Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello, I too am new..... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12512)

Sonja February 24th, 2005 03:18 PM

Hello, I too am new.....

I have been what I suppose you call a lurker for some time, who has finally grabbed the bull by the horns and voila, here I am.
I am from the St-Lazare, Hudson area in Quebec and am presently loved by one female Bernese Mountain dog (14 months) and 4 cats (all in the 11-12 year range) 1 abby, 1 somalie and 2 siamese (if you please). The cats are most pleased with the Bernese as they have had to deal with an australian shepard prior to this and now in their old age are finding it very pleasant not to be herded!
I have a soft spot for bernese, the very first dog I ever had was one ..... going back to the caveman era (before they were all the rage and people asked me what kind of mix this was) and since then I was loved and owned by an akita, sheltie and aussie.....and of course cats.
Each one is different and each was (is) special and they are the best medicine in the world for what ails....
That is it in a nutshell,
so hello all of you and look forward to some good discussions.
Sonya

GsdDiamond February 24th, 2005 03:21 PM

Welcome to you and yer clan!!!!

Many wonderful folks at this site, that why you joined.....right? :D

Lucky Rescue February 24th, 2005 03:22 PM

Hi and welcome, neighbour!!:)

If you ever feel up to fostering a homeless cat, let me know!!

caliper February 24th, 2005 04:55 PM

Somja , welcome to the boards. Im certain you already know you will get quite a bit of information from people here. Thanks for droping by and saying Hi! Thanks Cal....

BMDLuver February 24th, 2005 05:19 PM

Yippie

Welcome Sonya, glad to see a fellow BMD lover!

chico2 February 24th, 2005 05:22 PM

Oh yes Sonja,welcome to you and your crew...if you've been lurking,you know we love pics.. :thumbs up

mastifflover February 24th, 2005 06:10 PM

Welcome to the board and we love BMD's and would like pics of your kids

Sonja February 25th, 2005 11:40 AM

Thanks for the welcome.....

:grouphug: It is always nice to find and make new friends to draw and exchange information with.
No more cats at the moment....thanks :D there is not enough room on the bed, but will keep your offer in mind in the coming years....who knows.

As for pictures.....ahhhh you poor souls, you know not what you wish for... they will be on their way.... what is the standard size allowed? I will adjust the format to keep within the legal limits.

And if any of you need a bmd fix, Zuckie and I are skijoring this Sunday St. Lazare at Les Forestier around 11-noon....always love to have people see me make a fool of myself...our last course...and I have bruises to prove it too!
tata for now and to everyone, have a super day!
Sonya

Princesss04 February 28th, 2005 10:51 AM

Welcome to this pet board. We look forward to chatting with you and yes picture posting is a MUST!!! :D

pak3tz February 28th, 2005 03:58 PM

Hello, I too am new.....

Hi Sonja and welcome, I am a newby myself :D

ScottGoodburn February 28th, 2005 05:44 PM

Welcome to the site, it's addictive!

glasslass February 28th, 2005 06:06 PM

Welcome Sonja! I'll be looking forward to those pictures! What is skijoring!

Sonja March 1st, 2005 08:50 AM

Next picture installment

1 Attachment(s)
As promised here is another picture of Zuckie, taken in Oct. and she was about 10 months old. baby days are over but still a puppy. I still have to transfer pictures from home to the office, so I will post more....I promise.
Sonya

chico2 March 1st, 2005 09:04 AM

Sonja,he's a beauty..love his colouring,especially the white chest and his sweet,sweet face :grouphug:

happycats March 1st, 2005 09:06 AM

Welcome, and what a stunning dog you have !

Sonja March 1st, 2005 09:08 AM

Skijoring 101

1 Attachment(s)
We live out in the country so we have lots of access to open fields and woods, just great for doing some hiking in the summer and in the winter when there is enough snow on the ground I cross country ski.
Skijoring is a sport done with the dog where the two of you form a team much like sleding but you are on skis and you work with the dog in going cross country. The dog does not pull you, you have to do some work as well, you either slow the dog down if need be or allow it to reach a max. speed keeping in mind the strength and ability of the dog. A good and fun work out for both. Picture is also included but it is not of me but of my instructor with her Visala in the recreational centre near where I live.

....I am not that good yet, :D All you would see is me with my face in the snow.... :rolleyes: atleast the snow is white where I am and not yellow.... ;-)

BMDLuver March 1st, 2005 10:07 AM

brave soul

I couldn't imagine trying that... I have enough trouble just doing the xcountry skiing without adding a dog attaced to me in the mix. It does look like a blast though!

Sonja March 1st, 2005 12:03 PM

Not as bad as all that

You do need a sense of balance, but also a dog that does not go for a good roll in the snow every 5 min. would be great... ;)

blabster March 2nd, 2007 05:17 PM

cute dog - good job

rainbow March 2nd, 2007 07:18 PM

Ummmmm.....this thread is two years old.