Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Disney not so innocent!!!!!!

lilith_rizel
November 29th, 2004, 01:44 PM
I was just chatting with Joey, a highschool friend of mine, and he told me to look at this site, and said everything on it is true. Check out the hidden stuff in cartoons and the child labor sections. I can't believe it.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Disney.html

Sneaky2006
November 29th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I don't doubt all of it's true. On the site I didn't see the one about Aladdin though. You can't argue with that one. The part where he's on the balcony with Jasmine, right after the tiger growls you can hear Aladdin whisper "look a mouse, take off your clothes" You have to turn the volume up to hear it, but it is as plain as day. I've seen most of the ones listed there from my movies. It's kinda sick knowing these things are in childrens movies. :(

lilith_rizel
November 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I have never heard of the aladin one. I was shocked about the child labor!!!! All this makes me not want to buy disney movies for my children. I would much rather them watch baby huey and stuff that was around when I was little.

Sneaky2006
November 29th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I didn't know anything about this until after we already had most of them, it's a shame really... How can Disney let stuff like this happen?
Also, Disney is supposed to be making children happy, not making them work in sweatshops! :mad:

lilith_rizel
November 29th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I know.The hard thing for me is that some of my favorite movies are from disney!!! But I am not going to support sweatshops and such, if at all possible. And being that I have the choice to buy their movies and happy meals with their toys, I just won't do that. Poor children. Can you believe that Disney pays them only 6 cents an hour!!!!

melanie
November 29th, 2004, 03:36 PM
just amazing, butthen i have never really trusted people in the child entertainment industry, to a certain extent some ppl just seem a bit dodgy and you wonder.

thank you fro that lillith, anyone that spends time with kids should se that site, i mena how many times have i brought the kids a happy meal as a little treat when shopping? well i am actually going to tell the kids themselves the truth about wherer the toys come from, they are old enough to understand, and i think that will make them not want it. it would be hard just to say no you cant have the meal and be a cow, but if i explain that they do not take care of the children making the toys it will help them understand (they already understnad the concept of mcdonalds and the lke brainwashing and manipulation them through advertisement so this one wont be hard for them to grasp)..

the sad thing for me, a friend died a few weeks ago, she was a young mum, before she died of cancer she went out and brought every disney movie possible as a special gift for her son to treasure as he would be left without her and no siblings and she always loved disney movies, well thank god she never got to find out this stuff, it would have been really sad for her.

again thanks for that, no more happy meals and disney movies areound here any more.

GsdDiamond
November 29th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I don't believe half of what I see people saying is "in movies" anymore. If someone points it out, or incinuates that it's there, you'll see it. If you're not told about it, would you ever even notice anything at all? Doubtful.
Disney bases itself as a child friendly company, designed for the inner child in all of us. Do you seriously think they would jeopardize what they have for the sake of letting some artists having a little fun? Again, doubtful.

It's the same old arguement of listening to records backwards. There are supposed to be subliminal messages being spoken. I saw an expose on 20/20 one year, where John Stossel was made to listen to music backwards. He, and I, heard nothing until it was said what to listen to. The phrase "I saw a woman with a weasel in her mouth" was just background noise until it was pointed out. Recording artists even banned together to ask how it could be possible? They have a hard enough time getting music to sound good going forwards, let alone backwards. Off topic, I know, but somewhat pertinent.

Remember, with today's technology, it's amazing what can look like it's been there since the beginning. I mean, look at the pic I posted of Diamond in the pictures forum. You'd never know her eyes where all white/pink from the flash would you?

Schwinn
November 29th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I question a lot of stuff myself. I did a paper in university on subliminal messages, and it was laughable the stuff I found. I won't get the whole ins and outs of it, but subliminal messages, for the most part, don't really do much. For example, it was found that some theatres were placing pictures of popcorn and candy bars in between frames. You can not see it with the naked eye, but your brain still registered it. While it can be argued that it would lead to increased concession stand sales, the effect was no stronger than having someone sit beside you with a tub of popcorn. Otherwise, the theatre would be empty while everyone was buying popcorn.

That being said, I've seen the "Little Mermaid" poster in question, and I've read several places that said it was a myth. I question that, because the spire in question is clearly different than every other, and there is no real good reason for that.

Bottom line--I take everything with a grain of salt, whether it is for or against. Snopes (http://www.snopes.com) has a whole section dedicated to disney, and they are pretty reliable.

melanie
November 29th, 2004, 06:18 PM
ok that makes sense, sure everything can be manipulated and taken with a grain of salt.

but i truly do believe the pedophilia and creepy activities are real. as we all know pedophiles gravitate to areas where kids are and as many of us know, when your making billions of dollars each year, your not about to expose the irrisponsible behaviour of management and your not about to publisise the fact that disney are basically feeding the little kiddies to the wolves.

and if your one of the worlds biggest kids entertainers you have a responsiblity to the young consumer to not only protect them but to take precautions to ensure their safety at all times and a credible rep, it is their responsibility and after reading about the pedophiles, i have grave doubts that disney even care for the consumer. (even a few weks ago there was a big thing on the news about a disney mickey mouse messing with kids so it is not only the internet sources, the prominant news stations here are reporting this sort of stuff).

i also have no doubt about the happy meal toys, its very feasible and a huge practice in many countries, along with nike, rebok and all the other industries that rely on slave labor and child labor.

and macdonalds are one of the least ethical companys i know of, they manipulate children with their advertising and scary tactics,so i can imagine they would have no problem with where their toys come from.

its all food for thought, and really highlights the fact that we believe so much jsut because big fat cat companies and reps tell us so, and that jsut because a party work in the industry of childrens entertainment does not mean that they are ethical, trustworty or guarantee good morals or respect of kids.,

but then in this day and age, we dont trust anyone near our kids any way and have doubts about the motivations of our kids entertainers, this is a dangerous world at times and using precautionary measures such as lack of trust and doubt of intention is one way we can ensure added protection, yeah sure every person that is called a pedophile may not be so, but that is a risk ppl should not take and i certaily would not, i tell you after this if i ever was offered to go to disney i would not even entertain the idea.

but in reality i truly believe that most big fat cat corporations across the baord dont give a stuff about the consumer anyway and it has become the consumers responsiblity to ensure their own safety when dealing with the freaky fat cats.

lilith_rizel
November 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM
The sad thing is, Disney movies are fun, entertaining movies for everyone. I will miss watching all the new ones, and so will my children. But hey, there are tapes coming out with all of the old cartoons like woody-wood pecker, and baby huey. I found the tapes at Wal-mart for $1 a piece. Each tape has 4 or 5 cartoons on it. I think it is well worth it. James and I have bought 2 tapes so far. We are getting 2 every once and a while. Now those are good, innocent cartoons. Something I am going to have my kids watch. What isn't to love about an overgrown duckling.

Karin
November 29th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I question a lot of stuff myself. I did a paper in university on subliminal messages, and it was laughable the stuff I found. I won't get the whole ins and outs of it, but subliminal messages, for the most part, don't really do much. For example, it was found that some theatres were placing pictures of popcorn and candy bars in between frames. You can not see it with the naked eye, but your brain still registered it. While it can be argued that it would lead to increased concession stand sales, the effect was no stronger than having someone sit beside you with a tub of popcorn. Otherwise, the theatre would be empty while everyone was buying popcorn.

That being said, I've seen the "Little Mermaid" poster in question, and I've read several places that said it was a myth. I question that, because the spire in question is clearly different than every other, and there is no real good reason for that.

Bottom line--I take everything with a grain of salt, whether it is for or against. Snopes (http://www.snopes.com) has a whole section dedicated to disney, and they are pretty reliable.

Thanks Schwinn. I have used www.snopes.com. for years. Rumors fly all the time and some can hurt. Arm yourself with knowledge before you speak is the best policy. It is also a very interesting website full of info no one would ever think of....I recommended newcomers to snopes explore the site when they can.

dmc123
November 29th, 2004, 07:12 PM
I was just checking on snopes.com for this thread, thanks Schwinn, you beat me to it. Great site to check for all internet stuff.

~~dmc

melanie
November 29th, 2004, 07:45 PM
i checked out snoops, boy they seem to give a good spin to quite a few companies, i wonder who is paying for that area and whre the info is coming from, to be quite honest i dont know who to believe. eg i read the coke comp stuff, and the image of santa and the colors they speak of not being invented by coke is crap, i once watched a documentry made by coke themselves and they made the claim that they did infact give him the colors he wears today. so i dont know who to believe.

mind you several of the companies the seem to claim are surrounded by myths are the most unethical freaks in the world (such as coke)so i highly doubt that this is the most honest source, those comps have big bucks and i wonderi if snoop sees that, i could not find that sort of info on the site.

bugger now i odnt know what to believe, i think i will take all of it in both sites with a big giant grain of salt with applied logic to determine what sounds real. and it is very important to note the bloke form the disney site is not getting paid by them so i wonder who here has the biased views.

schwinn you mention the placement of food ads in movies, i have seen some studies in the past that have shown when this is done in the viewers home, ie comps screwing with the adds, that it did increase the hunger and desires of some of the ppl watching, it wasnt overly conclusive but the theories and data they did gather were rather convincing (or some ppl may jsut be really hungry al l the time :D ). i wonder about it all now.

oh boy what is true, i mean really is the grass green and the sky blue, i jsut dont know, actually now i think of it am i really here??

Karin
November 29th, 2004, 09:33 PM
i checked out snoops, boy they seem to give a good spin to quite a few companies, i wonder who is paying for that area and whre the info is coming from, to be quite honest i dont know who to believe. eg i read the coke comp stuff, and the image of santa and the colors they speak of not being invented by coke is crap, i once watched a documentry made by coke themselves and they made the claim that they did infact give him the colors he wears today. so i dont know who to believe.

mind you several of the companies the seem to claim are surrounded by myths are the most unethical freaks in the world (such as coke)so i highly doubt that this is the most honest source, those comps have big bucks and i wonderi if snoop sees that, i could not find that sort of info on the site.

bugger now i odnt know what to believe, i think i will take all of it in both sites with a big giant grain of salt with applied logic to determine what sounds real. and it is very important to note the bloke form the disney site is not getting paid by them so i wonder who here has the biased views.

schwinn you mention the placement of food ads in movies, i have seen some studies in the past that have shown when this is done in the viewers home, ie comps screwing with the adds, that it did increase the hunger and desires of some of the ppl watching, it wasnt overly conclusive but the theories and data they did gather were rather convincing (or some ppl may jsut be really hungry al l the time :D ). i wonder about it all now.

oh boy what is true, i mean really is the grass green and the sky blue, i jsut dont know, actually now i think of it am i really here??

It is Snopes...not snoops. Just a fyi.

Schwinn
November 30th, 2004, 09:19 AM

I believe it does work to an extent, but not the way proponents of subliminal messages are suggesting. If, for example, two people are watching a show, one is a vegatarian, and the other isn't, and a picture of a 2 thick sirloin is flashed, chances are, the vegatarian isn't going to suddenly want to cook up a thick steak. However, the other person may interpret it as a craving, merely because the brain will register the thought. However, they have to have an inclination towards it, be it that person is hungry, or just really like meat. There has to be some underlying reason for the urge. The subliminal message is merely a suggestion, like someone next to you whispering, "Pizza" while you are watching TV. First, you have to like pizza. It may be a little more effective because you are not consciously aware of the message, therefore you interpret it as a signal from your brain. But again, I maintain if it was an effective means of mind control, there would have been masses of people clamouring to the concession stand all at once.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go light my barbecue...and order pizza.

GunnerX
November 30th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Snopes has always been and always will be the source of truth. However always take everything you see on the internet with a grain of salt. I would never believe things I read on the internet without thorough research. Its amazing how many people fall for those made up emails.

Schwinn
November 30th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Snopes has always been and always will be the source of truth. However always take everything you see on the internet with a grain of salt. I would never believe things I read on the internet without thorough research. Its amazing how many people fall for those made up emails.

You mean those pills are useless?? :eek: Why I aughtta...uh, nevermind...

melanie
November 30th, 2004, 02:07 PM
holy snappin duck s#$% snoops snopes, who cares about my poor typing/spelling i dont think it really matters in the end. i am pretty sure we all know who i am talking about. and that is jsut a fyi

Schwinn
November 30th, 2004, 03:23 PM
holy snappin duck s#$% snoops snopes, who cares about my poor typing/spelling i dont think it really matters in the end. i am pretty sure we all know who i am talking about. and that is jsut a fyi

You spelled just wrong... :D

(I kid because I care :crazy: )

(you do know I'm teasing, right? Uh, Melanie? Oh oh...)

melanie
November 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM
lol, lol, lol, lol schwinn i have a very very well developed aussie sense of humor my dear and i know when ppl are joking :crazy: and i can tell a joke from a dig :p , but i type very fast so often the letters are the wrong way round or missing, not to mention i jsut dont really care :D :p :p

and i am glad you care, dont worry i dont bite (well often anyway, well not daily i suppose well.....) :D

sammiec
November 30th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Since we're picking on grammar here --> it's spelt NOT spelled... LOL!! I crack myself up!!

Sneaky2006
November 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM
It's spelt???
Maybe there should be a thread for this! HA!
I have one... when saying you are as one word... it's YOU'RE not your!

lilith_rizel
November 30th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I thought it was spelled as well......... guess not. Shows how much I listened in English class LOL

Schwinn
November 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I thought it was spelled as well......... guess not. Shows how much I listened in English class LOL

Well, I wouldn't worry about it. There's no use crying over spelt milk...

Karin
November 30th, 2004, 06:01 PM

I am sorry if you took this the wrong way Melanie, this was not my intention. I can read your post's just fine and I really do not care about grammar, I just joke about it. I pointed out the "Snopes" name because I wanted people to know the site name in case they wanted to visit www.snopes.com. It is a cool site.

My apologies again....

Btw, have seen the spelling in some of my post's lately?..after rereading I feel like crawling under the couch!

melanie
November 30th, 2004, 07:45 PM
no dont apologise, its my fault for jumping, to much to read into on the net isnt there, bugger me dead, it is really bloody hot here and had an awful nights sleep so am a crappy old grouch today.

BTW didnt you just love the saying i used in that post, it is my dads favourite saying and we always heard it when we were naughty as kids,

holy snappin duck s#$% :D :D :crazy: (had to use it, makes me laugh)

Writing4Fun
November 30th, 2004, 08:19 PM
That is a classic, Melanie! That, and "bugger me dead" I particularly like. :D

So Melanie's a little warm these days. How is Schwinn feeling? I heard that the latest cold front w/freezing rain & wet flurries is going to hit your side of the lake more than mine (nanny, nanny, poo, poo!).

About Disney - I happen to own an original VHS copy of The Little Mermaid. I didn't see the questionable tower until someone pointed it out to me (but I can be a little dense at times). Now I can't look at the cover with a straight face anymore. I noticed that the boxes with the original cover are going for upwards of $60 on e-bay, whereas the redesigned ones are nowhere over $12. No, I'm not selling!! :p

Karin
November 30th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I was trying to get a mental picture of a "snappin duck"...but it scared the mud out of me!

We have ducks, and one muted swan. I know the beak cannot do harm but I was on the argueing end of that beak from momma duck this past summer..a mad duck coming at you at a high rate of speed is impressive....I ducked like the chicken I am. No pun intended...this was real...I had to steal her two ducklings before the hawks got them. This was momma's first successful nest after 5 years of trying.

I had a hot angry Mallard mom on my tail...all I could do was run like Forrest Gump....and I did.

She still hates me.

Schwinn
November 30th, 2004, 09:46 PM
So Melanie's a little warm these days. How is Schwinn feeling? I heard that the latest cold front w/freezing rain & wet flurries is going to hit your side of the lake more than mine (nanny, nanny, poo, poo!).

Haven't had anything yet. But then, when I leave in the morning, I don't usually wake up until about Finch, and when I get home 14 hours later, I'm too tired to care! Personally, I like driving in the snow. It makes the commute more interesting!

melanie
November 30th, 2004, 11:12 PM
running from ducks, man, run lady run, i dont know how fast they are but if their like geese your screwed :D :D run forest run........

were having a heat wave, hottest temps in 30yrs and poor charlie is locked inside all day and she is grumps too, it was 44c yesterday, i thought we would die as our house is like an oven but is like 5 deg less than outside, so i jsut run into the sun get hot then go inside and it feels cooler :crazy: :D .

AND becuase of the heat i had no sheet over me in bed last night and now im covered in mosquitp bites even on my eye brows. im just a hot little mess today i tell you and my computer keeps crapping itself in the heat which is not so fun when my thesis is due in 4 days, ahhhhhhhhh. im cranky :D grrrrrr

W4F make sure you hang onto that and sell it for a boom in 20yrs, lucky you :D

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 03:43 PM
I heard about Aladdin and Lion King. They featured it on the news in Philippines about 6-7 yrs ago. They showed a slow motion of the movie and you really see the Nashtee stuff. The reporter said it can't be coincidence because it uses tons of frames to make animation even for a second.

Schwinn
December 1st, 2004, 04:49 PM
I heard about Aladdin and Lion King. They featured it on the news in Philippines about 6-7 yrs ago. They showed a slow motion of the movie and you really see the Nashtee stuff. The reporter said it can't be coincidence because it uses tons of frames to make animation even for a second.

It takes 24 frames for one second. I know some cartoons vary, but standard film is 24 frames. And that is a valid point.

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 04:52 PM
Exactly. The word Sex from Lion King took 24 frames to do. How sad these ppl had to do it in children's movies.

Schwinn
December 1st, 2004, 05:05 PM
I do question a lot of stuff I hear. The lion king one, I'd have to see the movie again. I became quite skeptical after doing my paper. My favourite one is the subliminal pictures in the Windows 98 box. After studying the subject, it jumps out at me. However, it is a picture of clouds. I can see several things looking at clouds. Sometimes I don't even need clouds, but that's a whole other issue...

m_apol
December 2nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Schwinn, the one for lion king has to be in slow motion and the word is spelled out soooo clearly. :sick: sick to my stomach.

wAggie
December 2nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
My appologies for not reading any posts...

I've briefed the site, and there aint NOTHING new there... :rolleyes:

Disney IS totally sexist AND biased... racist too, whatever.

Come on, in what movie does the female NOT need a male to help her out?

where are the girl's boobs nOT gigantic? or the male's chest (ie, Alladin, Hurcules, Ariel's dad, Pocahontas' dude... etc, etc.)

Disney's like Barbie, totally warps the image of a "normal"/"avg" fe/male body to children as young as 3 (or maybe even younger)

:mad: