Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost Lab/German Shepherd (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6152)

Oakdale August 5th, 2004 03:49 PM

Lost Lab/German Shepherd

1 Attachment(s)
Lost Lab/german Shepherd. Tan With Black Patches. No Collar. Missing Since July 31st. Please Phone 416-809-6915 With Any Information.

[/img]

Princesss04 August 5th, 2004 03:53 PM

Do you have a picture of the dog? That would help alot. And place signs on the street and at the vet and shelters. Have you contacted the vet, shleters, pound? I am so sorry to hear that your baby is missing. Keep us posted! :D

Oakdale August 5th, 2004 03:59 PM

We have contacted all vets in our area as well as surrounding area, phone all animal shelter / pounds and have placed over 500 letters in mailboxes but no one has replied yet. Any help is appreciated. It is so hard not knowing if she is okay or not.

I am trying to figure out how to attach the picture....

Iggette August 6th, 2004 05:18 AM

Hi Colin....... glad you found us (I met you in Mount albert IGA store on wednesday) there are some other sites you can put Tika on as well the more exposure the better. I was wondering did Tikea disappear from your home? Perhaps some of you girls could keep your eyes open for Tika in the dog parks because I was thinking of a scenerio, your home is right across the street from a chip truck that many stop at on the way up north (and it was the weekend) perhaps someone thought she was lost and brought her on the trip? Alot of people from the city would be travelling up hyway 48 (markham rd) is she friendly? How old is she? I have searched a few places and will continue to do so , so your not alone! Checking the Kawarthas might be an idea as well .
Just a few thoughts,
Tika is already listed at infopet.ca Here are the other sites you can list her with .......

[URL=www.petfinder.com]petfinder.com[/URL]

[URL=www.canadastrays.com]canadastrays.com[/URL]

[URL=www.lostandfound.ca]lostandfound.ca[/URL]

I live in Sunderland (East of you) and have kept my eyes open for found notices just incase she wandered away and is just lost.
Good luck I hope she finds here way back to you , please keep us posted
Debbie
P.S. I noticed you had listed her before when she escaped in January but you had her listed as german shepard/Husky mix did she come home on her own? (found that on lost and found .ca) Oh I do hope she finds her way home again

Iggette August 9th, 2004 06:35 AM

Any word yet? Has Tika come home?

Luba August 9th, 2004 01:27 PM

Iggs you did good :D

I truly hope you find your dog, very best of luck!!

Oakdale August 10th, 2004 08:04 PM

Still missing

She is still missing. Ido not know what more we can do. We have been driving around every night until dark. No one has seen her.

Luba August 10th, 2004 08:43 PM

What is the area like where she went missing? Busy/brush/forest/lots of traffic/trains?

Iggette August 11th, 2004 09:04 PM

It's at HWY 48 (Markham Rd.) and Mount Albert Sideroad the area is sort of all of the above busy through the day with trucks etc. going north out of the city also high traffic for people going up north, on Fridays especially (I think the day she went missing on the long weekend) Across from an IGA /chip truck take out food (big with the travellers) the only shopping in the area ,Also very woody, alot of forest area around :( No trains.

Luba August 11th, 2004 09:09 PM

If I were the owners I'd go back to the area with a portable BBQ and start cooking some stinky hamburgers and hot dogs.

It WORKS the dogs come smelling the food cooking cause they're hungry and they usually find their way to the BBQ. Also if they have another dog in the family, take it with them...or a 'pal' dog that this one plays with. They'll smell eachothers scent in the wind.

Iggette August 11th, 2004 09:16 PM

ok maybe I wasn't saying it right .........that is where they live the dog went missing from their home It's a busy little spot...........lol with the chip truck there burgers and hotdogs are cooking all day long hasn't worked so far :(

Luba August 11th, 2004 09:20 PM

LOL duh duh @ me

Cactus Flower August 12th, 2004 10:32 AM

WOW Luba that is still a very clever suggestion- pass that one around to the others that are looking for their pets!

Luba August 12th, 2004 11:53 AM

That only seems to work in rural areas for obvious reasons. Thats why I asked where the dog went missing. Esp for people who take their dogs on hikes or such :D It does work!!