Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Its the weekend and my dog is sick

PaBabeWKids
November 27th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Hi, My dog is almost 10yrs & is a dalmation full breed. Last night he was up constantly going to the bathroom. (Just thought he wanted to go out chasing deer) Today he has been vomiting a few times...not eating. He has been shivering all day. Now just before there was blood from his rectum. Its the weekend and I'm uncertain what to do. Anyone out there know what could possibly be wrong? He has had a terrible odor to him the fast few weeks. (he goes to the vet regularily and was just seen 2mths ago) I am very upset and looking for some info. Could it just be a hemmoroid and him coming down w/a cold? I always have that fear of him dying since he is up there in age.....
Please any advice....
Michelle :(

twinmommy
November 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
where are you located? sounds like you should get him seen right away!! Was it red blood or blackish red stool?

TobsterMom
November 27th, 2004, 07:11 PM
You need to see a vet. Most vet's are on call for emergencies, or look for a 24 hr emegency hospital.

PaBabeWKids
November 27th, 2004, 08:08 PM
ok...thanks for responding....will call vet....what does this sound like? Am I frantic over something simple? It was red mucousy blood. Located in near Wilkes-Barre Pa...found a vet to call in Avoca! Have to go & thanks.

twinmommy
November 27th, 2004, 08:24 PM
red blood is a better sign than black stools, but you must go to the vet.
Good Luck and keep us posted.