Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello We are new here also (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75277)

groundwire February 14th, 2011 12:46 PM

Hello We are new here also

I am Sandy and I am here along w/ my best friend ever Matsi Oyesa
I have been looking every where to find somewhere there were people going threw what Matsi and I are.
Matsi is my Husky/Chow and is 9 yrs old. This perfact little lady saved my life when she was a baby. I fell head over heels in love w/her. I had always been a Cat person until I met her.
I just never knew how much a best friend could love you , and How very much I could love her.It hurts my heart when she isnt feeling good.
She makes me smile so much everyday. I thank her for this:angel:

Melinda February 14th, 2011 12:57 PM

welcome groundwire! you have to tell us more about how your pupper saved your life!! and a pic would be wonderful.

Sylvie February 14th, 2011 01:29 PM

Welcome to the site. She sounds like a wonderful girl. Yes, you will have to tell us more. :D

Dee-O-Gee February 14th, 2011 10:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to hearing stories Matsi and....

[ATTACH]72194[/ATTACH]

Sorry, not trying to be too forceful! :D

groundwire February 15th, 2011 12:21 PM

More about Matsi

[QUOTE=Melinda;985579]welcome groundwire! you have to tell us more about how your pupper saved your life!! and a pic would be wonderful.[/QUOTE]

I have posted some pictures of Matsi. Sorry I am having a little bit of a challenge learning the site.
Matsi is my 9 1/2 yr old , who I have gotten when she was a baby. I worked at a Humane Soc in a rule county and well they wanted to put her down because they wasnt sure what she was. Which to this day is in Question , even w/my vet. It is more likely she is Hi-Bred ( wolf /dog)
That doesnt matter. When I seen her I just fell in love. I never owned a best friend before. I was just a alot on the suicidal side back then, and when I met Matsi ,She taught me how to Live, Love and the true meaning of the word Love. She saved me from myself. Together we have saved the life of many other animals of all kinds. We have even gone after a Tiger together that was in a apt w/2 little kids. Matsi has brought so much happiness to me. I would do anything for her, go any where for her. Matsi taught me how to live and she has been beside me all the way. I have been disabled now for about 5 yrs and I really enjoy it because she is by my side. If I go some where she goes ( minus the grocery), It has always been if she isnt welcome I am not either. I dont think there isnt anything we cannot do togther.
I really never knew how having a best friend would change my life. I have always loved animals but didnt want to commit until her.
She wasnt raised w/ kids but she sure loves them, We even bottle fed a litter of puppies and she jumped right in and was mommie, except I did the feeding. Matsi has the sweetiest personality. When I was on a walker for a short time she walked beside me , she learned to handle the handicap equipment just fine. I lived on a 2nd floor apt , she was perfact about us getting up and down. If I would fall outside she would come over and kiss me, walk away potty then come back and help me get to my feet. I never knew a dog could be so cool.We have been threw alot but we are still together , stronger than ever.
I guess I dont just love my best friend , You could say I am in love w/her. I have never had a relationship last this long in my life and I wouldnt trade it for the world. She makes me smile every day and the love from her is like no other.
I just thank god I was working there when she came in , cause she wouldnt be here today, nor would I.
That is our story

Love4himies February 15th, 2011 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=groundwire;985769]I have posted some pictures of Matsi. Sorry I am having a little bit of a challenge learning the site.
Matsi is my 9 1/2 yr old , who I have gotten when she was a baby. I worked at a Humane Soc in a rule county and well they wanted to put her down because they wasnt sure what she was. Which to this day is in Question , even w/my vet. It is more likely she is Hi-Bred ( wolf /dog)
That doesnt matter. When I seen her I just fell in love. I never owned a best friend before. I was just a alot on the suicidal side back then, and when I met Matsi ,She taught me how to Live, Love and the true meaning of the word Love. She saved me from myself. Together we have saved the life of many other animals of all kinds. We have even gone after a Tiger together that was in a apt w/2 little kids. Matsi has brought so much happiness to me. I would do anything for her, go any where for her. Matsi taught me how to live and she has been beside me all the way. I have been disabled now for about 5 yrs and I really enjoy it because she is by my side. If I go some where she goes ( minus the grocery), It has always been if she isnt welcome I am not either. I dont think there isnt anything we cannot do togther.
I really never knew how having a best friend would change my life. I have always loved animals but didnt want to commit until her.
She wasnt raised w/ kids but she sure loves them, We even bottle fed a litter of puppies and she jumped right in and was mommie, except I did the feeding. Matsi has the sweetiest personality. When I was on a walker for a short time she walked beside me , she learned to handle the handicap equipment just fine. I lived on a 2nd floor apt , she was perfact about us getting up and down. If I would fall outside she would come over and kiss me, walk away potty then come back and help me get to my feet. I never knew a dog could be so cool.We have been threw alot but we are still together , stronger than ever.
I guess I dont just love my best friend , You could say I am in love w/her. I have never had a relationship last this long in my life and I wouldnt trade it for the world. She makes me smile every day and the love from her is like no other.
I just thank god I was working there when she came in , cause she wouldnt be here today, nor would I.
That is our story[/QUOTE]

Oh what a wonderful story :cry: :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. It sounds like you saved each other's lives. :lovestruck:

Animals are so amazing in their unconditional love, it is a pure love the is rarely seen in humans, except between a mother and child.

Melinda February 15th, 2011 02:02 PM

I just went to look at your pictures of her, she is gorgeous!!!

Tundra_Queen February 15th, 2011 09:40 PM

Hi

Welcome to the forum!!

Dee-O-Gee February 15th, 2011 10:58 PM

So Matsi is a cheddar cube fan eh? :D

What a beautiful girl and you've written a beautiful heart felt story. Once again, welcome to the forum and more pictures of your little girl will always be more than welcomed! :)

hazelrunpack February 20th, 2011 09:04 PM

Holy catz, Matsi is [I]gorgeous!!![/I] Welcome to the board, both of you--and more pictures would indeed be welcome!!!!

groundwire February 22nd, 2011 12:02 PM

She is a knock out, that is why I fell in love w/her when I seen her

Sorry I havent answered anyone sence last week. But Matsi had a procedure done on her nose last Wednesday the 16th. She had a large mass in the left side. Went to the Speicalist and got her nose Scoped and the Mass removed , waitting for the biopsy now. The speicalist said he is more than sure it is Cancer. But I am not believing it at all. I just dont know what I will do if it is. I had a fund raiser for her so she could get this thing out of her nose. She was having a Pink colored snot and her breathing was rough and I noticed the bump on her nose. Not 1 doctor would believe me, let alone my male companion. The doctors took pictures of her chest, wow what does that have to do w/her nose ( nothing ) Then all they say is * I dont know but she has labored breathing* So she got put on steroids, it stopped for awhile but the bump was getting bigger.I took her back to the doctor 3 more times in 2010, finally in January , back to the doctor and he said he needs to scope her nose. Then said he cannot do it. So I found another doctor who said they could , all this one did was a radiograph of her nose and we seen the mass. But they didnt want to mess w/it. So by now I am steaming mad. Finally I found someone who would do it , now I have to have half the $ up frount before they will look at her.So I am contacting anyone from coast to coast - north to south and all pionts inbetween to find some help cause I am disabled on a fixed income. So I find a site where I can do a fund raiser, that was a big flop. My signif. other came up w/ the $ . Now we are sitting here. I might be able to get Matsi the help from a Cancer fund. But that is only if treatment cane give her 1 to 2 more yrs . I am waitting to find that out now.
The doctor did tell me last week , that if I wanst able to get her nose scoped she would only have 3 to 6 months. But w/ getting it scoped and removed possibly 9 months, and I dont know how long w/ the treatment.
I have been in the floor w/ my baby for days now. Let me tell you it is heck on my body, I am loosing all the cartlige in my body and alot of othet stuff. I dont care I have to baby my girl and give her the best care known to man by me.
I am so scared.I sit and rub her head and kiss her face trying to hide it all inside. I dont know what I will do if anything happens to her. We make her steaks or anything else she wants ( cheap ones but still ) He goes out and buys her organic gormet dog food and will help me w/her when I need it. Which is usually only to go to the restroom. Her nose has been bleeding from the procedure, they said it will for a few days. It has slowed down to like 98% I just dont want her hitting her nose when she starts to sneeze.
I have read some stories on this web site about other people and thier dogs going threw stuff like we are now.
I just dont know how you can be so strong, Matsi means more to me than anything. It kills me when she has her neck stretched out like a turtle to get more air I guess.
Has anyone gone threw Radiation Theropy w/ thier dog ? I am kinda curious as to what we are in store for and is it worth it ? I have read stuff on other web sites about it but threre isnt anything from a actual person who has been threw it. I dont want to hurt her and at the same time I dont know if I could handle loosing her. It has been just me and her alone for so many years, I can actually say I do love my girl.
My man says he was to get me a puppy before Matsi goes so she can show the puppy how to be a perfact kid like herself. I turned him down, I dont want to bring another dog into my life right now. She needs all my attention and I dont want her to think she is being replaced. In the same breath I dont know if i really want another dog. This pain is so tough.
I am Bi-Polar and suffer from Anxiety and I just dont think I can take it.
It was nice to offer but No
Matsi is my first dog ever, I always was a Cat person, but when I seen her when she was 8 wks old I was hooked.
Thank you to all who says she is beautiful. I know she is and she makes my heart so happy.
If anyone has been threw this Tumor stuff please tell me how to handle it.
I dont have anyone to talk to about it. Everyone I know have animals but not 1 of them are like I am w/ them.
I really like this site. Everyone seems so nice.
Thank you for making us feel welcome.
I need to get going so I can take care of my baby:wall:

chico2 February 22nd, 2011 12:30 PM

Groundwire,Matsi is a beautiful girl,your story tells how much you love her and I think most of us here understand how strong the love for our animal-friends is.
I am hoping Matsi does not have Cancer,I could not really see if there was a definete answer.
We have several people here who have dealt with cancer in their animals,myself included.
Losing an animal to this horrid disease is heartbreaking,but something we have to deal with,I only hope you have a lot of support to carry Matsi and yourself through this.:grouphug:

groundwire February 24th, 2011 11:55 AM

Well I got the worst news of my life yesterday morning. I am such a wreck and try not to let her see it in me but it is so hard. They said it is a Nasal Carcinoma and prolet diferenchated.( very agressive) Short terms she has 2 to 4 months w/out Radiation Theropy. If we can quilify for it she can get 18 months. I have had the Dog and Cat Cancer fund on hold for almost a month, and yesterday they got all the fax. So it is in thier hands.God this isnt fair. I can say all 3 of her doctors didnt let any grass grow under thier feet about faxing all thier info to Cancer fund. I feel like my heart has been torn out of my chest. How did you deal w/it. I have come to a conclusion that she will not be left alone at all. If we go somewhere she goes and someone will stay in the cr w/her if it is at a store. I am afraid to let her be alone. I just want her to know she is by her self.I have been also checking out creamation and looking at urns. This hurts so bad, but I decided when I first got her we would be together always. Who ever went first had to come home and wait for the other. Finally in the end we go together. Right now I have to get off here I am on my way to the doc so I can get something to calm me down, these anxiety attacks are feeling like heart attacks. I have to get calmed down
I will get back on here when Matsi and I get home. God this really sucks and hurst so freaking bad. I wish it was me instead of her. Matsi is really my life

chico2 February 24th, 2011 12:17 PM

Groundwire,I am so very sorry:grouphug:to you and Matsi,the two of you will be in my thoughts and hoping for a miracle:fingerscr:goodvibes:

BenMax February 24th, 2011 12:40 PM

Hi GroundWire. I have read about your love for you companion dog, and my heart is heavy for you.
Many of us here on this forum have lost a furbabe for various reasons. Cancer happens to be on of them. I have lost and I am losing one currently.
I think the biggest impact was losing my rottie Ben to cancer. It was relentless and with everything that I tried, it was obvious that I could do nothing to cure him. I decided to love him and remain upbeat as it gave me time to celebrate him during existance. I know he lavished in all the little extras given to him. I am also certain he did not know why..but he readily accepted them :).

Animals are the purest form of existance in my opinion. They teach us and guide us especially when we are vulnerable. They have such powers over those that appreciate their uniqueness and individuality. In your case, you both saved one another. This will continue for years to come as the legacy of our existance and those of our pets live on for years to come.

Do what you have to do. Love your baby for as long as that may be. Miracles do happen so never loose hope but be realistic as well.

As you are aware we all live off of vibes given and received. Remain in a calm state, just keep treating your furbabe as you always have. Animals can sense every emotion, and though it is difficult to mask, celebrate everyday.

Keep us updated. We are here if you need to talk.

hazelrunpack February 24th, 2011 08:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your Matsi, groundwire. :grouphug: My heart aches for you. We lost a dog to nasal cancer, as well.

There are several threads on the board that include other people's stories about this sad disease and that might be helpful for you--this [URL="http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44407"]thread[/URL] contains some info on what to expect and tips on how to make your dog more comfortable. I'll warn you ahead of time, though, that the stories are mostly very sad :(

Cherish every moment with Matsi. Make your decisions with her best interest at heart and you can't go wrong. I hope you have more time with her than anyone expects! :grouphug:

And BenMax is right--we're here if you need someone to talk to! Please lean on us if things get overwhelming for you, or even if you just feel the desire to talk. This board can be a very supportive place...

You and Matsi will be in my thoughts and prayers...

groundwire February 26th, 2011 03:45 PM

Thank you for all your kind words. It does help talking to someone who knows how I feel about my girl and what we are going threw. I am still waitting to hear from the Cancer Fund, It feels like this is the longest weekend of my life. Please tell me what happens from here. What I mean is does the pink snot stay and get worse , I would really like to know the stages as hard as it is I know that I need to face this head on. Matsi acts like she isnt feeling to great today , I will not leave her side. I have read some stories of dogs having bactoria infections in thier noses and other sad stories. I am looking for the Miricle to happen. I have told my friends to pray thier little butts off. I am so sorry that you have lost your firends also to this horrible disease. I just dont understand why the innocent ones go away and all the evil and bad keep going on and on. I have said to a close friend that Matsi is my guardian angel here and will continue after she has to leave me, This is the only way I can even begain to think after all this bad news. I have read what you have written and this is the only way I can get up each day and go threw this w/my baby. It still doesnt help the pain though.. I guess no news is good news w/ the Cancer Fund. Please if it doesnt hurt you too much tell what the stages are that we will be going threw. Did your loved one have as much time as her ( the 2 to 4 months) or longer. I am just afraid to go into the dark w/out a little knolage of what to expect. I keep putting new pictures of her when I sign in to the site. I look forward to talking to you again
Oh and thank you for the encouraging words, I really do need it. Cross your fingers that Monday we get good news from the Cancer Fund

chico2 February 26th, 2011 04:41 PM

Awww GW:grouphug:
We can only hope that the mass is not cancerous:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:that your vet is wrong.
I have no experience with this type of cancer,so I am no help.
However I have had several animals with cancer,my boy Rocky(cat)my soulmate left me in sept last year,because of Thyroid-cancer.:(

hazelrunpack February 26th, 2011 07:56 PM

Unfortunately, it's hard to predict how the disease will progress in Matsi, groundwire. :grouphug: I know that doesn't help... Treatment may help immensely or not at all. Our Priscilla's nosebleeds came more and more frequently toward the end, but she didn't seem to suffer from a lot of discomfort from the cancer. Other dogs feel more. It's just so hard to say how it will go with Matsi. :grouphug:

Regardless, please know that there are many prayers being offered for the both of you and you're in my thoughts every day. Keep in mind that she doesn't know she has cancer and will live each of her days to the fullest. Keep positive when you're around her if you can--she'll sense your mood and worry about you if you're sad. There will be time for your grief later--right now she wants you to enjoy your time together as much as she does! Make your decisions with her best interest in mind and love in your heart and you can't go wrong.

And please, please, please come to talk here if you feel overwhelmed. It's such a hard thing to go through, but so many here can relate. :2huggers:

I hope you get good news from the Cancer Fund :fingerscr

groundwire March 1st, 2011 03:56 PM

I just dont know what to do w/myself. I wantch her stick her neck out like a Turtle as if she is trying to get more air in ,that kills me. I have been in contact w/The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund , but they say I need to have the Cancer removed then we can do Radiation if I still want. Like I have told them the Speicalist had removed all they could . I dont know, I feel like my back is up against the wall. Everywhere I turn I seem to run into a brick wall. I have also applied started to apply at the Mosby Fund. It looks like I will just have to start planning her cremation. I just hate the thought of that.
We have been trying to keep everything as normal as possible. My male companion has 2 dogs and we have had to seperate his lab from Matsi. His dog is pretty pushy w/all animals.
I know we are gonna have to stiffen our upper lip and just do what we have to.
The only thing that has changed is we take her bye bye more and more. I am just afraid to come her and she be gone. So with me trying to get help threw theses Funds ,I also started up a on line Fund raiser and I am trying to figure out how to advertise on facebook too.
My baby wants to go lay down for a nap, so I will take and go w/her as I always do.
Thank you for the talk

hazelrunpack March 2nd, 2011 03:53 PM

It's always a difficult time, groundwire. :grouphug: I don't envy you the decisions you'll have to make. I know you'll find the strength you need to get through this, out of love for your Matsi.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

groundwire March 8th, 2011 01:22 PM

Hello, sorry I havent been on line but I got myself stuck in research for Matsi. I found a book called Curing Canine Cancer, then went on a herbal hunt. I am putting her on alternative medicine (Native american).One of the things she is going on is Essiac, I had breast cancer oh some 15 yrs ago and used this and it does work, I am clean ,it ate up the cancer like a worm medicine for dogs. I found a herbal store and they use Essiac also for the same reason , she will also be on all natural stuff for her immune system and others. I have taken her off store bought dog food, so she will be all natural there also. I know the alternative medicine works on humans . The vet I have talked to says this will be my best bet,espically if I cannot afford the Radiation and I am not to over joyed about giving her that stuff in her system. I am trying to keep the positive attitude going.
This store I found is called ** Only Natural Pet Store **
It has been nuts here also. My daughter went into early labor w/her 3rd child, the baby come 10 wks to early, Then she had to stay in the hosiptal w/problems from that and her husband is in for kidney stones ,then her 2 yr old is in the hosiptal w/what they think is cat scratch fever, then her 4 yr old got staff. Gee the whole family is all in the hosiptal except the 4 yr old ,she got out. But the baby is doing great, really fantastic. He will be there til the end of April. Then we been dodging tornado's ,loading up all 3 dogs and running for the hills. We wont leave the animals behind, so I keep a bag packed all the time just incase we get wild weather, It is in the car so now all we have to do is just run. The last storm we had a few days ago, Matsi wouldnt get out of the car when we finally got home. So we have this process worked out when it has to be , I take my Matsi and his Havanese ( Phoebe ) and get to the car then he follows w/his lab, By the time he gets in the car I have the gates open and car running so lets just go. We have also been getting rid of anything that could hurt her immune system. No cleaners w/ chemicals , strictly bidegradable, all over the house., while doing this we decided to do spring cleaning to , get rid of alot of stuff.. I have had my hips and back locked up on me, no matter how much morphine and muscle relaxers I take it doesnt come loose, and then I got my baby walking me around. When she was a baby I would hold her tail and she would walk me everywhere. So now she helps me get threw the house in the dark or just to get some play time in. She has been so wonderful w/ all my disabilitys, I should of gotten her to be a theropy dog threw the state, but she does just fine like we are. She has been on bynadril at night ,it seems to help her breath and sleep better. That is about all she takes though. She is having good and bad days, what gets me worried is when she will not eat everyday. One day she will take just a couple small bites and the nexted day she eat like a horse. I do keep chicken brooth in the water bowl though. At least she is getting something. I am sure you have been all threw the places I am looking for something for our babies cancer, but I will say it is worth looking at this Natural Pet Store I found. The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund wants her to have another operation before they will consider helping her. When we had her at the speicalist he took all out he could then, so we dont have a need to do it again. The hosiptal that would do the Radiation says that they need to do a scope and they know it has been done but they want to and at $1000 to do it again, I just cannot see it. We did all that it still cost $1000. it just seems they are wanting a piece of the pie. We have been threw all that and arent doing that again.So after getting discusted w/ it all, Is why I decided to go herabl. I hope all is well on your end. Say your prayers that this stuff works.

hazelrunpack March 8th, 2011 01:56 PM

Man, it doesn't rain but it pours, eh? :frustrated: I hope your family recovers well and everyone is home soon :grouphug:--and that the weather lets up a bit so you can unpack the car!! :eek:

Best wishes for all of you! I hope the herbal meds work for Matsi! :fingerscr Please keep us posted...and in the meanwhile, stay safe!!! :goodvibes:

chico2 March 8th, 2011 05:09 PM

OMG Groundwire,it has certainly poured and on top of everything you have to worry about storms:evil:
Reading what you write,you seem to me to be a strong person,you would have to be,to live through all that and Matsi is very lucky to have you,I am sure you also feel lucky to have her:grouphug:
Who knows,maybe what you are doing for Matsi now,will give her a lot more time,we never really know,do we and miracles can happen..:pray:
Hopefully there will e no Tornadoes or anything like it:pray:

groundwire March 11th, 2011 01:02 PM

Finally all the wicked weather has long gone now, but I still have thta bag packed permanitly now. Everyone is out of the Hosiptal now and doing great. But the baby will be there til the end of April. But that little man is doing Fantactic, he has been nursing on a bottle and no more tubes going in him from every where,
But I have a new one w/ Matsi. My baby loves to go shopping at Petsmart , we took her there 2 day's ago and soon as we walked in she started sneezing , Blood went everywhere, so I turned her around took her back to the car, and Chris he cleaned it all up in the store. She loves so much to go shopping and it broke my heart to see the look on her face ,it was like she was saying * what did I do mom*.
So we took her for a good drive, I know she gets depressed so we take her to the store to lift up her spirits, and so she doesnt think that every time she gets in the car she is gonna go to the doctor and get poked and probed. Her nose has been bleeding alot more the last 3 days, Her sheet on her bed is got blood all over it in small spots. I called the Oncologist and he said to just give her nose drops. That helps for a couple hours but I also give her Bynedril at night so she can breath better too.
I wont leave her by herself still unless the bllod snot is gone, then I run to the store real fast and get right back. She isnt sleeping very good at night ,so she stays at my feet when I am on the computer and falls asleep there . Last night she was up about 3 am and came to lay down at the frount door, she was breathing so weird I couldnt tell if she was even getting any air. So I crawled in the floor w/her so I could hold her and feel if she was.
Is the more blood thing part of this Cancer, I dont know but I guess.. Has any one dealt w/ more blood ? She looked at me last night like * mom I dont feel good*, I just held her and told her if she just wants to go ahead and go to sleep I will be ok and I will keep her home w/me. She just looked at me and winked.Her Herbal meds arent in yet, I wish they would hurry up. My companion Chris gets mad at me alot cause I will not go alot of places cause of Matsi. My daughter doesnt understand it either, why I just wont leave Matsi alone. I did go out yesterday after I got the nose to settle down, and got all bio cleaning products , everything around this house is going Eco friendly. I have to also cause of Matsi, The chemicals are bad for her to breathe. If you can tell me once this bleeding starts in again like it has is this a sign for the worst ? My Oncologist just says if the drops dont work bring her back in. They all ( her doctors) have pretty much written her off. The vet (herbal ) hasnt though.
My meds are finally keeping me calmed down ,thank god . I am not sure but I would bet that Matsi does know what is going on, SShe is more human than dog, she understands so much of what I say to her, and when I go to spell certain words she knows what they are. I just keep telling her how very much I love her and I have always told her everthing that goes on w/her medical, I just feel like she needs to know what is going on . I just dont know no more.
I have a Medicine Woman who does alot of my meds , she said she can cook all the herbs down for Matsi , so that we can save about 100$ a month on buying them from the herbal store. All it will cost me is gas to go get them. It is really kinda nice to have a herbalist around.
I never knew there was so much Cancer in the animal world until now. It just isnt right for them to get the nasty stuff, or anyone else for that part. Wow there are so many animals though.
Hope all is fine w/you all , and all your furry friends are doing better.
I have to go I need to make arrangements as a just incase it does happen instead of waitting for it.I am gonna bring her back home to me if it does happen. God I hate to think about that. I pray it doesnt. I have posted some new picture of her, and I am gonna get her baby picture up there to.

BenMax March 11th, 2011 01:16 PM

This saddens me as I know you are desperate for a positive turnaround. I hope that it does.
You need to continue living your life as normal as possible however. I know you want to be with her 24/7 but it is not healthy for you. Remember that she will know something is wrong if you change your routine drastically. The best thing for her is to treat her as you normally do. If you worry..she feels it and she worries which can cause upset. She will feed off of your energy.

Unfortunately we cannot keep our furbabes forever..I so wish we could.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Remain positive and as up beat as possible. This is the healthy way for you both mentally to deal with all of the obstacles that you are facing.:grouphug:

chico2 March 11th, 2011 04:54 PM

groundwire,all I can say is,I am thinking of you and Matsi,I know how very difficult it is,to watch the animal you love so very much get sicker.
Cancer is a horrid disease and yes,many animals get it in one form or an other.
I've had 3 cats who died from cancer:(

BenMax is right,try to stay positive around him,animals can really pick up on your sadness and it stresses them more,it might be easier said than done though.

dbg10 March 11th, 2011 06:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the new problems you are having. :(

I agree with BenMax and chico2 when an animal is sick it is very hard not to want to spend all your time with them. But when we change our routine around them they know there is something wrong as they take their cue's from us. You never know but Matsi may think she has done something wrong because of your change in routine. I know my pup always seems to jump to that conclusion when I start spending more time with him or cuddling at times and in places I didn't used to and he tries to cheer me up. :shrug:

There will be lots of time for grief later so please enjoy your puppy while you still can. She is beautiful. Sending lots of good vibes :goodvibes: and prayers :pray: your way :)

hazelrunpack March 12th, 2011 10:23 AM

:grouphug: I know how hard this is for you. Never lose hope, though. Focus on the moment and enjoy each day you have with Matsi.

[QUOTE=groundwire;992773]If you can tell me once this bleeding starts in again like it has is this a sign for the worst ? [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, in our experience, the bleeding [I]did[/I] get much worse toward the end. Despite our vet telling us to the contrary, let me warn you that it [I]is[/I] possible for a dog to 'bleed out' through the nose. It's hard to hear, I know, but I wish someone had told [I]us[/I] about that possibility ahead of time. :grouphug:

You're both in my thoughts and prayers, groundwire. And we're here if you need to talk. :2huggers:

groundwire March 13th, 2011 12:28 PM

Thank you for all the kind words, and for letting me know about the bleeding out. I kinda thought that in the back of my mind. For the last 6 yrs I have always spent all my time w/her cause of being takin out of the work place ( disabled ) so I know she is spoiled about being w/me all the time, except going to the doctor w/me. She really goes bye bye alot more now. If she feels good we take her to the doctor w/me and he will stay in the car w/her. Matsi has been doing alot of squeeky toy time again, she hasnt done this in about 3 yrs, When she was younger she would at 7pm on the nose pick up her toy and run threw the house squeeking like crazy it sounded like she was playing a tune, then we would throw it and one thing she does is so cute, I crawl over the top of her and do the 1 2 3 wrestling count down, before I get to 3 she is up and gone just smiling at me. She is doing all these things again. I dont know what her intensions are but it reminds me of when she was a baby. I always stop what I am doing and play w/her, when she is resting I crawl in the floor w/her and just rub her down, she puts her paw on my hand and cups it w/her nails. She just holds my hand. I wouldnt trade this stuff for nothing, she and I have always been close, I rember one night she and I were on our way home from a BBQ and we hit something, We pulled over ,it was a deer. Matsi and I got 3 in one hit. Pregnant mom, Matsi has never sat in the frount seat again unless there was no room for her in the back. I file taxes for rent I pay , so any way I got them in the other day , so I put 300 in Matsi's kitty, and then I went shopping and got a Purifer for the house This make 2, so the air she breaths is clean ,I also got one for the sink, she gets good water now. Just some changes to make all for her even more better. Even switched to Organic house hold cleaners so she doesnt have to breath Chemicals.
We finally got her first shipment of Herbal Medicine in yesterday, she has had 2 doses of Essiac now, I pray the stuff for her immune system gets here by Wednesday or Thusday.
We havent had anymore bad bleeds like that one day. Yes we have had the pink snot, She seems to snot real bad at night though. Last night was one of the better one though
I hope we start seeing some good changes from the Essiac w/in a week. I am such a firm believer in the Alternative medicine from experance it has to work.
But the other morning (3am) she was nexted to the frount door and I come to look for her, I just looked at her and told her that if it gets to be to much she can go ahead and go, and that I will bring her back home to me. That was a rough conversation. When she gets picky and wont eat I have a ace in the whole , She gets her own package of thin sliced steaks. I just go cook her up about 3 or 4 of them , guarenteed to work.
I am afraid that one day she will go out side to her favorite spot and just go there and me find her there.
All I can say it pray that this medicine works , I cannot get the Radiation for her, but I dont really think I can put her threw that because of some stuff I have read. Matsi is my first dog and I guess this is why I dont want her to go yet.
Did you get radiation or Chemo for your friends ?
Thank you for being honest w/me about all this Cancer stuff.