Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet product reviews - dog products (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Rippys (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68994)

Melinda March 17th, 2010 07:02 AM

Rippys

Aunt Kandy sent Brina the greatest toy!!!! its called a "rippy" a pink pig that has very strong velcro, the arms, legs and the head are attached to the body with the velcro and allows the dog to "rip" it off, man Brina went at it with a vengence last night and once all 5 pieces were removed she'd bring me the body to reattach it all *L* kept her busy through all of idol last night................only one flaw:frustrated: *L* the pig "grunts"......a lot...and loud...hubby says Kandy did it on purpose to match the elephant van toy Beagle mum sent her at xmas *L* he thinks they sent them as revenge on him for some reason!!
[IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/IMG_1560.jpg[/IMG]

hazelrunpack March 17th, 2010 09:08 AM

:laughing:

Oh....or should that be :( :grouphug: ???

:D No...I love it! I think that is the greatest idea for a toy (well, maybe minus the grunt :o)!!! Is it stuffed with something, though? Cuz I'm pretty sure curious setter minds will want to explore each piece outside and in.... :o

Aunt Kandy is so good to Brina! :angel:

Melinda March 17th, 2010 09:15 AM

yes it is stuffed, but for some reason she had no interest in "destuffing" this one..maybe cause her need to pull apart was satisfied?? if even survived the night on the kitchen floor in one piece....well sort of, the head and one leg was on the couch

Love4himies March 17th, 2010 09:22 AM

ONLY ONE PIC????????????? :yell: :frustrated: :mad: C'mon Melinda, as a senior member you know better than that! :mad: :laughing:

What an ingenious idea :lightbulb: Prevents having to sew up those poor stuffies. :thumbs up

ancientgirl March 17th, 2010 09:25 AM

:laughing:Looks like she's about to get ready for a massive throttling of that piggy when that picture was taken.

hazelrunpack March 17th, 2010 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;897230]if even survived the night on the kitchen floor in one piece....well sort of, the head and one leg was on the couch[/QUOTE]

:laughing:

Interesting that she hasn't tried to destuff the pieces! Another toy possibility to add to hazel's list. She's going to be a very popular person next time she comes back from the toy store. :thankyou:

Melinda March 17th, 2010 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;897239]:laughing:Looks like she's about to get ready for a massive throttling of that piggy when that picture was taken.[/QUOTE]
thats a look of guilt on her face AG, she didn't wait for me to pull it out of the delivery box, she stuck her big head in and stole it and was waiting for me to make a grab for it *L*

I'll get a pic of her tearing it apart, the noise from the velcro is very loud and really does give her the illusion (I think) that she's ripping material apart

Tundra_Queen March 17th, 2010 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=Melinda;897230]yes it is stuffed, but for some reason she had no interest in "destuffing" this one..maybe cause her need to pull apart was satisfied?? if even survived the night on the kitchen floor in one piece....well sort of, the head and one leg was on the couch[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:

Golden Girls March 18th, 2010 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;897237]ONLY ONE PIC????????????? :yell: :frustrated: :mad: [/QUOTE]I second that!

Melinda March 18th, 2010 08:53 AM

I should have taken a pic of hubs in bed this morning *L* he said he thought he was living a scene from the god father but instead of a horse head in his bed it was a pigs head!! *L* on his pillow.

Love4himies March 18th, 2010 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;897563]I should have taken a pic of hubs in bed this morning *L* he said he thought he was living a scene from the god father but instead of a horse head in his bed it was a pigs head!! *L* on his pillow.[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

kandy March 18th, 2010 05:30 PM

I'm glad Brina likes the toy!!!! I thought the idea was cool, but I thought I'd let Brina test it out before I try to see if it would survive in my house. I'm thinking Malone would make it his personal mission to remove the 'grunter' from it.

And tell your sweet hubby that the toy involves no revenge for anything. LOL I just don't think about how annoying a toy will be, I think about how much the particular doggy will enjoy it. And yes, I have some toys that I've bought my crew that I kick myself for buying because they are so loud that I'm sure my neighbors think I'm torturing small children in my home. I've had people on the phone say "What on earth is that noise??" LOL

luckypenny March 18th, 2010 06:42 PM

I love, love, love the look on Brina's face :goodvibes: :cloud9:.

Sounds like a real neat toy and concept :thumbs up....[SIZE="1"]runs to add it to Penny's six paws length wish list.[/SIZE]

babymomma March 22nd, 2010 09:23 PM

Ohhhh ! Thats a good toy for keely!

I wonder if you can order them off the interwebz? (chances of finding one in central newfoundland is slim to none. )

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 09:57 PM

One measly picture :( :D.

What a great idea and it looks like a real hit with Brina :thumbs up. I think I will put that one on the must-have list for Riley.

kandy March 24th, 2010 01:10 PM

I actually ordered that toy for Brina from the Animal Rescue Site, so I'm sure you can find them on the web easily.

serenamlambe June 2nd, 2010 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=babymomma;899590]Ohhhh ! Thats a good toy for keely!

I wonder if you can order them off the interwebz? (chances of finding one in central newfoundland is slim to none. )[/QUOTE]

Have you been to Patches Pet Supply in Grand Falls-Windsor? I have been there a few times when I go home to visit the 'rents and it's great! The staff is super friendly too, and I bet they'd help you get this item :)

I almost like Patches better than some of the pet stores in St. John's!