Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fave Radio Station

wAggie
November 26th, 2004, 01:08 AM
I can't believe I"m saying this... I usually loathe Radios

but Flow 93.5... hehehe, I can't get enough of it (at most times)

I leave it on for the dogs during the day, and listen to it at work.

it's my constant background noise, and when a good tunes comes on, I blast the radio and start dancing.

:crazy:

krdahmer
November 26th, 2004, 01:56 AM
102.1....Sunday nights at 9pm... THE Retro Show. I went to hear it live once for my birthday a few years back....man does that place rock, I'd love to go again. Mostly I don't listen to the radio though... which is ironic, cause I went to see the Hip live at their CD release party courtesy of 102.1!!! I make my own mixed cd's (shhh...don't tell) and take them in the car... and sing at the top of my lungs (provided I have no passengers- well thats not true, I sing in front of the cats! LOL :rolleyes: )

chico2
November 26th, 2004, 07:35 AM
It's funny you should say that Dahmer,I have practically all my CD's in the car,best place to listen to music,with 6 speakers :thumbs up
I know what people will say.She's old!!!!
But I picked up Clay Aikens Christmas-CD,it's great!!! I just adore that cutie!
Get kind of weepy,listening to Christmas-songs :rolleyes:
Of course my favourite station is an oldies-station,I think it is 1150 something out of Hamilton....

raingirl
November 26th, 2004, 08:34 AM
102.1 all the way when I'm travelling, because I can't seem to get it on my stereo at home. At home I listed to 107.9. I'm a rocker at heart.

jackieb
November 26th, 2004, 09:02 AM
well i dont have one here but will look at theese stations thanks

Luvmypit
November 26th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Im a flow 93.5er too. Occasionaly I will listen to 102.1 but only if I hear a song I like. Otherwise its always on Flow

Iggette
November 26th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Haven't heard 93.5 will have to check it out

Most of the time its 95.7 or 102.1

But I just cant stay away from classical I think its 96.3 when I need to get my head together, be calm etc.... It soothes the heck out of me.....lol Have always liked classical but never bought any. :confused: I downloaded alot of LOTR ballads just love them. I used to play classical for the 5 hour drive home from the inlaws with my youngest daughter who is now 18 she used to always fall asleep for the drive......now she plays it herself on her stereo in her room at night for bedtime listening :D I've got her hooked.....lmao

Luvmypit
November 26th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Well 93.5 is urban music. So hip hop, r & b , reggae but I've heard some rock before and the occasional house song

jackieb
November 26th, 2004, 09:48 AM
i love rock music so what the best station for that?

Iggette
November 26th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Kinda goes by the area you are in so my son says for cambridge try the TO stations like 102.1.......107.1......99.9.....or a new one 9?.1....called the beat?......107.9 has newer stuff depending what you are into

wAggie
November 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Im a flow 93.5er too. Occasionaly I will listen to 102.1 but only if I hear a song I like. Otherwise its always on Flow

yes, hahaha... when the start playing too many commercials... :p

Iggette, JackieB, FLOW does play some *ahem* soothing, church-like, something-um... not to my taste, music. (OH, I checked it out, it's called Gospel :o )

here's their breakdown :thumbs up :

http://www.flow935.com/inTheFlow/schedule/programSchedule.htm

CyberKitten
November 26th, 2004, 01:56 PM
I listen to CBC Radio in the morning (am a news junkie, what can I say, lol) but I also like an oldies station in Halifax. (I also listen to RTE in Dublin online sometimes)

melanie
November 26th, 2004, 04:03 PM
check out Triple J, (JJJ) you can get it on the net, it is a non comercial radio st, that supports young australian music, they have been around foro ver 25yrs now and are the coolest st around, i have never listened to anything else, i would rather silence than commercial radio.... (errie sound of nothing but a few crickets in the background) :crazy: