Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Love In the Mud (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44631)

marko September 15th, 2007 04:07 PM

Love In the Mud

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot I took just yesterday. It's for a photography project but I'd love some honest comments either good or bad.

Thanks!

Marko

marko September 15th, 2007 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another taken just a few minutes later. I'd be curious to know which one (if any) people prefer.

Thx
Marko

BusterBoo September 15th, 2007 04:44 PM

Personally I prefer the first one, quite the contrast! It's almost like the roses are "talking" at each other.

breeze September 15th, 2007 05:13 PM

i to like the first picture..
did the roses really grow there??? now thats pretty cool
The second one does not have the same affect as the first one..

Frenchy September 15th, 2007 06:36 PM

I like the second one , it would make a great Pink Floyd album cover (don't know why , it made me think about that :shrug:)

jiorji September 15th, 2007 06:39 PM

i like the second one too. The segmentation is better adn the flow. It flows better with the eye

shredy September 15th, 2007 07:37 PM

I also prefer the second one, it seems to be framed better and I like the view better. I like the reflection of the leaves in the second one as well. The roses are more of the focus with the mud being a background. It depends on what you were going for...Both are very nice though.

want4rain September 15th, 2007 08:18 PM

yep, both have different feels so they arent exactly comparable. the one that appeals to me is the second one though.

the left rose is protective love, the right rose is shining love.

-ashley

Jim Hall September 15th, 2007 08:36 PM

the second one is framed perfectly

I like the first one but it seems unbalanced and the perspective is strange

Maybe framed difeernelty it would be more balanced or maybe its the effect of the picture size?

What was the project?

growler~GateKeeper September 15th, 2007 11:21 PM

I like the second one better - you get the roses' perspective both looking down & the "happy face expression" of the rose on the right looking up. Plus the rocks in the first one draws the eye away from the roses & distracts the attention - maybe that's what you're going for though??

Either way you always have fabulous pics Marko!

marko September 16th, 2007 05:22 AM

Hey thanks for those comments everyone:highfive:

Frenchy - Too funny I TOTALLY thought of the Wall movie (Pink Floyd) when I first downloaded the roses. For me it brings back memories of scenes in that movie where 1 rose seems to be dominating the other one.

Breeze - Nope...I brought those roses there. They were roses for my wife that had started to dry up so she let me use them.

Jim - The project was for a podcast on wide angle lenses....that's why the perspective is so wonky.

Growler - I totally agree with you about the rocks grabbing your attention away in shot 1. I think it's mainly the largest rock in the lower left. I actually darkened that rock a bit...but maybe it needs 25% more darkening (burning in photospeak).

Thanks everyone! Glad most people dig the shots.

Marko

chico2 September 16th, 2007 07:08 AM

The pics made me think of some natural or human made disaster and how life goes on and love prevails.
Great pics!

erykah1310 September 16th, 2007 08:03 AM

I too prefer the second one, the rocks in the first one apparently needed my attention more so than the roses:shrug:
Both nice pics...
Definately Pink Floyd-y :)