Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

casey's winter getup

m_apol
November 30th, 2004, 10:04 PM
It's getting cold outside!

shihtzulover
December 1st, 2004, 06:44 AM
She is such a cutie. How do you get the bows in her hair? Sophie freaks when I try to do her hair.

Bugsy
December 1st, 2004, 12:29 PM
Fashion sweater... 2 cute for words :thumbs up

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 12:50 PM
How old is Sophie? Actually, that was done by her groomer ;) . But I've learned to do the topnot really good. At first she would rub it until it's gone but I read somewhere in the internet, and this works. To do topknot, use those small rubberbands like the one dentists use, Dollar stores have them. Tie one on the front to take out her hair from her eyes, then take some hairs at the back and tie again with a second rubber band including the front. It reinforces the first one, and voila, it stays for more than a day. They'll get used to it. It beats running around and not seeing anything :D .

shihtzulover
December 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM
Sophie is now 7 months old. Her hair is not very long on the top due to a bad groomer who I will never ever go back to, but once it is long enough I will try your technique. I try to put small ones in her short hair now but she starts butting and pulling, she always wants to play. I could probably do it easier at 12am while she is konked out on the floor :)

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM
It's funny how you mentioned that Shihtzulover, sometimes I do it at 12 or 1 am when she doesn't have much energy to fight back or when she's too busy to notice what I'm doing, like when she's chewing on something.

goldenblaze
December 2nd, 2004, 02:15 PM
She is adorable, love the pink bows :) Really cutie!