Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My newest project (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77443)

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:16 PM

My newest project

3 Attachment(s)
We got this old office trailer a while back for a pretty good price. Since then it's been a bit of a labour of love/hate to gut it, put in electricity, and do what I could to make it a home for some of the kitties that were in my house.
[ATTACH]74539[/ATTACH]
A couple of rooms before gutting.......

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And a few more before the gut.......

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So far I have done the large room, the bathroom, and one of the small rooms. There is still one more to go but I have called a halt to that so I can work on some much needed renos in the Catuary...
The "kitchen" - still needs some painting on doorways but that will wait.

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The "bathroom" or Benni's room. Benni is my kitty who doesn't like other cats so she gets her own room....

[ATTACH]74548[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]74549[/ATTACH]
With views into both rooms........
[ATTACH]74550[/ATTACH]

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And the largest of the three rooms. I moved the kitties in on Sat. So far it's a hit. I will take pics soon. As in - when I remember to buy new batteries. :o
Hope you enjoy.

hazelrunpack June 15th, 2011 09:30 PM

Oh, wow! Love all the hiding places! :cloud9: They must love them, too!! Did all the house kitties move in?

14+kitties June 15th, 2011 09:36 PM

No, I can't have a home with no kitties in it. TT, Dayle, and Mittens are still in the house.

Dee-O-Gee June 15th, 2011 09:50 PM

That's pretty kewl 14+! :thumbs up I like the views into both rooms, the couches and chairs look very comfy and Benni get's a pent house! :clap:

So when does the internet get installed? :D

pattymac June 15th, 2011 10:37 PM

Love it!! I could very happily live there!!

hazelrunpack June 15th, 2011 10:39 PM

Do TT, Dayle and Mittens seem to miss their buddies, or are they basking in the glow of having the Hoomanz all to themselves? :D

Claudia36oh June 15th, 2011 11:10 PM

That is so cool, you done a great job, bet there loving their new home :thumbs up

krdahmer June 16th, 2011 10:02 AM

haha knew you couldn't kick out that mittens!!!! :p and tt....like he's ever leaving your side! ;) so what do they think of all the extra space in the house now?

14+kitties June 16th, 2011 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1014015]Love it!! I could very happily live there!![/QUOTE]

The OH says he could as well but I'd have to move the cats back to the house. I asked him when. :D

[QUOTE=klmccallum;1014011]That's pretty kewl 14+! :thumbs up I like the views into both rooms, the couches and chairs look very comfy and Benni get's a pent house! :clap:
So when does the internet get installed? :D[/QUOTE]

If the internet was there I would probably never leave!

[QUOTE=krdahmer;1014076]haha knew you couldn't kick out that mittens!!!! :p and tt....like he's ever leaving your side! ;) so what do they think of all the extra space in the house now?[/QUOTE]

Nooo, Mr Mittens can't leave the house. He'd freak!! TT - he would be quite happy in the trailer. I've taken him over for a couple of "visits". He never wants to come back. But I need my sleeping buddy. The extra space is a hit for the kitties. Naddy in particular seems to really enjoy it. She asks for my attention now. :thumbs up Dayle has absolutely no interest in any other cats so the others not being here doesn't bother her. She would be perfect as a one only kitty as long as no one expected her to be a lap kitty.

Dog Dancer June 16th, 2011 11:12 AM

Good Lord Woman! You never stop! How happy the kitties must be with their new digs. Glad to hear your few kitties inside are happy with the new living arrangements too. I don't know where you get the energy though. You are such an angel for these kitties. You will surely be blessed.

edwina June 23rd, 2011 07:53 PM

Hmmmm...... that gives me ideas. :rolleyes: Dad's house is vacant on my land, and it would take alot to fix up for humans to live in it. And i already have one cat over there now with kittens, so i may try this. I dont really want to take on anymore new strays if i can help it, i cant afford it, but maybe some local shelters could use the space for there cats. :lightbulb:
Very nice by the way, i wouldnt mind living there either. :) :thumbs up

edwina July 14th, 2011 08:34 AM

Do you have any issues with the wire you put on the windows ? I have metal window screens in the windows at my dad's house and the female i have over there in one of the rooms with kittens tore a nice size hole in it. If that wire works for you , i think i will use it.

14+kitties July 14th, 2011 10:33 AM

Edwina - That wire is a very heavy duty wire to keep animals out of gardens and such. It pretty much stands up on its' own. I stapled it really well before adding the trim around. A kitty would have to be pretty strong to get through that stuff!!!
Donating your father's home to an animal rescue is a wonderful idea!! I bet you could even get a tax write off for it. Not sure how your laws work there. You could maintain control over it but let them use it. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

14+kitties July 14th, 2011 10:36 AM

DD - sorry I missed your comment. I haven't been around here much lately. Too busy with work, kitties, and their FB page. And no, I am not recruiting mods. :rolleyes:
I thank you mf. I know your statements come from the heart. :grouphug:

edwina July 14th, 2011 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;1017759]Edwina - That wire is a very heavy duty wire to keep animals out of gardens and such. It pretty much stands up on its' own. I stapled it really well before adding the trim around. A kitty would have to be pretty strong to get through that stuff!!!
Donating your father's home to an animal rescue is a wonderful idea!! I bet you could even get a tax write off for it. Not sure how your laws work there. You could maintain control over it but let them use it. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah i cant afford the heat in the house, but it has electricity, so i can run fans in the summer for them and i have the ability to turn the water on or off during the winter so it dont freeze. I think i will work on getting the rooms set up over the winter. I need to have a yard sale this year too, so that will get rid of some stuff that is in my way. I have some furniture over there now that isnt in the best condition, but would be great for the cats. Hopefully it will be cleaned up and ready to go by next spring. :) I am glad i got this idea from your trailer. I was wondering what to do with the house because of how much work would have to go into fixing it up to rent out, and how much it would cost to tare down. :thumbs up

Shaykeija July 14th, 2011 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;1017761]DD - sorry I missed your comment. I haven't been around here much lately. Too busy with work, kitties, and their FB page. And no, I am not recruiting mods. :rolleyes:
I thank you mf. I know your statements come from the heart. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

lol.....:D