Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found cat in downtown Toronto area (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41688)

suuce June 19th, 2007 02:07 PM

Found cat in downtown Toronto area

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone.. I'm new to this forum, I joined because I found a cat on College St on JUNE 11 2007.

I believe it is a male domestic shorthaired cat. It is mostly black with white paws, belly and half of his face is white. It has a black mark on it's nose, and a couple black patches on the back of it's front legs. It has yellowish/green eyes. It is wearing a white collar ( I believe it is a flea collar). It is a very friendly cat, likes lying around the house and looking out the window. He misses his family.
I found this cat outside the starbucks on college near Beverly St. (U of T area). The worker in Starbucks said they had seen it around the area for a couple days.
Feel free to call me if this sounds like your cat 416-499-2101.
I can't keep this cat for to much longer.. will be handing it over to the THS soon.

badger June 19th, 2007 03:41 PM

Thanks for helping this guy out, especially since it is so hot and food must be scarce in downtown Toronto.

Have you put up posters in the immediate neighbourhood (at Starbuck's too)? Just put 'cat found', with the area he was found in, to avoid scammers and ghouls. Put up lots of them because they get torn down by idiots.

Did you call the SPCA to see if he has been reported missing?
Is he neutered (they still have their balls, but noticeably deflated :) )? If not, he has probably just wandered off, looking for lurve. I've rescued a few cats and only once found the owner, but since he is so sweet and comfortable with you, it's likely he hasn't been on the lam for long. Please give him a chance. I'm not sure if the Toronto SPCA is no-kill, but I hope it is.

suuce June 19th, 2007 06:05 PM

Thanks for the helpful information. I haven't put up posters, I will do that.
I believe he is neutered.. so perphaps he is an outdoor cat that wondered to far from home.
I have called the Toronto humane society, but they just tell you to check the lost and found posts on the internet, which I have been doing everyday.
I have contacted a couple people, but it doesn't seem to be theirs.
Hopefully someone will see him and recognize him. The THS is a no-kill shelter so I am not worried about that. Thanks again for the post.:)

suuce September 7th, 2007 11:43 PM

It took over two months but I finally got into contact with the owner, well actually toronto animal services did. The owner lost this cat over a year ago, so miracles do happen.

Dracko September 8th, 2007 01:17 AM

Oh, how awesome!!!! Thanks for coming back to update us. Things like this are so good to hear. :cloud9:

shirley1011 September 8th, 2007 07:46 AM

Wow that was an amazing post to read....Carly, Sil...keep hope alive....
this kitty made it a year

It makes me happy to hear of folks like this who try so hard to reunite pets and their owners....way to go you have made one kitty and one owner
extremely grateful and happy....the world needs more people like this.

chico2 September 8th, 2007 07:58 AM

Suuce,thank's for letting us know and thank you for caring,the owners must have been really happy:thumbs up
That just tells me,never give up on a lost pet..:cat: