Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cadeau has started to pee on the floor.

Dwight Byrd
November 27th, 2004, 08:37 AM
A strange thing started about a week ago. My cat Cadeau (15 years old - female) started to pee on the carpet outside of the laundry room. Her litter box, located in the laundry room, still gets used daily for both # 1 and # 2, butshe has been returning to this one spot outside of the laundry room, as recent as yesterday to pee. I steam cleaned the area a couple of nights ago, but she returneds to it to pee again. Should I be concerned? Could this be a health related problem? She seems to be eating well and drinking. She likes to nap a lot ofcourse, which is not unusual for her age. She is snoozing on my desk now as I type this letter.
She tends to be pretty territorial, so does not like strangers. She never leaves the house, so I would have to get the vet to come to the house. Taking her to the vet's office .... well, put it this way. Many years ago when we took her to the vet, the vet at the time asked us not to bring her back !! :eek: She scratched him good !
Any advice from you would be helpful.

O'h yeah, would steam cleaning the area again, followed by putting some kind of pet smell neutralizer help? I have hear that pets will return to an area and urinate where they smell it.

Lucky Rescue
November 27th, 2004, 08:45 AM
In a 15 year old cat, this could be a sign of anything from a bladder infection to a malignancy to senility.

A vet should know how to handle a difficult cat, and your cat must go the vet. She should get a checkup, to make sure her teeth etc are okay and get a blood test to check kidney and other organ functions.

If your vet told you not to bring this cat back, you need a new vet.

We take feral cats to our vet, and I'm sure your cat is easier to handle than they are.

CyberKitten
November 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
At his age, Cadeau's problems could be any number of things, uti to something more serious. If your first vet is not helpful, there are many vets in TO - perhaps even one that specializes in cats.

Good luck - I hope Cadeau is better soon!