :laughing:

Our deck is off the main floor (we have a walkout basement) so it's WAY off the ground and no stairs, more like a balcony. When they come in from the backyard it's just grass and clay mud, so its muddy lil pawprints!! We have a towel that we wipe them down with, but doesn't help a bunch :shrug:

breeze September 14th, 2010 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[B][I]DO[/I][/B] try and teach your beasts [I]not[/I] to stick their tongues out [I]every time[/I] you take a picture of them :laughing::laughing:

[ATTACH]69108[/ATTACH]

shirley1011 September 14th, 2010 10:30 AM

Sweet! They are adorable..tongues and all!

breeze September 14th, 2010 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[B][I]Don't[/I][/B] let you beasts [I]eat[/I] the toothbrush, while brushing their teeth :laughing::laughing: even if they think it's a treat.:laughing::laughing:

[ATTACH]69111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69112[/ATTACH]

marko September 21st, 2010 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh these are just wonderful everyone! :highfive:
Here's Mine: Do train your cat to give you the paw by bribing him with treats :D

rainbow September 22nd, 2010 02:16 PM

Great pics everyone .....sure brought lots of smiles to my face. :thumbs up

Especially with little Nanook .....that was so cute. :D

14+kitties September 22nd, 2010 02:22 PM

Awww sweet Nookie. :cloud9: Look how well he learns. :thumbs up
Love Bree! She is so beautiful!!
All the pics are so great!! :thumbs up

14+kitties September 22nd, 2010 02:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]If you are going to be in trouble for being on Daddy's chair DO make sure to bring a friend along.[/COLOR]

growler~GateKeeper September 23rd, 2010 01:04 AM

[B]Shirley[/B] - how could you :yell: not enough ice cream to go around :( The one who's left out does not look happy with you :laughing:

[B]Rgeurts[/B] - Nookie Monster :lovestruck: (love the nickname too :D) is just helping you wash the floor :p

[B]Breeze[/B] - Bree & Archer certainly enjoy getting their teeth brushed :thumbs up

[B]Marko[/B] - Ziggy looks very happy for his photo shoot this month :D were you too stingy with the treats that day? :p

[B]14+[/B] - Were Dart & TT(??) trying out for the circus? or cat agility classes? :laughing:

Rgeurts September 23rd, 2010 07:37 AM

Breeze, love your pics!! Archer and Bree are such beautiful furries :cloud9:

Marko, Ziggy is a gorgeous kitty! He always poses so pretty! :lovestruck:

14+, TT is such a beautiful kitty, but that Dart... he's too cute!! :lovestruck::flirt:
I have always loved patchy colored kitties, especially the mostly gray ones. Reminds me of a kitty I had when I was little :)
That last pic of them doing a balancing act on top of the chair... :D

rainbow September 23rd, 2010 02:19 PM

But the 14+ daddy loves his kitties and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with them. :cloud9:

Cute pics of your circus performers, [B]14+[/B] :D

Frenchy September 23rd, 2010 04:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have some I have some ! ( btw nice pics everyone !)

Don't : let the cat laugh at you because your bed is too small :(

Do : ask mommy to give you her old queen size mattress :D

Rgeurts September 23rd, 2010 06:55 PM

OMGoodness Frenchy... that first picture is just priceless!! :D

Poor Churchill! That little, tiny kitty bed poking out from under him. That just really made me laugh, thank you :laughing: :laughing:

The second pic... He just looks so comfy :cloud9::lovestruck:
What a big, sweet boy he is!

14+kitties September 23rd, 2010 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=growler;953914][B]14+[/B] - Were Dart & TT(??) trying out for the circus? or cat agility classes? :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yep, something like that. I swear TT was telling Dart to come join him up top.

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;953939]
14+, TT is such a beautiful kitty, but that Dart... he's too cute!! :lovestruck::flirt:[/QUOTE]

I will bet dollars to donuts that by the time Dart is fully grown he will be a lot bigger than his Uncle TT. Timmy is two years old now and finally managed to find 7 pounds. He is my special man. :cloud9:

[QUOTE=rainbow;954054]But the 14+ daddy loves his kitties and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing with them. :cloud9:

Cute pics of your circus performers, [B]14+[/B] :D[/QUOTE]

:D The chair isn't exactly new. He's had it forever judging by the worn out arms. :frustrated: But it's his favourite for sitting at the comp in.

Nice pics of CH Frenchy!! You ca hardly make out that poor kitty pic in the first pic!!

growler~GateKeeper September 23rd, 2010 11:01 PM

Frenchy - :laughing: Finally a bed fit for a Pyr :dog: :cloud9:

rainbow September 24th, 2010 01:35 PM

LOL, the pic of Churchill on the kitty bed is hilarious. :D

Glad he now has his own .....it fits him perfectly. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee September 27th, 2010 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]Don't let your strapping male dog wear [COLOR="Magenta"][I][B]pink[/B][/I][/COLOR] berets [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]69425[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]or a handkerchief![/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]69426[/ATTACH][/CENTER]