Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Prescription Diet dog food?

Hound_Dog
November 28th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Do any know anything about Hill's Prescription Diet dog food?

I'm assuming it's by the same company that makes Science Diet but apparently it can only be sold through a vet clinic. The reason I'm asking is because two of my dogs have been put on Prescription Diet...one is on the U/D variety for his urinary stone problem and the other one is on D/D for her weak hair problem (her hair falls out pretty easily). I've noticed that on the ingredient list, corn meal is pretty high on the list. From reading about food on this forum, I've learned that this isn't very good.

I also want to know more about this stuff simply because 1kg of this food is about $12 - $15 (I live in Korea and it is imported) and there is no local equivalent. I don't mind spending the money if the food is good quality, but it's a little pricey if it is not the best for my dogs.

TobsterMom
November 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
We sell it at our clinic. Our vet is pretty preticular when it comes to the food he recommends to our clients, so I'm assuming it's good stuff. We don't sell a ton of the stuff, but order it in for certain clients.

Karin
November 28th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I try to have some canine I/D handy in case I do not have time to cook Ciara's food or I encounter a problem with her always upset GI tract...

It saved us again this weekend. I am calling the Doc tomorrow.