Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Riley Gets a Perfect Score at Rally Obedience (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75384)

TeriM February 20th, 2011 02:55 PM

Riley Gets a Perfect Score at Rally Obedience

1 Attachment(s)
We participated in another Rally Obedience Trial yesterday and Riley was such a good boy :lovestruck:. We did very well on our first round and on his second class we actually got a perfect 100 score and got top dog in class :thumbs up.

[ATTACH]72307[/ATTACH]

Here is the video of our round. This a rally novice course. We qualified for our rally novice title in the fall so are competing in the Novice "B" category with others who have also qualified.

[url]http://youtu.be/x9mUw5KYtIM[/url]

We are working on advanced exercises which include a jump and some additional harder exercises. Advanced is also done completely off leash. I am hoping to compete in the advanced class in the next few months.

hedgiemama February 20th, 2011 05:54 PM

congratulations ! you guys did a great job:thumbs up Riley looks so handsome and behaved so well. and he is huge!!

rainbow February 20th, 2011 07:53 PM

WOOO HOOO Riley ......Congratualations :highfive:

That is something to be proud of for sure. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack February 20th, 2011 10:06 PM

Hurrah!!! Congrats to both of you!!! :clap: :thumbs up

Dracko February 20th, 2011 10:18 PM

Okay, I have to ask. Why is it called "Dumbbell Obedience?" :laughing:

Very handsome boy. :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee February 20th, 2011 10:24 PM

Either your very short or Riley is a very [SIZE="6"]big[/SIZE] boy! :D

Great job and congratulations on the wonderful awards and accomplishments! :thumbs up

luckypenny February 20th, 2011 11:18 PM

[B][I][SIZE="4"]Yayyyy Riley!!!!![/SIZE][/I][/B] :goodvibes: :highfive:

Teri, I'm smiling ear to ear, I'm so proud of you both :2huggers:. I love how relaxed he was and how his tail gently wagged throughout it all. Riley jumping up and down in celebration with you at the end made me laugh out loud :laughing:... he's too darn adorable :cloud9:. Thank you so much for sharing such a happy moment with us :thumbs up.

14+kitties February 20th, 2011 11:52 PM

WAY TO GO RILEY!!!! :thumbs up I think he is finally coming in to his own. What a good good boy he was! :cloud9: I love his little celebration at the end too. :D Good job Mom. :highfive:

Dog Dancer February 21st, 2011 01:04 AM

Congratulations! That is too cool. Riley and you both did great. I like the club name. Should sign Halo up...

growler~GateKeeper February 21st, 2011 04:29 AM

Awesome job Teri & Riley :highfive: :grouphug: :D

Love4himies February 21st, 2011 08:39 AM

Way to go, Riley :thumbs up. And looking so handsome getting your pic taken with your ribbon :cloud9: :lovestruck:

BenMax February 21st, 2011 09:09 AM

Well.....[B][SIZE="3"]CONGRATS RILEY!!![/SIZE][/B]:thumbs up

You must be a very proud mama TeriM! Not to mention of course congrats to you for your hard work!

TeriM February 22nd, 2011 01:08 AM

[QUOTE=Dracko;986965]Okay, I have to ask. Why is it called "Dumbbell Obedience?" :laughing:
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, good question. That is the club name that sponsored the trial :shrug:. I'm guessing it is a play on the dumbbells that are used in formal obedience but then again it could just be their way of laughing at all of us :laughing:.

[QUOTE=klmccallum;986969]Either your very short or Riley is a very [SIZE="6"]big[/SIZE] boy! :D[/QUOTE]

Riley is a BIG boy and weighs in at 110+ lbs these days. I am about 5'6 so am definately not short. The plus side is that I never have to bend over when I am grabbing a collar :laughing:.

TeriM February 22nd, 2011 01:16 AM

Thanks all for the congratulations :). I really am soooo proud of him and love how much he loves to work with me :lovestruck:.

I was so excited when I saw our score that I turned quickly to go tell our trainer and ended up with what I thought was a horrible charlie horse in my calf muscle. It has now been three days and it looks as though I actually have torn my calf muscle and am hobbling around with teeny tiny half steps. I can't flex my calf enough to do a proper forward walking motion and apparently these types of injuries can take a month to heal :yell:.

Love4himies February 22nd, 2011 08:24 AM

I just watched the video and he is perfect!!!

hazelrunpack February 23rd, 2011 04:14 PM

Oh, no, Teri! Hope the muscle heals quicker than that!!! :eek: :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper February 24th, 2011 03:23 AM

[QUOTE=TeriM;987232]It has now been three days and it looks as though I actually have torn my calf muscle and am hobbling around with teeny tiny half steps. I can't flex my calf enough to do a proper forward walking motion and apparently these types of injuries can take a month to heal :yell:.[/QUOTE]

Ouch!! :grouphug: Speedy healing :goodvibes: See if Dean can help you with the muscle injury :thumbs up

Winston February 24th, 2011 07:20 AM

TeriM you and your boy did awesome...heal fast okay we look forward to the next one!! :thumbs up

Sylvie February 24th, 2011 08:21 PM

Congratulations to both of you.:thumbs up

His sits were awesome. Can't wait to see the advanced.

pattymac February 25th, 2011 12:27 AM

That was great!! I like at the end when he glances back at the judge. Kind of saying see I did good!! Ya hope you heal fast! BTW, do you find that the hand signals, like when you're doing a turn help?