Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   A visit to Ashmont (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84956)

Goldfields January 4th, 2014 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Their office cum artist studio(for Barb). Has a sliding door onto the verandah, which is handy . Beds there for the dogs to sleep in while they are on the computers, or Barb is painting, but also beds in their bedroom as well.
Guest bathroom. The shower was designed to take a wheelchair, which makes it a nice size to walk into with a dog, to bath it. LOL. It was quicker than setting up their hydrobath, plus I don't think theirs is a heated hydrobath like mine .... anyway, the cattle dogs had to be bathed prior for going in for hips x raying.
The laundry. Out of sight on the right is a lot of shelf space. It has a shepherd size doggie door. :D

Goldfields January 4th, 2014 08:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
View of part of the kitchen.
One side of the dining room is taken up at present with this lovely big puppy pen . The padded seat beside the whelping box was for Misty(mother) to escape to if the pups annoyed her too much, but was also handy for Barb to sit on prior to weighing them.
It was kinder not to take the rest of the dining room seeing things had to be pushed to one side.

Barkingdog January 4th, 2014 08:23 PM

I can that the padded seat has been used a lot by the mom , you can see her body print in the pad. Your sister is a very talent person , like you.

Goldfields January 4th, 2014 08:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Forgot to say that between one lot of steps down off the verandah, and the deck where I sat to groom my dogs, they have a fish pond and area for ferns and fuschias (sp?).

Hehehe! Don't tell 'em I posted this one, Barb and Tony just thinking about getting up, Susie(sheltie) hoping they won't. :D

Their en suite bathroom, there is a walk in wardrobe/dressing room next to it.

Goldfields January 4th, 2014 08:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a role reversal to make you laugh. Sparkle, Sheltie, likes to sleep in Sally's(GSD) sized bed, while Sally tries to cram herself into a sheltie bed. :laughing:
In her dog shed, some of the awards her dogs have gained in obedience and tracking.

Goldfields January 4th, 2014 08:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Around the walls Barbara has placed photo's of each of her dogs with some of the sashes they each won. I pe4rsonally consider them dust collectors so store mine in a cardboard box. :D Must say it looks impressive though. If I ever won anything in obedience with Roo I suppose I might hang a sash up, it's a bit more of a challenge than showing is.
Just had to take this next shot. Just how many brushes does any one artist need? :D
Misty(mother of the litter) just waiting for the GSD to pounce. They actually have the best relationship, very good mates.

I do have some photo's of lovely roses at Barb's to show you yet, but I also have hungry ponies to feed and dogs to let out. Another time.

hazelrunpack January 5th, 2014 11:03 AM

Beautiful home, GF! Your sis has good taste in decorating...and not so many brushes--I haven't painted in years and I still have almost that many! :laughing: Brushes are like dogs and potato chips--you can't just have one. :D

Love the role reversal pics! :lovestruck:

Goldfields February 17th, 2014 11:45 PM

You paint, Hazel, how super. What do you prefer to paint and can I see some of your work?

hazelrunpack February 18th, 2014 11:18 AM

Hmmmmm...not sure if I have any photos online, but I'll look for some. Haven't painted in years. Mostly, I do birds...and dogs. LOL Shocker, eh? :D

lindapalm February 18th, 2014 02:46 PM

Goldfields, it was 15 below zero here last night, you need to post some of your flower pictures so I know at least one person is enjoying good weather and the color green