Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Well, took the "kitty cat plunge" today...big time!!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66205)

diandpat October 13th, 2009 05:37 PM

Well, took the "kitty cat plunge" today...big time!!!

Some of you may remember a few weeks ago when I took in a "stray" cat and managed to find the owners in the most bittersweet kind of way. We have driven by the house of many many occasions in the last few weeks and have seen no sign of the cat so maybe they are no longer letting the declawed kitten out :fingerscr

Anyways, jump forward to today. I went to the SPCA in Montreal to look at a cutie who had struck me on Petfinder. He was there and just as sweet. Unfortunately (fortunately :p ) the cage on top of him housed the sweetest little girl on earth...clearly hopeless :sad: She had gotten pregnant at 8 mths, was kicked out, had the kittens stillborn and finally the neighbor brought her to the SPCA.

YES, I adopted TWO cats...OMG!!!! :cat: :cat: :shrug:

I was able to bring the male home today. He is 3ish and was abandoned at the front door one morning. Can't say why...he is a pleasure. He will be called Ziggy :lovestruck:

Had to leave my little girl there to be spayed. Hopefully get to pick her up tomorrow night :fingerscr She will be Zuzu :cloud9:

Can't believe this but am soooooo excited too!!!! :crazy:

Of course will have a ton of questions and will post pics as soon as they settle in a bit. Ziggy hides everytime I take the camera out :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Love4himies October 13th, 2009 05:40 PM

Two :eek:, good for you :thumbs up, one would only be lonely :sad: :laughing: I can't wait for pics :D Cats are just so darn addicting :laughing:

14+kitties October 13th, 2009 06:24 PM

:highfive::grouphug: [SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="6"]Congratulations!! [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Now you get to see why the rest of us (or maybe just some of us) are absolutely crazy!! About kitties that is. :D:thumbs up

clm October 13th, 2009 06:35 PM

Whoo Hoo! 2 cats are better than one for sure.:lovestruck: Can't wait to see pics. Good for you for getting both of them. :thumbs up Cats are facinating creatures. Welcome to the cat club, ha, ha.

clm

14+kitties October 13th, 2009 06:36 PM

And how is Pat dealing with it all? :D

Frenchy October 13th, 2009 07:41 PM

2 cats in one day ?? :crazy:

woohoo !!! congratulations ! can't wait to see pics :lovestruck:

it's much better getting 2 , they'll be :evil: together in no time :mwaha:

:laughing:

TwinTails October 13th, 2009 07:59 PM

:highfive::grouphug::D Congrats!! Be forwarned, cats are addictive :thumbs up

onster October 13th, 2009 08:04 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats D&P!!!!!!

can't wait to hear of their settling in and pictures. Youre gonna love them!

Smiley14 October 13th, 2009 08:09 PM

Oh, how exciting!!! Congratulations!!!! Just think of how wonderful their lives will be now going forward! :highfive:

Dee-O-Gee October 13th, 2009 08:16 PM

Aahhh how sweet diandpat! I'm sure Zuzu can't wait to be in her forever home. Congratulations and we're all here for ya! Looking forward to see more cute kitty pictures! :thumbs up

Sheri H October 13th, 2009 09:34 PM

Congratulations! We have four kitties right now and Alen calls me the "cat's mother". If we had the space and the money I would probably be like the crazy old cat lady on the Simpsons, but without the crazy. :p

diandpat October 13th, 2009 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;836481]And how is Pat dealing with it all? :D[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I was literally there for two hours just staring at both cages. There was also a red tabby kitten doing her best to get my attention but she was so cute I had no doubt her time would come soon.

I finally called him and told him my "situation" and he told me to just get both :cloud9: I love him :lovestruck: He even had to tell the adoption coordinator that I had his permission :laughing::laughing::laughing:

While I was there two other cats (both over 4) and two dogs were adopted. There were a lot of people in the cat room and three kittens were in the viewing room so hopefully there were more successes after.

I am worried about Zuzu tonight and am being kept company by Ziggy, who is never out of my sight. Just wish he would use the litterbox soon :frustrated: I have seen him eat and seen him drink but nothing has come out yet...that I have seen :o

Thank you all for your good wishes...pictures tomorrow for sure, once my Zuzu is home :cat:

diandpat October 13th, 2009 11:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few that aren't blurry...mostly because he is sleeping :laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack October 13th, 2009 11:24 PM

Oh, he's absolutely gorgeous, diandpat!!!! :flirt: How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of little Zuzu, too! :goodvibes:

What do Ginger and Hobo think of their new housemate?

Tundra_Queen October 14th, 2009 01:37 AM

Oh he is so sweet!!

I love the name Zuzu too! Did u get that from It's A Wonderful Life? I love that movie!!

I am so glad u adopted them both, they will have company when your not around to spoil them. *G*

Debbie

Love4himies October 14th, 2009 07:01 AM

Ziggy is one beautiful boy :cloud9: :lovestruck:, Looks like he is settling in very, very well :thumbs up

clm October 14th, 2009 07:13 AM

He's a gorgeous kitty. He seems to know that he's finally home. :cloud9: Hopefully Zuzu will settle in as quickly.

clm

ancientgirl October 14th, 2009 07:41 AM

Go you! You'll see, having two cats is really not much trouble.

Ziggy is a handsome boy! Don't worry, he'll use the litter soon. He's probably just getting used to things and maybe a little nervous. It took Czari almost a week before I actually saw anything going on in her litter box.

Zuzu will be just fine, and I can't wait to see photos of her!

chico2 October 14th, 2009 09:48 AM

diandpat,two is always better than one for sure,I am proud of you,rescuing 2:thumbs up
I suppose you don't know yet if they get along,but I am sure they will:cat:
Ziggy looks right at home and comfortable,like only cats can:laughing:

diandpat October 14th, 2009 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;836641]Oh he is so sweet!!

I love the name Zuzu too! Did u get that from It's A Wonderful Life? I love that movie!!

Debbie[/QUOTE]

YES!!!! It absolutely is...has been my favorite nickname forever!!! I loved that he had time to go reassure and tend to his sick little Zuzu even as his world was falling apart :lovestruck:

[QUOTE=chico2;836704]diandpat,two is always better than one for sure,I am proud of you,rescuing 2:thumbs up
I suppose you don't know yet if they get along,but I am sure they will:cat:
Ziggy looks right at home and comfortable,like only cats can:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Actually Chico2, we had them in the visiting room together for about twenty minutes yesterday. Ziggy was curious and Zuzu hissed a little but there did not seem to be any aggressiveness on either of their parts. :fingerscr that when she comes home today it will all go well. I am off until Sunday so have plenty of time to referee :laughing::laughing:

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;836669]Go you! You'll see, having two cats is really not much trouble.

Ziggy is a handsome boy! Don't worry, he'll use the litter soon. He's probably just getting used to things and maybe a little nervous. It took Czari almost a week before I actually saw anything going on in her litter box.

Zuzu will be just fine, and I can't wait to see photos of her![/QUOTE]

Are you saying that Czari did not go at all for a week or just not in the litterbox? :confused: He finally did pee in it this morning. He has eaten a small can of wet in three servings since 4 p.m. yesterday. Hoping something comes out soon. I would hate for him to be sick :sad:

Still have not heard from them so I assume she was only operated this a.m. and will only be available this evening. Gives me time to scoot to Global and pick some stuff up :thumbs up

chico2 October 14th, 2009 03:37 PM

That's exciting isn't it.can't wait to see pics of them both:cat::cat:

BenMax October 14th, 2009 04:29 PM

Well CONGRATS GIRL!!!!! He is absolutely smitten!:lovestruck::cloud9::thumbs up

ancientgirl October 14th, 2009 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=diandpat;836710]

Are you saying that Czari did not go at all for a week or just not in the litterbox? :confused: He finally did pee in it this morning. He has eaten a small can of wet in three servings since 4 p.m. yesterday. Hoping something comes out soon. I would hate for him to be sick :sad:

[/QUOTE]

She peed I think after about 2 or 3 days, and it took around 5 or 6 days for her to poop. I was getting nervous too. But when she finally did, I knew she had relaxed enough to feel safe here.

edwina October 14th, 2009 05:16 PM

He is a cutie :flirt: Yes cats can be very addicting :o

14+kitties October 14th, 2009 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=diandpat;836603]:laughing::laughing::laughing: I was literally there for two hours just staring at both cages. There was also a red tabby kitten doing her best to get my attention but she was so cute I had no doubt her time would come soon.

I finally called him and told him my "situation" and he told me to just get both :cloud9: I love him :lovestruck: He even had to tell the adoption coordinator that I had his permission :laughing::laughing::laughing:

While I was there two other cats (both over 4) and two dogs were adopted. There were a lot of people in the cat room and three kittens were in the viewing room so hopefully there were more successes after.

I am worried about Zuzu tonight and am being kept company by Ziggy, who is never out of my sight. Just wish he would use the litterbox soon :frustrated: I have seen him eat and seen him drink but nothing has come out yet...that I have seen :o

Thank you all for your good wishes...pictures tomorrow for sure, once my Zuzu is home :cat:[/QUOTE]

WTG Hubby!!!! Gotta love men like that!!! :highfive: Give him a big hug for me please!!!
Great news that there were other animals being adopted. I hope they went to homes as good as yours. :fingerscr
Pics would be nice please. :D 'Cause I figure ZuZu is home now.

diandpat October 14th, 2009 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;836788]She peed I think after about 2 or 3 days, and it took around 5 or 6 days for her to poop. I was getting nervous too. But when she finally did, I knew she had relaxed enough to feel safe here.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's insane :crazy: Well, Ziggy finally pooped this evening P U !!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

He is making himself right at home here...too funny. Both the dogs took about 3 days to come out of themselves...not him. I called him Ziggy after the cartoon character and he IS a character :laughing:

ancientgirl October 14th, 2009 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=diandpat;836814]Wow, that's insane :crazy: Well, Ziggy finally pooped this evening P U !!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

He is making himself right at home here...too funny. Both the dogs took about 3 days to come out of themselves...not him. I called him Ziggy after the cartoon character and he IS a character :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yay! Houston, we have poop!:laughing: Isn't it strange how you can get so happy sometimes at their bowel movements. :rolleyes:

diandpat October 14th, 2009 07:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
SHE'S FINALLY HOME!!!! (I believe I am in for a long night) She was operated at 3:30 and I picked her up at 7...talk about "out patient" She is still groggy and trying to lick. If I put the stupid collar on she goes nuts trying to get it off. I am also sure my night is going to involve some nausea too...she is wretching.

Only took a few pics because she is not a happy camper right now :sad:

TwinTails October 14th, 2009 07:46 PM

Awwwwww :flirt: They are both adorable!! :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck: Congrats again on your newest furbabies :flirt:

Winston October 14th, 2009 08:22 PM

Dianpat Congrats on the new additions! I am sooo happy you decided on 2! not because its another kitty adopted but it really is nice for them to have some feline company!!

They are both beautiful! I hope your gal is feeling better in the am! she will likely sleep quite a bit between tonight and tomorrow so dont be alarmed!

Do you have any baby powder lying around? may sound crazy but in case the 2 kitties start to fight its handy to have that..give them both a little rub down with some on your hands and they will smell the same and it helps to stop the issues between kitties sometimes! Works a charm for my 2 when one has been to the vet and comes back smelling different!

Some even say a dab of vanilla under their chin has a calming affect as well!

Cant wait to see some more pics!

Cindy