Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello From British Columbia! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55087)

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 05:12 PM

Hello From British Columbia!

Hi. My name is Zoe. I actually ran across this forum by accident googling something in regards to a pit bull mix that was shot in my city by the police and ran across a thread about a similar incident but it was a boxer mistaken for a pit bull. I was unusually impressed by the fact people weren't jumping on the band wagon to bash the breed so I figured it was a fine place for me to check out! :thumbs up

Let's see.. I've been an animal lover all my life sharing my home with everything from cats, to rats, and especially my favorite, pit bulls! :lovestruck:

Right now, I have three pit bulls of my own, two pit bull fosters, a cat, two bunnies and a sucker fish in a huge tank all by himself! lol As well, I'm a mum to two beautiful kids. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning something new! :)

pitgrrl August 2nd, 2008 05:14 PM

Um, could it [I]the[/I] Zoe I think it is?

...if it's not than I guess I'm just gonna look like a freak :laughing:

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 05:18 PM

You're no freak! Is this the Zoe *I* think it is? LMAO!

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2008 05:27 PM

Whichever Zoe it is, welcome to the board! :p :laughing:

So are you going to share some pics of your menagerie with us? pitgrrl will confirm that pictures are a must! :thumbs up [SIZE="1"]But we'll try not to get [I]toooooo[/I] demanding... :o[/SIZE]

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 05:30 PM

Oh trust me, there will be pictures! Plenty of pictures! Mwaaahaaahaaahaaa!

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2008 05:34 PM

:eek: Post them slow....I'm on a slow dial-up connection! :laughing:

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 05:43 PM

LOL Will do! :thumbs up

pitgrrl August 2nd, 2008 05:50 PM

:laughing: The Zoe-ism plot for world domination continues!

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 05:51 PM

I was just discussing that with Daemon! lol

Chaser August 2nd, 2008 06:38 PM

So you have FIVE pits in your house right now??? :eek: That many dogs must keep you very busy - it's awesome you've got two fosters though! Can't wait to see pictures of all your cuties :lovestruck:

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 07:41 PM

Actually, this is the least amount of dogs I've had in years believe it or not! lol I've actually had to retire, for now, from rescue as my daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and has gotten sick twice from the dogs! She actually got kennel cough from our foster puppies! :eek: I didn't even know that people could get kennel cough! :shrug: It is alot of work, but I think I have waaaaaaaaay to much energy! Plus I have a treadmill so that helps out! lol We are hoping that if we quarentine the house from any new animals, we won't have to separate my daughter permanently from the animals. She LIVES for them, probably even more than me! lol

Chaser August 2nd, 2008 10:22 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's health. I hope things work out so that she can keep spending time with the doggies....I had never heard of humans catching kennel cough either!

Pit Bull Love August 2nd, 2008 10:54 PM

Crazy, eh? I honestly didn't believe them when they told me! lol I thought the swab must have been contaminated or something. I read up on it online, and it said that there have only been 65 cases known of people getting it. Figures, one in a billion chance at getting something and she gets it! None of my dogs even got it off of the puppies! Her last bug she got was even more rare. Some bizarre form of staff they only discovered in a person two years ago! Our place is being sold, so we are going to have to move, so we are looking for a place that would be suitable for us to be able to have a separate animal area if it comes to that. :( Not that my dogs are good guard dogs, but it just struck me how unsafe it will feel not to have the dogs around the kids in the main part of the house, let alone the rest of what will come with a permanent separation. :frustrated:

Frenchy August 3rd, 2008 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=pitgrrl;634003]Um, could it [I]the[/I] Zoe I think it is?

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Pit Bull Love;634005]You're no freak! Is this the Zoe *I* think it is? LMAO![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pitgrrl;634018]:laughing: The Zoe-ism plot for world domination continues![/QUOTE]
Great ! Another crazy girl with crazy doggies adventures :laughing: Welcome to pets.ca PBL :thumbs up
[QUOTE=Pit Bull Love;634055]as my daughter has Cystic Fibrosis [/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry :sad:

growler~GateKeeper August 3rd, 2008 11:14 PM

From another West Coaster: welcome to pets.ca :D

Dog Dancer August 5th, 2008 03:39 PM

And another West Coaster welcomes you too Zoe. Hope your daughter recovers well. Sorry to hear about her medical issues. You certainly have your hands full.

Pit Bull Love August 5th, 2008 04:23 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! Raven is doing ok now although with CF you never know what's going to pop up. Last time she went into the hospital, I was saying to someone who commented on the fact that she didn't LOOK sick was that with CF the sick is all on the inside, and she can be fine one day, and in hospital the next day. So of course, the next day, we wind up rushing her into emergency. :wall: We just take it one day at a time. :o