Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   One of my Clematises.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=53043)

chico2 June 7th, 2008 01:01 PM

One of my Clematises..

3 Attachment(s)
The first one to bloom,I have 2 more on the fence,they are prettier,a darker purple and one burgundy..

chico2 June 7th, 2008 01:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are my Poppy-buds,just about to open..
A pick of my perennial garden,everything is growing like crazy...gonna have tons of flowers:thumbs up
And the corner I did not know what to do with,it's now my Lily-corner,not bloming yet though.

Lukka'sma June 7th, 2008 01:14 PM

Your garden is so pretty chico.
My peony is just starting to open so I know for sure we are going to get a wild storm that will just pulverize them:frustrated: Every year when they bloom it rains within a couple of days and they get destroyed:mad: I have tried caging them but that didn't save them either.
More pictures please

chico2 June 7th, 2008 01:26 PM

Thank you,I am not doing too bad for a city-girl,a city-girl always wanting to be a country-girl:laughing:
My Peonis are kind of protected by the house,I have them in the front,not blooming yet though,but they will.
Sorry about yours,maybe we won't have a storm:fingerscr
I don't have much more to take pics of,not much is blooming,but every day something does.

hazelrunpack June 7th, 2008 07:48 PM

Chico, as always, your gardens amaze me. :D I have one poppy left--the rest have succumbed to dog paws and hubby's weed whacker :rolleyes: I have yet to see my one survivor bloom. Maybe this year :fingerscr

I can't believe your clematis is in bloom already--the one around here are still trying to get tall enough to support flowers. :D

And Lukka'sma--my peonies have the same weather problem yours do. :o They're really taking off now and about to bloom--and we're supposed to get storms and torrential rains for the next 10 days. :yell:

14+kitties June 7th, 2008 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Lukka'sma;603243]Your garden is so pretty chico. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]I agree![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;603325]Chico, as always, your gardens amaze me. :D [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="red"]I agree again!!! [/COLOR] So beautiful! I love this time of the year. All the flowers opening, the colours.. gorgeous!!

growler~GateKeeper June 8th, 2008 12:51 AM

The clematis is very pretty :cloud9:

chico2 June 8th, 2008 06:25 AM

Thank's again!
I really am no fan of Clematis,but they do cover the fence somewhat.
I too love this time of year,I go out and check for Lily-buds every morning,can't wait for them,the Butterfly Bushes(Budleja SP?)are growing by leaps and bounds,those are really my favorite,because of the Butterflies they attract.

Hazel,I would sacrifice my garden any day for your 8 beautiful dogs and your property:dog:

want4rain June 8th, 2008 06:31 AM

i cant wait to see it blooming!!! our spring bloom time was in March this year!!! second wave is due any time now. :)

i have this big giant triangle full of what almost looks like a funky sun flower.... once it blooms ill get a pic and maybe you guys can help me identify it. this is the 3rd year in a row that hail has pulverized my hostas. :( been pretty bummed out... this year i ran out there with this little tiny umbrella getting pelted by large jelly bean sized hail stones to put a shower curtain over my poor blue giant hostas. next year im sticking a beach umbrella over my best one until summer hits. :frustrated:

-ashley

chico2 June 8th, 2008 06:53 AM

W4R,poor Hostas,but I can see how with all the freaky weather in the South,gardening would be really tricky..
Mind you,the US Midwest,seems to be worse,I don't understand how people can live with Tornados,flooding etc.almost every year.:shrug:

want4rain June 8th, 2008 08:06 AM

i guess folks choose their flavor right?? if its not tornadoes its hurricanes, or grass fires or flooding or whatever.... just depends on what you can tolerate i guess. you northerners have such long winters... id go crazy. im ok here if stuff would stop breaking!!! and i could predict hail.... hurricanes...

so you Canadians have any room up there?? :laughing:

-ashley

kimnmark June 8th, 2008 09:20 AM

I love your garden Chico and that is a beautiful clematis. Mine have lots of buds but are still a few days from blooming at least.

chico2 June 8th, 2008 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I took some pics of the front of my house,my peonis are in the right hand corner,not blooming yet though.
Then a tiny little garden with a birdbath.

W4R,lets not forget the wildfires in California and now in Florida,really scary stuff:yell:
and there is lots of room here in Canada for you:thumbs up

krdahmer June 12th, 2008 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;603492]I really am no fan of Clematis,but they do cover the fence somewhat.
[/QUOTE]

Me neither but yours are nice! My mom also has a cool one, its a dark dark purple with an almost fushia center... so vivid it looks fake actually.

chico2 June 12th, 2008 04:25 PM

Yes and once they start fading,they are awfully messy and the plant itself will just grow out of proportion,my really dark burgundy one still has to bloom,that's really pretty and not as big.

Lukka'sma June 12th, 2008 10:21 PM

You have some serious curb appeal there chico. Just beautiful

chico2 June 13th, 2008 06:01 AM

Thank's! But then there is the house:frustrated:

Love4himies June 13th, 2008 06:28 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;603615]I took some pics of the front of my house,my peonis are in the right hand corner,not blooming yet though.
Then a tiny little garden with a birdbath.

W4R,lets not forget the wildfires in California and now in Florida,really scary stuff:yell:
and there is lots of room here in Canada for you:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Chico, what is the name of the plant that is in the bottom, centre of the first picture?

Your yard looks like a perfect, relaxing, serene place to be.:lovestruck:

chico2 June 13th, 2008 06:57 AM

L4H,I think it is a Cotoneaster,if you mean the one with little white flowers.
Mine is a groundcover and I keep it low,lots of red berries in the winter for any Robins staying behind,seems to be their favorite.

Love4himies June 16th, 2008 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;606436]L4H,I think it is a Cotoneaster,if you mean the one with little white flowers.
Mine is a groundcover and I keep it low,lots of red berries in the winter for any Robins staying behind,seems to be their favorite.[/QUOTE]

The same group of pictures, but the first picture, bottom centre.

aslan June 16th, 2008 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;606411]Thank's! But then there is the house:frustrated:[/QUOTE]

Don't let her fool you ladies, her house is very nice.:D