Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Moka , 11 yr old girl , MTL (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48317)

Frenchy January 10th, 2008 12:10 PM

Moka , 11 yr old girl , MTL

2 Attachment(s)
Moka is a 11 yr old girl (Braque Allemand) that was dumped at the shelter for no apparent reason. :sad: She is patient and very sweet , calm but can still play. She is fully trained (obedience and for hunting, but she's retired now) this poor girl doesn't deserve to be at the shelter now , she needs a forever family. :goodvibes: As you can see , she's a beauty !!! :lovestruck:

Love4himies January 10th, 2008 02:29 PM

Poor thing, do you think she was dumped because she is too old for hunting?

SARAH January 10th, 2008 02:55 PM

Some "people" have the sorriest excuses, so it could well be.

Not my type of breed (looks wise) I mean, I wouldn't run the country to get one, but that doesn't mean she deserves to die too soon and all alone :yell::cry:

chico2 January 10th, 2008 04:51 PM

Oh Frenchy:sad:how do some people sleep at night,I'll never understand the cold hearts of some humans.
Hopefully she'll find a place to spend her retiring years:pray:

hazelrunpack January 10th, 2008 04:54 PM

She looks very "german shorthair"ish. :lovestruck: Man, if we were closer, we'd take her in a minute (yes, even with the 8 nudniks running around!)

I can't believe someone dumped her. :sad: You're right--she deserves much better! :mad:

Winston January 10th, 2008 04:56 PM

Maybe Frenchy can take a needed vacation! Down to see the pack! :laughing:

I hope she finds a loving home!:thumbs up

Cindy

chico2 January 10th, 2008 05:21 PM

It's funny Hazel,I was thinking of you when I saw this sad post,she would be sooo happy living at your house;)

coppperbelle January 10th, 2008 06:15 PM

Moka

Poor thing must be so confused.

You're breaking my heart. :(

Linda

jiorji January 10th, 2008 06:46 PM

awww she's so cute!! those eyes want some cuddles.

shuddup Wayne!!!:laughing::laughing::p

14+kitties January 10th, 2008 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;528543]She looks very "german shorthair"ish. :lovestruck: Man, if we were closer, we'd take her in a minute (yes, even with the 8 nudniks running around!)

I can't believe someone dumped her. :sad: You're right--she deserves much better! :mad:[/QUOTE]

Ok Hazel...I don't want to put you on the spot but....... IF you are serious.....and if she can be taken across the border...... I just spoke to my hubby and he is willing to do some driving if transportation can be arranged. We can do a couple of hours of driving to get her to you. Like, up to 4 hours. We are both self employed and can't be away too long but would be more than willing to do our part in finding this beauty a forever home.

rainbow January 10th, 2008 07:31 PM

Poor Moka :sad: ....some people just suck. :yell:

I hope she finds the forever home she deserves soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2008 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;528611]Ok Hazel...I don't want to put you on the spot but....... IF you are serious.....and if she can be taken across the border...... I just spoke to my hubby and he is willing to do some driving if transportation can be arranged. We can do a couple of hours of driving to get her to you. Like, up to 4 hours. We are both self employed and can't be away too long but would be more than willing to do our part in finding this beauty a forever home.[/QUOTE]

Oh, see? I knew I shouldn't come back here! :yell: :p Too much temptation!

I actually did broach the subject with hubby over dinner...:o I think he'd be a lot more open if the 8 were healthy, but all he did was roll his eyes to look over at Ridge... :sad:

He's probably right :sad:--we don't need a new dog in the mix...and we're pretty full up. But she's such a beauty...and she looks so sweet...:sad:

I doubt they'd place a dog so far away, anyway. I contacted Rosie's about an English Setter a while back, but never got an answer. I suspect the distance (can't do a home visit) and the "6 dogs" (at the time) sort of scared them off. :o Can't imagine what a placement agency would make of [I]eight[/I] dog already in the home...and no way to do a home visit... :shrug:

But it's a wonderful offer, 14+. I do hope something wonderful comes through for Moka... :fingerscr

otter January 11th, 2008 12:14 AM

I kinda thought Ridge and Moka might have had something in common.... poor Moka looks like she has a sore spot on her nose:sad::sad:

Come on Mr. HRP.... just one more, PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE:fingerscr

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2008 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=otter;528876]I kinda thought Ridge and Moka might have had something in common.... poor Moka looks like she has a sore spot on her nose:sad::sad:
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that looks more like a lightly- or non-pigmented area to me. (Ridge's nose looks more like a burned marshmallow right now.)

I think if Ridge weren't looking at such a prolonged recovery, I might have been able to talk hubby into [I]considering [/I]taking Moka on... :shrug: But the timing is bad...and we really aren't in the market for another [SIZE="1"]just yet... :o[/SIZE]

The longer she's looking, though, the harder it's going to be to get her out of hazel's mind...

chico2 January 11th, 2008 09:10 AM

Oh Hazel,we all know you have more than enough dogs,it was just a thought:dog:
This pup,more than likely did not have a wonderful life,I could be wrong,but believe most"hunting-dogs"are not housepets,but kept in pens.:sad:

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2008 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;529031]Oh Hazel,we all know you have more than enough dogs,it was just a thought:dog:
This pup,more than likely did not have a wonderful life,I could be wrong,but believe most"hunting-dogs"are not housepets,but kept in pens.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Ours are all in the house... :D

chico2 January 11th, 2008 09:59 AM

Of course they are,who would keep all those beauties in a pen outdoors,not our Hazel:dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

Frenchy January 11th, 2008 01:17 PM

Oh Hazel , stop torturing yourself over this ! Your plate is sooooo full !

But for anyone else , I can take this dog out of the shelter , n/c , this is not a rescue , it's a shelter. I would be the one choosing the family , not them. ;)

Of course , they know to contact me FIRST if they want to put her down , then I will try to place her in a rescue.

SARAH January 11th, 2008 01:20 PM

You know, the more I look at her sad eyes and obvious confusion, the less I see the Braque and the more a dog in need of love. Makes me so sad I can't take her!

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2008 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;529183]Oh Hazel , stop torturing yourself over this ! Your plate is sooooo full !

[I][COLOR="Red"]But this is why I do:[/COLOR][/I]

Of course , they know to contact me FIRST if they want to put her down , then I will try to place her in a rescue.[/QUOTE]

[I][COLOR="red"]:sad: She looks like such a sweetie. [SIZE="1"]*sigh*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Frenchy January 11th, 2008 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;529207][I][COLOR="red"]:sad: She looks like such a sweetie. [SIZE="1"]*sigh*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE]

Don't worry Hazel , we will find her a forever family , maybe not me , maybe another rescue , but she won't die in the shelter.

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2008 01:55 PM

Thanks, Frenchy. :grouphug: Makes me feel a little better...

How did you find her in the first place?

Frenchy January 11th, 2008 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;529211]Thanks, Frenchy. :grouphug: Makes me feel a little better...

How did you find her in the first place?[/QUOTE]

People in many shelters and vet clinics have my name and contact me, either for goldens or older dogs. I try to help as much as I can , like many of you know , I have a soft spot for the older ones. So many people dump them just because they're too old. And they are such perfect dogs to rescue / adopt. :cloud9: I have been thinking about Moka a lot too. I want to do the best i can to help.

clm January 11th, 2008 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;529215] I have been thinking about Moka a lot too. I want to do the best i can to help.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you're thinking of fostering her yourself?
Poor thing. I don't know how anyone can live with themselves turning over a dog that's 11 years old. Any age for that matter.
She must be so confused and scared. :sad:

Cindy

Frenchy January 11th, 2008 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;528406]Poor thing, do you think she was dumped because she is too old for hunting?[/QUOTE]
I don't know why she was dumped , I didn't ask , sometimes , it's better not to know. :frustrated:
[QUOTE=clm;529401]Does this mean you're thinking of fostering her yourself?
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking (just thinking for now !!) about it ..... but I just took a pm and we MIGHT have someone interested .... will keep everyone posted. :fingerscr

I really hope we can find someone for her, I have to take a break from fostering , for Sam and for me. Ben has been here 4 months now , having 4 dogs to take care of is a lot of work after a days work :o

clm January 11th, 2008 10:06 PM

Well, I'm glad you're on her side anyway. Gives her the best chances for sure.
I know you need to take time to care for Sam.

Shaykeija January 11th, 2008 11:06 PM

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/jackiesdaisy/Dog%20Angels/dog.gif[/IMG]

rainbow January 11th, 2008 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;529419]
but I just took a pm and we MIGHT have someone interested .... will keep everyone posted. :fingerscr [/QUOTE]

So, someone from pets.ca :thumbs up .....I hope it works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Frenchy January 11th, 2008 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;529507]So, someone from pets.ca :thumbs up .....I hope it works out. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

Someone from here who knows someone .... will know more tomorrow. :goodvibes:

rainbow January 11th, 2008 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;529540]Someone from here who knows someone .... will know more tomorrow. :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: