Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Custard Needs A Home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58574)

poodletalk November 25th, 2008 02:30 PM

Custard Needs A Home

Custard was rescued from the streets of Montreal with her four kittens last week. Custard has been vet checked, she's healthy and she will be getting sterilized very shortly. Custard needs a patient home, where she can overcome her shyness and trust again.

Custards kittens are about 8 weeks old, they already had their vaccinations, dewormed and they will be sterilized when there older. The kittens are available for adoption, pictures to comes later but to give you an idea what they look like, one kitten is all black, one kitten is white with orange spots; two are calicos.

Custards foster family, can't keep her for much longer, we are looking for someone to give Custard her forever home. If you would like to have more information about Custard, please PM me.

[IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/smoochyourpoochs/190.jpg[/IMG]

BenMax November 25th, 2008 02:52 PM

Poodletalk I was going to cross post this cat. Is this cat with your organization? If so, I will go no further. Please advise soonest. Thanks.

phoozles November 25th, 2008 03:11 PM

What a sweetie - she looks like a kitten herself :sad:
Hopefully she'll find a forever home soon. :fingerscr

chico2 November 25th, 2008 05:22 PM

Bump!!! What a pretty girl:pray:her and her babies will get a good home:goodvibes:

Love4himies November 25th, 2008 05:36 PM

I hope she finds her forever home soon, she is so pretty. :lovestruck:

Dracko November 25th, 2008 07:56 PM

Wow she is just beautiful!!! Wish I didn't live so far away.

hazelrunpack November 25th, 2008 09:29 PM

Custard is beautiful, poodletalk. :goodvibes: for a furever home being found for her soon!

Frenchy November 25th, 2008 09:31 PM

:eek: omg a tortie ! :lovestruck:

14+kitties November 25th, 2008 11:16 PM

:cloud9: What a cutie! Love that face. :cloud9:
Didn't we have a certain French lady not so long ago saying she wanted to adopt a tortie? :rolleyes:
I hope she finds her forever home soon!
Too bad a cross country delivery can't be done with Custard like it was with the pittie last week. Then Drako could add one more. :)

Dracko November 26th, 2008 12:06 AM

I seriously would try to adopt this cat if she was closer. She is simply stunning with her coloring.

clm November 26th, 2008 06:40 AM

She's beautiful.
Is she as petite as she appears in that photo? She looks like a real dainty little girl.
I hope she finds a wonderful home soon.

Cindy

poodletalk November 26th, 2008 07:31 AM

Yes, she's very tiny, when she was finally caught and brought inside all she did was sleep. She had it tough outside, protecting her kittens from the other outdoor cats, she was a great Mom and now she needs to find a wonderful home.

I have another picture of her, I had problems uploading it yesterday, I will try again later this afternoon. (I have a busy morning at work today)

Is there a certain French lady who's looking to adopt a tortie? Let me know...no pressure though.

14+kitties November 26th, 2008 07:51 AM

Drako - I agree she is gorgeous! The markings on her face are very unique. She would fit in with your gang quite well. :thumbs up
Poodletalk - I think our lady was talking a little further down the road. I know she really wants a tortie though.
Heck! I would take her if I had the room. :cloud9: She is a beautiful girl.
I get so ticked at people for doing this to their "beloved" pets!! It makes your heart break a little more each time. But then when they get adopted to [B]truly [/B]loving homes it helps to heal those breaks.
Keep up the wonderful work Poodletalk!! :highfive:

poodletalk November 26th, 2008 08:15 AM

OK 14+kitties, thank-you for letting me know about our certain French Lady! I would take Custard in a minute, but I really can't trust my dog around cats.

:offtopic:14+kitties, do you remember the kittens that my dog found trapped in a hole? Well, they have all been adopted and I think this Thursday or next Thursday they get sterlized!:thumbs up

Back to Custard, for the Montrealers who have co-workers, friends and family looking to adopt a cat, please show them Custards picture. The foster family really can't keep her for much longer.

Dracko, I wish you lived closer too!

krdahmer November 26th, 2008 01:58 PM

:goodvibes: she finds her forever home soon! :pray:

14+kitties November 26th, 2008 02:49 PM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;701021]:offtopic:14+kitties, do you remember the kittens that my dog found trapped in a hole? Well, they have all been adopted and I think this Thursday or next Thursday they get sterlized!:thumbs up
Dracko, I wish you lived closer too![/QUOTE]

Fantastic news!!!! :highfive: I was going to pm you about them. That is marvelous!!! You guys do such great work!!!! I am sure they will be happy in their new furever homes. :thumbs up

Frenchy November 26th, 2008 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;700969]
Didn't we have a certain French lady not so long ago saying she wanted to adopt a tortie? :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

I do I do !!!! :cloud9: omg she's such a cutie !!!

[QUOTE=14+kitties;701017]
Poodletalk - I think our lady was talking a little further down the road. I know she really wants a tortie though.
[/QUOTE]

Yes , my budget doesn't allow me to adopt right now :sad:

Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs :laughing:

poodletalk November 26th, 2008 10:05 PM

[QUOTE]Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how she is with other cats and dogs, I would have to ask her foster mom that question.
Right now, she needs a home with someone who would be patient with her and let her come around at her own
pace.

Dracko November 27th, 2008 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;701475]I do I do !!!! :cloud9: omg she's such a cutie !!!

Yes , my budget doesn't allow me to adopt right now :sad:

Please Poodletalk , tell me Custard is a BAD girl with other cats and dogs :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Frenchy I know this might be a little unconventional but if $ is what is holding you back right at this point I would be happy to do my part in helping an animal out and pay all the adoption costs for you to adopt Custard and get things started off with food, etc. She is simply stunning and in a second I would take her in if I lived closer. You can PM me if you are interested at all. Not sure if that is the only thing holding you back from being able to adopt right now.

14+kitties November 27th, 2008 06:37 AM

Drako - you are amazing!!
I am continually surprised at the generosity shown on this site! I am completely in awe of a group of people who would give so generously to help another one of their members. :highfive: and :grouphug: to you all!!

Frenchy November 27th, 2008 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=Dracko;701585]Frenchy I know this might be a little unconventional but if $ is what is holding you back right at this point I would be happy to do my part in helping an animal out and pay all the adoption costs for you to adopt Custard and get things started off with food, etc. [/QUOTE]

Wow Dracko , that is so nice of you ! :2huggers: I was mostly worried about the what if she needs expensive vet care ....

I did "apply" to adopt her. But like I suspected , I'm not the best family for her , there's too many pets here and Custard needs a calmer family.

I'm sad for me but glad that Custard has a foster family that is looking for HER best interest , like it should be :thumbs up

so bump bump , Custard is still looking for her forever family , one without too many pets , so she could relax and get more attention / affection. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

14+kitties November 27th, 2008 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;702099]so bump bump , Custard is still looking for her forever family , one without too many pets , so she could relax and get more attention / affection. :goodvibes: :fingerscr[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: Guess I can't have her then!
Seriously, I hope Custard finds her furever home very soon. :fingerscr

Frenchy November 28th, 2008 09:18 PM

Custard is coming here for a trial period :crazy:

I already set up everything for her in the guest bedroom (litter, bowls,toys,blankies) where she will stay for a few days , I will only let her come out with the gang after a few days , and only for a couple minutes at a time.

:fingerscr hope it works out ! :goodvibes:

Frenchy November 28th, 2008 09:20 PM

Poodletalk , the pictures you sent of my fuzzbutts did it for the foster mom. :thumbs up

thanks so much for all your help :grouphug:

poodletalk November 28th, 2008 09:21 PM

WHAT!!! When did this happen, it's ALL news too me!!!!

Don't thank me Frenchy, thank-you for fostering her!

Frenchy November 28th, 2008 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;702614]WHAT!!! When did this happen, it's ALL news too me!!!!

Don't thank me Frenchy, thank-you for fostering her![/QUOTE]

:laughing: I was e-mailing back and forth with the foster mom "helper" and it seems she knows me , well , she knows Nelly :laughing: and have heard about me and Nelly :) so I think she talked to the foster mom , who called me when I got home and she would love it if Custard could stay here , so it's a trial adoption. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack November 28th, 2008 11:27 PM

Oh, how cool is [I]that!?! [/I]:thumbs up

How exciting! :grouphug:

luckypenny November 29th, 2008 12:01 AM

:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Great news!!

clm November 29th, 2008 06:47 AM

Well, isn't that great news. If she's skittish, it might take a little while for her to come around, but you're one of the best animal people there is, if anyone can do it you can. She'll be ruling your household in no time. :laughing:

Cindy

14+kitties November 29th, 2008 07:47 AM

:thumbs up:cry: Thank you Frenchy! :grouphug: