Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bored dog in the backyard

bigbar
November 28th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Just looking for ideas about outside toys to keep my dog Buddy occupied so that he does not dig up the lawn, chew the bushes, and generally destroy anything he can get a hold of. Thought of a tether ball hanging from a tree but wonder if that would occupy him. He is 10 months old and is an Italian Spinone. He is not digging to try to get out of the yard. Any suggestions of things that have worked for you will be appreciated.

LavenderRott
November 28th, 2004, 01:23 PM
This is a high energy breed and if you are not taking this dog out for long walks or runs then he is going to be bored and tearing up your lawn.

Bugsy
November 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM
An Italian Spinone... :thumbs up I've heard so much about this amazing breed. They even had a documentary about them on animal planet. Would love to see photos if you have them :D

heidiho
November 30th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Is he out there alone alot>>

mastifflover
November 30th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Most dog will not play on their own they will be bored and dig or bark or many other things you do not wnat him doing. These are a great breed but need lots of exercise. If you exercise them enough they will be the happiest dogs and not exhibit bad behavior.

RAZCAL
December 1st, 2004, 07:14 PM
My dog does the same thing.. I have come home to some pretty BIG holes in my backyard. Mainly a dog will dig out of boredom if you have a dog that is high energy.. find the closes dog park or try to bring him out for a walk.

Usually a dog is saying if you don't want to pay attention to me then I will make my own fun. When I spend more time with my dog.. or I watch him outside.. to make sure nothing happens..it's not really good to have a dog unattended outside for to long.