Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost cat in Dorval PQ,shaved as a lion. REWARD! ~ Cat was found! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=81619)

Bredandtony July 16th, 2012 04:06 PM

Lost cat in Dorval PQ,shaved as a lion. REWARD! ~ Cat was found!

1 Attachment(s)
[B]SAM IS BACK!!![/B]
Thank you all who was trying to help. My Sam is back, exhausted, bones and skin but seems only that. Security workers of Dorval has helped me to find my baby!!
Very happy :)
Brenda

growler~GateKeeper July 17th, 2012 12:08 AM

If you can put his litterbox and/or a worn but unwashed t shirt or pair of smelly shoes of yours out on the deck this may help lead him home

Go around the neighbourhood at dusk/dawn calling him, rattling a treat container or tap a spoon on his dish or tin of food. Bring a flashlight to pick up the shine off his eyes from under cars/decks/bushes or up trees.

If you can poster the neighbourhood, plus leave one w/ local businesses, schools, pet supply stores, grocery stores, bus stops, vets & all animal shelters in the area that will help garner attention that this kitty has a home who wants him back

Please visit the animal shelters in person often times the shelters are understaffed/over worked with so many animals/requests etc they may not have the time to personally look into each phone call or an emergency/something comes up in the meantime & the request gets overlooked.

Going in person means you can visit & identify the cat right away, if an animal comes in terrified it may act out of character & be labeled as sick or a feral and not be placed with the general population please ask to see these areas as well.

Good luck & :goodvibes:

Bredandtony July 17th, 2012 09:28 AM

Thank you growler~GateKeeper for care. My husband looking and calling for Sam almost day and night. Posts are up there. But I learn very valuable tip from your reply! to go in person to shelters and look in deferent department for my cat.
Thank you very much!
Sincere Brenda

cpietra16 July 17th, 2012 12:05 PM

please make sure you ask your neighbours to look inside their sheds, garages, pools, etc....with the heat in the last few days, cats want to find shade....the best time to look for your kitty is at dawn or after dark...when all is quiet...if he is injured he will stay in hiding until he feels safe from predators...I live in Pointe Claire , but know your area well...let me know if you need help. Good luck

Bredandtony July 17th, 2012 08:45 PM

Thank you cpietra16!
No luck so far. Tomorrow putting up new posters even in Lachine.

Bredandtony July 17th, 2012 11:26 PM

Sam is back!!!

Thank you all who was trying to help. My Sam is back, exhausted, bones and skin but seems only that. Security workers of Dorval has helped me to find my baby!!
Very happy :crazy:

growler~GateKeeper July 18th, 2012 12:03 AM

Wonderful news! :thumbs up :highfive:

Thread title updated.

cpietra16 July 18th, 2012 08:42 AM

Fantastic news...:thumbs up

Dog Dancer July 18th, 2012 01:40 PM

So glad to hear your cat is back home, safe and sound. Thank you for letting us know.:thumbs up

Barkingdog July 18th, 2012 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=Bredandtony;1043244]Thank you all who was trying to help. My Sam is back, exhausted, bones and skin but seems only that. Security workers of Dorval has helped me to find my baby!!
Very happy :crazy:[/QUOTE]

That is great news! Are you going to bring him to the vet for a check up?

Bredandtony July 19th, 2012 03:45 PM

So far Sam is acting the same. Just very painful to look at him. Very skinny! He is eating his favorite raw meet, drink water, not much can food. But yes, I am planing to bring him to his vet. Just to be safe. Thank you all of you, it is very very nice of you!!!
Sincere
Brenda

Barkingdog July 19th, 2012 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=Bredandtony;1043332]So far Sam is acting the same. Just very painful to look at him. Very skinny! He is eating his favorite raw meet, drink water, not much can food. But yes, I am planing to bring him to his vet. Just to be safe. Thank you all of you, it is very very nice of you!!!
Sincere
Brenda[/QUOTE]

I would bring a stool sample so it can be tested for worms. You never know what Sam ate when he was lost.

BenMax July 20th, 2012 11:02 AM

Great news.

marko July 20th, 2012 11:17 AM

woohoo that is great news :highfive:

Dog Dancer July 20th, 2012 11:23 AM

Brenda, I hope you consider sticking around as a member of the board. We'd love to see more pics of your kitty once he's back to health. Good luck at the vet's.