Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Freepay ads (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30697)

OntarioGreys September 14th, 2006 10:33 AM

Freepay ads

:mad: The ads from freepay here are taking me to another page "congratulations you have won this......etc" I am not clicking on anything, it is doing it automatically when I use the back button to get back to pets.ca half the time my internet explorer closes, it is gettting friggin annoying having to relaunch again to come back here or losing a response I am midway finished typing, like happened once just trying to send this message. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

THe ads are in the headers like the Xbox one, I don;t know if this is happening to anyone else but for it is only happening when I am at this site

JoshLauraMcGirr September 14th, 2006 10:37 AM

The only add that is showing on my computer is the pets.ca addicted to animals banner. ??? Are you using a different browser, just wondering. Cause thats really weird that its only showing up on yours.:shrug:

marko September 14th, 2006 10:39 AM

This is happening to ME too. It is annoying and it in NOT how the ads are supposed to work. I have already called the persons in charge to look into this.

For the future if you describe the ad in good detail that is doing this I can try to block it. Even better - send me the destination URL and I will block it immediately (or the next time I'm online)

UPDATE 11:50 AM Sept. 14, 2006 - I have just tried to block that ad in question. Please let me know if it show up again.

Sorry for the hassle.

Marko

badger September 14th, 2006 11:07 AM

This happens to me alot. These guys are too clever by half. Have you noticed how the ads at the bottom of the page pick up on subjects in the thread (and not just the titles)? I have good software against pop-ups but clearly it is no match for our sponsors.

OntarioGreys September 14th, 2006 11:25 AM

A couple of the freepay ads

The one with the groundhog popping up and down, says (shoot the groundhog and get a free laptop)

The other has bugs crawling around says "kill the bug" and something like win a free xbox. (this is the ad that if I am on the page gives me the most grief)

Shoot the jet (building with red target and plane)

I

marko September 14th, 2006 12:24 PM

Thanks for that extra info OG.

All 3 are permanently blocked. If anyone notices any more please let me know. It is NOT supposed to happen.

Thanks

marko

Stacer September 14th, 2006 05:33 PM

I have never seen any of these ads. Are they pop ups? I must have a good blocker.

rainbow September 14th, 2006 06:09 PM

I've never seen any of them either. :shrug:

OntarioGreys September 15th, 2006 10:11 PM

Working great now :thumbs up with the ads blocked, at first I thought the problem was on my computer so changed pop up stoppers and ran the adware programs I have installed but was still having problems which I why I posted, I started noticing it only happened on certain pages that had the freepay ads, but since they keep rotating I was unable to say what posts it was occuring on.