Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

meow meow doing great!!!

presciousface
November 26th, 2004, 10:58 AM
meow's doing fine now, this is not about her today suprise suprise!
we recently had a couple of new members join us this pass week buttons and zipper. They are mini rex bunnies and i do not have any info on them so i hoping one of you might i'd truely apprechiate any advice or info. My 2 cats have no problem with them at all except for the fact one of the bunnies zipper is very out going and loves to chase the cats both of them. He in fact b lines it right for them when taken from their cage. Amazing to me the cats are in fact very timid and get out fast although i must say if i sit and pet them they will tolerate the bunny investigating them and licking their fur. So if any one knows anything about these guys how possibly i could tell their sex's even would help. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberKitten
November 26th, 2004, 12:19 PM
I hope theses instructions are not TOO specific but here are some ideas:

The rabbit is then turned over in the lap of the handler, with the hind legs pressed against its chest. In this way the genital area is exposed for examination. The small, slit-like vulva of the doe and the rounded, papilla-like penis of the buck, with its urethral opening positioned immediately adjacent to the anus, can be readily visualized when the skin of the perianal region is stretched.

I always knew my bunny's sex so mnever had to fifure it out. I am told it can be difficult to tell at birth.

You might also check http://www.rabbit.org

chico2
November 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
A friend of mine had a little cute bunny and she did not know what sex it was :rolleyes: I easily found the little"furry thingys"that only a male has :thumbs up