Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Puppy breath on its way, hopefully. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83112)

Goldfields January 13th, 2013 09:16 PM

Blues have tan markings anyhow, Barkingdog, and you can (unfortunately) sometimes get too much blue in a red dog's coat, however if you want to improve the richness of the tan on a blue, doing a red/blue mating can help.

Goldfields January 14th, 2013 10:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hooray, the little man, Roo, has pricked his ears today. :D I was wondering whether to put him in any Baby Puppy classes at shows if they hadn't come up in time, but this is nice and early, between 8 and 9 weeks.

Barkingdog January 15th, 2013 10:38 AM

your puppy is so adorable with his ears up.

Dog Dancer January 15th, 2013 12:45 PM

Roo is so cute GF. Put him in the show! I will put a picture of Lupa into my puppy thread, her ears look to be up in the picture also.

Dog Dancer January 15th, 2013 10:46 PM

It's great that you are getting some nice pics from your breeder. The breeder of Lupa is great with pics, the breeder with Nikki is a little slower with sending updates. Roo is looking good, I love the red eye patch. I know you are counting the days.

Goldfields January 16th, 2013 10:24 AM

Well, his name is official now, DD, 'Heelersridge Jamberoo', Roo for short. I really wanted them to OK that, so one more hurdle out of the way. Still waiting on the DNA test result.(sigh.) This is Gayle's valleys of Australia litter and the Jamberoo Valley is where a number of dogs in his pedigree were bred.

Dog Dancer January 16th, 2013 11:05 AM

Love the registered name. Of course I love Roo also! I asked Lupa's breeder to pick her registered name as I have never done that, so she picked Moonsnoe's Diva of Coquitlam (where we live). Nikki I think has just been registered as Shelaskan's Nikki. Lupa's breeder said she'd like to just have fun with the name since we're not showing her. :fingerscr on the DNA test. Seems all we are doing is waiting now huh... tap, tap, tap.....

Barkingdog January 16th, 2013 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1052245]Love the registered name. Of course I love Roo also! I asked Lupa's breeder to pick her registered name as I have never done that, so she picked Moonsnoe's Diva of Coquitlam (where we live). Nikki I think has just been registered as Shelaskan's Nikki. Lupa's breeder said she'd like to just have fun with the name since we're not showing her. :fingerscr on the DNA test. Seems all we are doing is waiting now huh... tap, tap, tap.....[/QUOTE]

Does the DNA test cost a lot? I had throught of doing this with Marty to see what his second breed is.

Goldfields January 16th, 2013 09:18 PM

The DNA tests I am doing are health tests and vary in price, $120 for PLL, $215 for PRA, and I have no idea of the cost of a parentage test, sorry.

Nice name she gave your pup, DD, maybe she thinks she's a bit of a diva? :)

Barkingdog January 17th, 2013 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;1052266]The DNA tests I am doing are health tests and vary in price, $120 for PLL, $215 for PRA, and I have no idea of the cost of a parentage test, sorry.

Nice name she gave your pup, DD, maybe she thinks she's a bit of a diva? :)[/QUOTE]

I met a person that had a DNA test done on her dog for health reasons. The woman wanted to know what breeds her dog was to see which food was best for her dog.

Goldfields January 17th, 2013 08:20 PM

Those two tests I mentioned were developed because both can cause blindness in my breed. If everyone tested their breeding stock and did the right matings, we could rid our breed of both of them in two or three generations. Well worth the money spent IMO.

angeldogs January 17th, 2013 09:32 PM

OMG what a cutie pie.love the outside pic of the three with the grass across the snot. is that momma in the one pic.beautiful dog

Goldfields January 18th, 2013 10:39 AM

Yes, that's Ginger, his momma. Roo does look cute in the second photo, it's the ears leaning sideways that adds a cute factor. :)

Goldfields January 19th, 2013 10:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple more photo's of Roo, 9 weeks old now. :)

hazelrunpack January 19th, 2013 11:05 PM

Oh, what a handsome little gent he is, GF!!

Goldfields January 20th, 2013 10:07 AM

I think he'll have us wrapped around his little paw in about 5 minutes, Hazel. LOL.

hazelrunpack January 20th, 2013 11:02 AM

I 'spect so! LOL That seems to be a skill they teach in puppy school! :laughing:

Dog Dancer January 20th, 2013 12:02 PM

There is something about his eyes that just grabs me. He's so sweet. The cuteness thing is like with babies, it's so we don't kill them for all their naughtiness.:D

angeldogs January 20th, 2013 03:01 PM

Roo is one very handsome boy

Goldfields January 20th, 2013 10:47 PM

LOL. And nothing can be quite as naughty as a cattle dog pup, DD. In the States they say they don't get their brain till they are 3 years old. From starting to walk to teething they bite like baby croc's, and look out if they want to heel you as well. :)

Rgeurts January 21st, 2013 12:37 PM

OMD GF, how did I miss this?!? Congrats on the new baby... he's just precious :lovestruck::cloud9:
He looks so serious :laughing:
When do you get him? And I just love his patch!!! Such a handsome lil guy :lovestruck:

Goldfields January 22nd, 2013 11:27 AM

Hi Robyn. I can very happily say that I get Roo(Heelersridge Jamberoo) tomorrow week, the 30th. His DNA test result came back today and he is clear of PLL(primary lens luxation) - YAY!!!!! He does have a serious look, I'm glad you noticed that. I hope he keeps that when he's grown because I can't tolerate fool cattle dogs that want to be everyone's friend. LOL. They are supposed to be suspicious of strangers and a good guard dog.

ownedbycats January 25th, 2013 02:05 PM

Goldfields, he is a beautiful pup. I'm glad his health tests went okay. Now that all the humans approve, the only thing left to worry about is getting Jarrah's approval....

Goldfields January 25th, 2013 11:00 PM

I might be wrong but I think she will take one look at him, get all hormonal, make milk overnight and want to adopt him. LOL. I did have a blue girl, Sweetie, who came into the room where I had two Collie babies penned, babysitting them for a friend, took a short look, then went to a corner of the room, tried to scratch up a nest, lay down and looked under her tail as if to say 'have I had one yet?'. (Yes, she'd had a litter in the past, 11 pups.) So.... it could be interesting. Seeing she wants to lick my sheep and stallion's face I really can't see her getting short tempered with a puppy. :)

Goldfields January 25th, 2013 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nearly forgot, here is a photo taken at 1o weeks, with his brother(left of photo) Buster.

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2013 11:26 AM

:lovestruck:

Barkingdog January 26th, 2013 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;1052806]Nearly forgot, here is a photo taken at 1o weeks, with his brother(left of photo) Buster.[/QUOTE]

:lovestruck:

Dog Dancer January 26th, 2013 11:23 PM

GF, the 30th will be here in no time flat! Love the pic, Buster looks equally as serious as Roo, but I do have to say I favour Roo's facial markings more (don't tell Buster okay). So glad Roo's tests came out good. :thumbs up

angeldogs January 27th, 2013 10:59 AM

Buster is just as cute.

Dog Dancer January 29th, 2013 10:46 PM

Well am I wrong or is it the 30th in Australia now!! We need a Roo picture! I sure hope his trip home goes smoothly GF. Thinking of you with ENVY that I have a while more to wait. Have fun!