Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This is Mine, All Mine!!

CyberKitten
November 29th, 2004, 09:12 AM
This is MY computer chair now and desk (even if you non felines can't see the Pounce edging out the latte - too many MB to upload to show it all , not to mention how messy Yin Yin keeps HER desk, ;) )

I know I probably should not allow her to utilize the chair as a scratching post (but she only uses that and another horizontal one and is excellent about it, even when she thinks I am not looking and I need a new one anyway - it is just a chair after all) This pict is not exactly a great ad for that Meow Mix Screensaver - given that it was more fun to get those claws in shape!

Most of you have probably read about these recent studies that show animals who foretell of their human's cancer or serious illness. (There was one narrated in the prestigious medical journal Lancet recently - I have a sub if anyone is interested in the article (It is one accessible only to subscribers).

Anyhow, I do not think Yin Yin has managed that yet - plus she is too young, just a baby! But last night, my back - which has metal rods and has undergone a plethora of surgical procedures and thus gives me chronic pain - was really painful (and that moose encounter did not help, sigh!). Little Yin Yin managed to find the exact spot and that wee bit of heat from her tiny but ever so elegant body felt so good. It was like she knew exactly where to find the place that needed help. (She is a snuggler and a cuddler anyway and the scientist in me tells me the psychological benefit of having a loving kitten purring cuddling against my back was probably a much more helpful diversion than any pain medication but it was fun to think she was so smart and intuitive enough to know just where to purr (and purring has been proven to have genuine healing qualities even if some of my more traditional collegeagues might scoff at that remark. But let them scoff!!)

At any rate, thought you'd enjoy seeing Yin Yin in "her" office. (Now I will have to hire her an admin assistant I suppose, lol)

Writing4Fun
November 29th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Love it, CyberKitten! Funny how they can take over our lives and we don't mind a bit. About the purring, have you read Margaret Atwood's book called "Oryx and Crake"? The genetically engineered people were built to purr to cure ailments. Interesting book (and more than a little disturbing). Maybe Yin Yin is a therapy cat in training! Hey, if she needs an admin assistant, let me know what the pay scale is and if I'll be allowed to telecommute, and I'll send you my resume! :crazy:

CyberKitten
November 29th, 2004, 09:26 AM
I have read that book - and yes, it is disturbing. In an interview on CBC, Atwood says she writes about what worries her. And that novel has a notable and worrisome plot!

I'll keep you in mind when soliciting CV's, lol

chico2
November 29th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Cyberkitty,that all is sooo familiar,even the soothing effect from their warm little bodies...Rocky is on my lap right now and he's no small cat,he's snuggled into my right arm...I am printing with my left...
He's just waiting for me to finish so he can have HIS chair!!

Bugsy
November 29th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Cyber what a funny photo... :D