Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help

chelbear58
November 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
i got a cat that has a lot of saliva coming from her mouth she wont eat or drink what can i do or what could she have she lets me pick her up she keeps making a clicking sound please anything can help i gave her some water with kids med dropper but she wont take much

badger
November 26th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Is there any chance she's gotten into something poisonous? The saliva makes me wonder. They also salivate alot when they are nauseous and getting ready to throw up. Could it be an obstruction? I'd take her to the vet immediately.

PetFriendly
November 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I'd get the cat to a vet as soon as possible... It could be any one of many things, just call your vet's office, if they aren't open they'll likely have a 24/7 emergency number for you to call/go to.

chelbear58
November 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
i dont no what happened shes kind of adopted us she comes and goes i think someone got rid of her we feed her cuz she was starving now she comes eats sleeps leaves but she was fine nite before thanksgiving then in morning of thanksgiving she was waiting to come in as always but she made me go get her she was on wet porch witch she never does she dont like sitting on it when wet there was small amount of blood almost like a cut but a lot of saliva not really drooling poison was one thought or someone hurting her but she wont go to people except my family so i dont think she got hurt that way i hope not .but the sound she is making is weird like her mouths dry or she ate something sticky im not sure she makes clicking sounds well any help will be good til i can get vet i just want her comfortable can she take med like asprin :sad: :sad:

badger
November 26th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Do NOT give her asprin or anything else you might have in the house. Keep her inside in a quiet place, with water and food, so you can keep an eye on her. Even if she asks to go out, don't let her out, when cats are sick they sometimes hide, you might never see her again. None of us are vets here, it's impossible for us to know what is going on with your cat, it could be any number of things. If you love her, PLEASE take her to the vet!

Karin
November 26th, 2004, 10:06 PM
i dont no what happened shes kind of adopted us she comes and goes i think someone got rid of her we feed her cuz she was starving now she comes eats sleeps leaves but she was fine nite before thanksgiving then in morning of thanksgiving she was waiting to come in as always but she made me go get her she was on wet porch witch she never does she dont like sitting on it when wet there was small amount of blood almost like a cut but a lot of saliva not really drooling poison was one thought or someone hurting her but she wont go to people except my family so i dont think she got hurt that way i hope not .but the sound she is making is weird like her mouths dry or she ate something sticky im not sure she makes clicking sounds well any help will be good til i can get vet i just want her comfortable can she take med like asprin :sad: :sad:

Reading this hurt my head, I need aspirin.

CyberKitten
November 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Salivation in a cat can be a sympton of a very serious symptom and you should take your cat to the vet ASAP. One site I bookmarked on cat health sites oversalivation as symptomatic of "liver disorder, inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth (stomatitis), toothache or poisoning with some chemicals." Abundant salivation is also one of symptoms of rabies but I am assuming your kitty would be vaccinated for this since it is routine.

Here is a web site on what one site refers to as "drooling":

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/drooling.html

Your cat may have a dental problem which could cause a lot of pain or something more serious.

Please do not administer aspirin, ascetamenophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen to your cat. These are toxic to felines and could be lethal!! Here is a page on pain meds for animals - though it covers some heavy duty meds:

http://www.2ndchance.info/pain.htm

The best advice is to get him to a vet ASAP. I know this is the w/e but if you were ill and dependent on someone else to help you, I m sure you'd want to get help soon!!!

I hope it is nothing serious.
Good luck!