Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

have tried everything....

remarkablyraven
November 28th, 2004, 10:49 AM
We have four cats in our home and enough litter boxes for all. They are all healthy and have no physical ailments.

ONE of them is insisting on peeing all over the house but mainly on the cold poured concrete floor in the basement and at the front door on the carpets. We have had to remove carpet in the past from other areas of the house to avoid the inappropriate urination problem.

The basement is easy enough to clean, but the cat is usually peeing in spots close to other objects stored there...(location is never the same) It is becoming a huge issue. We are at the point where if we cannot find a solution to this problem, we may have to take other measures. 18 months and counting in trying to rectify the problem of inappropriate peeing. At what point do you say, ok enough ?

The thing is.. I love my fur babies. LOVE LOVE LOVE.... and I am so torn over the situation I just do not know what to do anymore. I just know I do not have the time it is taking daily now to clean up the urine from the front door carpets, the basement, our playroom carpet, ect...

Thank you for reading this far.

Nancy