Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   you could not pay me to eat it (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30330)

technodoll September 2nd, 2006 06:59 PM

you could not pay me to eat it

or, as i call it, "alien food".

WHAT were they THINKING??? :yuck:

[IMG]http://chew.wisconsincooks.org/jellotuna.jpg[/IMG]

ok your turn... what's your "alien food"!!

Frenchy September 2nd, 2006 07:03 PM

:rolleyes: meat :D

technodoll September 2nd, 2006 07:06 PM

but you gotta be specific... you mean like a roast? :yuck:

[IMG]http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/meat/beef/roast.jpg[/IMG]

Frenchy September 2nd, 2006 07:12 PM

:yuck: grosssssss! I think it's my mom's fault,really bad cook. ( her roast was grey/purple!) ...and then I didn't like to put my teeth in that texture....I only eat pepperoni on my pizza,I put "steak haché" in my spagetti sauce and I do like chicken once in a while,but it has to be very lean.I think it's about it! One of my ex bf was german,I used to hate going to dinner at his mom"s! What's the deal with "choucroute!"

cpietra16 September 2nd, 2006 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
meat meat and more meat....like steak tartar:yuck:

technodoll September 2nd, 2006 09:08 PM

oh i found a new one.

"headcheese"!!! :yuck:

rainbow September 2nd, 2006 09:23 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the Ring-Around-the-Tuna Salad.

I've only tried headcheese once and it wasn't bad. I didn't like it enough to buy it myself though and I admit it looks really gross. :D

glasslass September 2nd, 2006 09:25 PM

Two weeks ago one of our student assistants brought in lunch for all of us made by her mother. Her mother cooks Thai noodle soup for a Thai take-out restaurant. It was delicious, but we all discreetly fished out the two chicken feet in each of our containers.

rainbow September 2nd, 2006 09:49 PM

Eeew, that would have been enough to turn me off. :eek:

technodoll September 2nd, 2006 09:58 PM

how do you eat chicken feet? :confused:

rainbow September 2nd, 2006 10:33 PM

I don't think you're supposed to. :D It's one of those oriental traditions that don't make any sense to me. :crazy:

Shaykeija September 2nd, 2006 11:12 PM

I have 2 for you....

BLOOD PUDDING :yuck:

SweetBreads...aka BRAINS :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

MyBirdIsEvil September 2nd, 2006 11:21 PM

By blood pudding, do you mean blood sausage? Blood sausage is yummy.

I dunno what kind of food I won't eat, I'll try just about anything. I even tried limburger cheese once. Don't believe what anyone says, it tastes exactly like it smells. Probably the nastiest thing I've ever had.

[QUOTE]SweetBreads...aka BRAINS[/QUOTE]

What kind of sweetbread has brains in it?

technodoll September 2nd, 2006 11:33 PM

actually sweetbreads are not brains...

[QUOTE]Sweetbread is the name of a dish made of the thymus (neck/throat/gullet sweetbread) or the pancreas (belly/stomach/heart sweetbread) or genitalia of an animal younger than one year old. These animals are usually piglets or calves. However, llamas may also be preferred.

The two organs have very different biological functions, but look fairly similar and so are considered, for the purpose of cooking, to be comparable. Thymus sweetbreads are slightly longer and more irregular, with pancreas sweetbreads being larger and more rounded. To connoisseurs, the pancreas sweetbreads are the "real deal", whereas the throat variety are sometimes shunned.

Sweetbread is highly perishable and is considered a good source of vitamins and minerals.
[/QUOTE]

ok i dunno if that is WORSE than brains, but it's pretty darn close :yuck:

and blood sausage... jeeeeeez hell NO WAY!! double :yuck: !!!!

rainbow September 2nd, 2006 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=technodoll]or genitalia of an animal younger than one year old. [/QUOTE]

:eek: :yuck: :eek:

[QUOTE=technodoll]and blood sausage... jeeeeeez hell NO WAY!! double !!!![/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried it? It is good. :D Maybe you just have to have some Scottish blood in you. ;)

MyBirdIsEvil September 2nd, 2006 11:44 PM

I didn't think any sweetbreads had brains in them. My dad grew up working in my grandfather's butcher shop and he taught me about all kinds of meat cuts and organ meats, and never said anything about sweetbread being brains, lol.

[QUOTE]and blood sausage... jeeeeeez hell NO WAY!! double[/QUOTE]

:sad: No love for the blood sausage.

That has to be my favorite "gross" food. My dad's friend made some one day and no one else would eat it. More for us, lol.

Another thing that no one else would try: Fried fish egg sacks. I dunno if there's a proper name for those. (not that it matters).

Another one of my dad's friends (where does he find these people?) decided to fry some up because we went fishing and one of the fish happened to have eggs. They just tasted kind of like fried egg yolks with a little bit of a fishy aftertaste.

mummummum September 2nd, 2006 11:56 PM

Without hesitation I can tell you I will never eat TRIPE. I brought some home from the butcher and cooked it for the dogs once ~ never again. You have to slow-cook it for 6-7 hours and it :eek: [B][COLOR="YellowGreen"]REEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeks[/COLOR][/B]:eek: . Fresh, raw green tripe is a bouquet of wonderful compared to cooked tripe ~ truly far more revolting than anything you can imagine.

glasslass September 3rd, 2006 12:01 AM

Mountain Oysters (deer testicles)

rainbow September 3rd, 2006 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=MyBirdIsEvil]because we went fishing and one of the fish happened to have eggs. [/QUOTE]

Usually, when people catch a spawner, they release it so the fish can reproduce. :D

[QUOTE=mummummum]Without hesitation I can tell you I will never eat TRIPE. [/QUOTE]

Lol, I've never tried it, but I can remember growing up and asking what's for supper and being told "tripe". :D

MyBirdIsEvil September 3rd, 2006 12:24 AM

[QUOTE]Usually, when people catch a spawner, they release it so the fish can reproduce.[/QUOTE]

There's no regulations on blue gill in ohio. Most other fish aren't in season when they're spawning anyway.

Maxine September 3rd, 2006 12:45 AM

I will never eat insects as food, not even at the insectarium, where i'm sure the kitchen is clean......you know what I mean

hehehe

Maxine

Prin September 3rd, 2006 02:07 AM

That first jello thing reminds me of Eddie on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. "I don't know about the cat, but I sure am enjoyin' it. It is goooooood." :D

Frenchy September 3rd, 2006 08:23 AM

why did I look at the nigt posts before breakfast :yell:

normag September 3rd, 2006 09:20 AM

I love blood sausage (black pudding to me) but I cant get the real thing here, my daughter always brings me some when she visits from Vancouver, its great on a full english breaky.
I always thought sweetbreads were animal (sheep I think) testys ? anyway I like them in a nice cream sauce and mashed potaotes around the edge.

SnowDancer September 3rd, 2006 10:31 AM

Heresy I know - but I won't eat Poutine!

badger September 3rd, 2006 10:33 AM

Just the thought of sushi makes me gag.

technodoll September 3rd, 2006 10:59 AM

[QUOTE]Heresy I know - but I won't eat Poutine![/QUOTE]

snowdancer: SACRILEGE!! poutine is food of the gods! :eek: j k in fact, i might need one on this cold rainy day :D

[IMG]http://www.jonno.com/now/poutine_400.jpg[/IMG]

PEDPA September 3rd, 2006 11:14 AM

I've been researching actual foods that are nasty for a fear factor fundraiser i'm putting together.... foods that the health unit will let us use that aren't a hazard or liability,.... and we found this one .... ALIEN FOOD! for sure! hahah

apparently it's a delicasy somewhere.. but then most crap is a "dish" somewhewre in the world .. so this is a high protein drink for muscle heads in Europe.. go figure....

BULLS MILK! Think hard now.... bulls are males and don't make milk ..... :yuck:

rainbow September 3rd, 2006 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=technodoll]snowdancer: SACRILEGE!! poutine is food of the gods! :eek: j k in fact, i might need one on this cold rainy day :D

[IMG]http://www.jonno.com/now/poutine_400.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks like somebody barfed on top of your fries. :eek:

technodoll September 3rd, 2006 12:53 PM

rainbow, take a pick... my poutine, or Pedpa's "bull milk" :D

:yuck: . :eek:

(oops i had written puppyluv, but i meant pedpa!)