Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You Know FB Can Be Really Cool!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=78665)

pattymac September 17th, 2011 11:09 AM

You Know FB Can Be Really Cool!!

Most of the people who I talk to on FB are dog people, yesterday I pulled up a friends recommended list and wow all my fave dog people so I went through and picked a bunch of them...so cool to be able to ask questions to people like Pam Dennison, etc. I asked a question on Kyra Sundance's page, she's awesome and does the trick training and she answered way cool!!!

kigndano September 18th, 2011 06:26 AM

social networking

ew

hazelrunpack September 18th, 2011 09:50 AM

I've been doing the same for photog sites, pattymac. Let my friends do all the work finding them, then glom onto the pages! :laughing: :o Saves me time if I just do a little snooping. :D Haven't asked many questions, though. I should look up some of the training pages, too--maybe pick up a few new techniques for our pack of little gremlins. :thumbs up

14+kitties September 18th, 2011 10:38 AM

FB is a wonderful place to find folks of like mind. My gang has their own page on FB now. It's great. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that there are snoopers out there who tend to only want to cause trouble.... It's too bad. Lots of good pages have gotten wrecked because of snoopers/hackers/etc.

hazelrunpack September 18th, 2011 11:07 AM

You have it set up as a page? Can you set it up as a group instead, 14+? If you're having trouble with snoopers, you can set the group up so that new members need to ask to join. They can still see the page, but can't post unless you add them. :shrug:

14+kitties September 18th, 2011 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1024500]You have it set up as a page? Can you set it up as a group instead, 14+? If you're having trouble with snoopers, you can set the group up so that new members need to ask to join. They can still see the page, but can't post unless you add them. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I used "page" as a figure of speech hazel. It is actually not even a "group". :D I didn't say specifically that[I] I[/I] have had trouble with snoopers. But similar "pages" have. There are always the nay sayers that want to come in and cause problems. I can ban anyone who wants to cause problems on my page. I can also report them to FB and have their account and any other linked account banned if need be.
It's the same as a forum actually. There's the people who want to cause trouble and then there's the ones who get rid of the trouble makers. Pretty much use the same criteria too. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack September 18th, 2011 03:33 PM

Well, that's a good thing. :D I have some FB friends who changed from using pages to using groups so they could better control who participated. It's really too bad that some people like to cause trouble that way. :(